Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Canelo's Potential Third Fight in 2022: John Ryder, Buatsi-Richards Winner are Frontrunners

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn on Canelo's Potential Third Fight in 2022: John Ryder, Buatsi-Richards Winner are Frontrunners

Eddie Hearn is working to ensure that Canelo Alvarez's potential third fight this year will involve one of his fighters. The promoter of Matchroom Boxing said Alvarez had requested that he look into a potential opponent for a fight date in December. Alvarez is currently signed to a two-fight deal with Hearn and DAZN
    [Click Here To Read More]

None of that interests me personally. If it isn't someone of note just skip it and beat down Charlo next May.
    Hustle Hustle likes this.

Comment

Ryder got handed a gift against the ghost of disinterested Danny Jacobs. Absurd that he'd even be considered for a Canelo fight. Canelo beat a much, much better version of Jacobs 8 rounds to 4.

Comment

Only reason for any of those fights is if Canelo is for some reason absolutely desperate to fight in the U.K. All 3 potential opponents should be gimmes for someone of Canelo’s ability and experience.

Comment

I'd also like to put my name forward if we're just handing out undeserved paydays to random British guys.

Comment

Either of these fights would be MASSIVE for Canelo's legacy!!!!! LOL

Comment

Would be a disappointing way to close out the year if he beats Bivol and Golovkin
              Hustle Hustle likes this.

Comment

QUOTE=MPDKSAB;n31318313 As reported by Boxingscene Zach Parker has been mandatory since March 2020. As of today that's 23 months, nearly 2 yrs. The last time the WBO Mandatory was fulfilled at 68 was BJS Isufi May 2019. It's been 33 months since.. WBO Super Champions have longer time to fulfill mandos (18 months). It's ALREADY been longer than that since the last mandatory defense of the belt. Canelo signed a 2 fight deal to face other ppl aside from his WBO mandatory at 68 while not being stripped. Now watch how they allow Canelo to finagle his way out of fighting Andrade.

They be tryna tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. It's a LOT of maneuvering for lil old Andrade who ain't fought nobody.. They so concerned they don't even want him to have opportunity. Wow.
                Last edited by MPDKSAB; 03-23-2022, 06:40 PM.

Comment

No mention of Beterbiev
                  Seems like Eddie is on board to let the Champ ( Artur ) marinate some more instead of trying to get some huge ppv going for his boys at Dazn
                  Yet , the nuthuggers disagree and the casual is blinded by the light
                  What a fughin joke
                  And we all know that after fighting Bivol and GGG , they’re won’t be no third fight in the same year
                  Long live the marination
                  Last edited by MulaKO; 03-23-2022, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tag, You're Hit View Post
                    Either of these fights would be MASSIVE for Canelo's legacy!!!!! LOL
                    Tbh why not take buatsis 0 if he wins, craig richards has proven his level as has ryder but buatsi would be a prospect, whats the point in keep beating fighters at the tail end of their careers who go on to do nothing like BJS, kovalev and GGG this year, he needs some young hungry unknown quan****** and less khans and kirklands, half of canelos record is like connor benns. Not necessarily buatsi but you know what I mean, charlo would have been a good prime young undefeated good W. Like when floyd beat canelo, that win just marinates as canelo does more. Canelo should beat some of the next gen so his legacy is overarching and covers all ground. Not just good names and former champs who are faded.

(Edit) and buatsi will probably beat Craig richards in more impressive fashion than bivol anyway. Ironically
                    Last edited by SuperSuperLeeds; 03-23-2022, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X