Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Crawford Allegations: You Can Call Me a Lot of Things, But Don't Call Me Racist, That's F------ ******

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post

In order to be a star you must be able to fight but also lure attention. Dont forget Muhammad Ali used his charisma and media to become a huge star.
    Mike Tyson was a huge star but Don King did most of the talking. I see your point and dont disagree it can only help but shouldn't be a requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

Mike Tyson was a huge star but Don King did most of the talking. I see your point and dont disagree it can only help but shouldn't be a requirement.
      mike tyson had an image and aura and his persona was unique, he also did loads of commercials and press work in the 80s, mike tyson punchout, sporting goods, etc

bud is boring with no personality

Comment

This narrative that Bud has no personality is crazy to me. I've seen him in many back and forths with other fighters in press conferences. He also gets interviewed at many other fighters fights, recorded joking and talking smack, and has several documentaries where you "get to know" him. Anybody who thinks he is just always quiet avoiding interviews is just reading this **** online. Spence has not been in the media nearly as much as Crawford over the last few years, but PBC keeps his name out there at all times. Top Rank did a great job promoting Loma, who spoke little English early. Loma was promoted based on his fighting ability and not his charisma. Crawford's fights are great to watch also, but he was/is expected to do more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          I think anyone who knows boxing knows that Crawford would have hurt pac. I never saw any video of arum saying that but there is definitely video of him saying he didn’t want pac to get hurt.
          I will try to find the video and post it here if i can, and a few others like Manny himself responding too those questions, just in case you want to actually see his reply too or if you just want to continue looking it from the side of Arum and Crawford.

Comment

I think anyone who knows boxing knows that Crawford would have hurt pac. I never saw any video of arum saying that but there is definitely video of him saying he didn’t want pac to get hurt.
            I believe this is it, Arum:

Pac Response for wanting the fight:

Comment

are you not aware of what the lawsuit entails?

“Crawford is seeking $5.4 million in damages he says were caused by Top Rank's failure to offer him a fight against Errol Spence Jr. and failing to live up to its end of a contract extension signed in 2018. According to the lawsuit, Top Rank promised Crawford a payment of $900,000 if he was not offered fight against Spence by the end of 2020.”

"according to the lawsuit"........

Comment

As another poster said, Bob only see green. Your color or background means nothing to him. Just make him money and you’re good.

Comment

Bob"s been losing money on this fool because he's a racist right. Typical entitled mindset nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Airtioteclint View Post
                    Bob"s been losing money on this fool because he's a racist right. Typical entitled mindset nowadays.
                    He isn't losing money on Terence because he's not marketable it's because they're (Top Rank) run on the technological side like old men with no clue about how any of this streaming stuff works. Lucrative contracts with ESPN have led to a lack of PPV buys. You pay for the streaming service (ESPN+) on top of the PPV. When you limit the source for buys you'll get limited buys. Contract money was upfront for Top Rank they only get a percentage of PPV buys. Bob's own business dealings lost him money on PPV not TC's "lack of charisma"

Comment

Bob Arum will gleefully take money from a black man, a white man, a chinese man or any other kind of man or woman on earth. His greed knows no racial boundaries

Comment

Working...
                      X