Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Crawford Allegations: You Can Call Me a Lot of Things, But Don't Call Me Racist, That's F------ ******

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Arum will gleefully take money from a black man, a white man, a chinese man or any other kind of man or woman on earth. His greed knows no racial boundaries

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw85 View Post

He isn't losing money on Terence because he's not marketable it's because they're (Top Rank) run on the technological side like old men with no clue about how any of this streaming stuff works. Lucrative contracts with ESPN have led to a lack of PPV buys. You pay for the streaming service (ESPN+) on top of the PPV. When you limit the source for buys you'll get limited buys. Contract money was upfront for Top Rank they only get a percentage of PPV buys. Bob's own business dealings lost him money on PPV not TC's "lack of charisma"
      Now explain why other guys not affiliated with ESPN are not selling PPV's either. Has nothing to do with ESPN and everything to do with people streaming and the promoters putting on garbage PPV events.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post

"according to the lawsuit"........
        and you had no idea that was part of the lawsuit. Sit back and accept the L.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          and you had no idea that was part of the lawsuit. Sit back and accept the L.
          I dont read lawsuits, I read decisions. Anyone can allege anything. The court decides whats what.

Check back after a verdict and see if your psychic abilities were right or wrong

Comment

I dont read lawsuits, I read decisions. Anyone can allege anything. The court decides whats what.

Check back after a verdict and see if your psychic abilities were right or wrong
            have you heard arum deny that? Nope, he’s only denying that he’s racist. You tried to make a point and failed, accept it and try again next time.

Comment

have you heard arum deny that? Nope, he’s only denying that he’s racist. You tried to make a point and failed, accept it and try again next time.
              you're the one treating unsubstantiated lawsuit allegations as FACTS. You failed here, and probably fail at life on a daily basis

Comment

you're the one treating unsubstantiated lawsuit allegations as FACTS. You failed here, and probably fail at life on a daily basis
                aww look at you getting sensitive and trying to get personal. Fkn cornball. The promise to pay if the fight with Spence couldn’t be made is in his written contract with mean machine, so it’s no just unsubstantiated. Who is going to make a lawsuit and what lawyer would make a statement on record about a provision in a contract and there be no mention of it in the contract? Have some sense goofball. Whether they can prove racism is one thing but they can certainly prove something that’s in writing in a contract. Next time learn the details before letting your wet flapping v@gina take control of your emotions.
                Last edited by Jab jab boom; 04-03-2022, 08:05 PM.

Comment

aww look at you getting sensitive and trying to get personal. Fkn cornball. The promise to pay if the fight with Spence couldn’t be made is in his written contract with mean machine, so it’s no just unsubstantiated. Who is going to make a lawsuit and what lawyer would make a statement on record about a provision in a contract and there be no mention of it in the contract? Have some sense goofball. Whether they can prove racism is one thing but they can certainly prove something that’s in writing in a contract. Next time learn the details before letting your wet flapping v@gina take control of your emotions.
                  contract law 101. One party cannot obligate themselves to guarantee the services of another party that they do not have a contractual relationship with. You should familiarize yourself with the term "best efforts", because there is a 99% chance that those words appear in the contract. Arum was a Harvard lawyer. I'm sure you probably think YOU are smarter than him when it comes to matters of law, but I would bet a steak dinner that Arum would not bind himself to a contract provision that was out of his control. What if Spence said no? What if Spence retired? NO WAY Arum makes a provision that he has no control over.
                  Last edited by OnePunch; 04-04-2022, 07:41 AM.

Comment

contract law 101. One party cannot obligate themselves to guarantee the services of another party that they do not have a contractual relationship with. You should familiarize yourself with the term "best efforts", because there is a 99% chance that those words appear in the contract. Arum was a Harvard lawyer. I'm sure you probably think YOU are smarter than him when it comes to matters of law, but I would bet a steak dinner that Arum would not bind himself to a contract provision that was out of his control. What if Spence said no? What if Spence retired? NO WAY Arum makes a provision that he has no control over.
                    which is why he said that if he couldn’t deliver, he’d pay up the $900,000. He thought he could, he put his money where his mouth was and he failed. Arum knew his best shot at keeping Crawford was convincing him he could make the meaningful fights despite not having control of the PBC roster of welterweights. He took a gamble and lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                      which is why he said that if he couldn’t deliver, he’d pay up the $900,000. He thought he could, he put his money where his mouth was and he failed. Arum knew his best shot at keeping Crawford was convincing him he could make the meaningful fights despite not having control of the PBC roster of welterweights. He took a gamble and lost.
                      If you say so.

Personally, I'll wait and see what the COURT says........

Comment

Working...
                      X