Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Conor Benn's Next Foe Being Finalized, Hooker Injured in Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

He's fighting Finnish igloo builders for chump change. Benns gonna earn with Hearn.
    Really bro…..really….

Comment

This clown still trying to use AB name smh

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

CVH has a good chin. He's only been stopoed once by Spence and that wasnt until the 8th. So thats probably why he was chosen for Ennis, who hasn't been past 6. So for Benn with his more limited experience, it's a decent match up if he gets the rounds out of it. And if it's another ko, then there's a bit of a statement there. It doesn't say he's a world beater, but it lets people know he's coming.
        I think Van Heerdan is a step back from Algieri. If they fought now, or at any point in their careers I’d have been backing Algieri

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post

I think Van Heerdan is a step back from Algieri. If they fought now, or at any point in their careers I’d have been backing Algieri
          Yeah possibly. But they want a guy who will take Benn the rounds. Granados did, but he didn't engage. They'd be hoping Van Heerden will. He needs a fight. Not just easy blow outs. Hooked would give him one but unfortunately he's injured.

Comment

Eddie Hearn - "Benn's next fight will be a PPV level event against a top fighter"

Benn ends up fighting Van Heedan lol
            Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Really bro…..really….
              Have you not seen who Avanesyan is supposed to be fighting next? His name is Oskari Metz. Go check him out. Then tell me wether or not that's a worthy opponent. Look, I get why they picked him. It's a tickover while they await their final eliminator. And normally I don't have issue with that. But when you get all vocal and slate another fighter, and claim they're conning the public and whatever else, then you better put your own fighter in a damn good fight. Otherwise your just a hypocrite. This fight shows up those hypocritical tendencies. So I don't mind highlighting that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_sh*t View Post

Avanyesan.
                I would've included him, but now he has a fight scheduled!

Jack_sh*t Jack_sh*t likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
                  McKinson has a fight scheduled with Ortiz ?? he's also got a horrible style to watch.

Marku is a level below Benn and signed with Boxxer from Matchroom so obviously doesn't want a Benn fight.
                  Avanesyan left Matchroom to sign with Frank Warren, you don't do that if you want a Benn fight. Avanesyan would be a good fight but he's always found a way of not getting the big fights, he was supposed to be fighting Ortiz.
                  Essuman is another Frank Warren fighter and I've no interest in that one, nor has anyone else I suspect.

Of the list Avanesyan would be the best to watch but you have to ask if Frank has all that money for Avanesyan why doesn't he make a Crawford fight ? Crawfords is available for a price that's the level Avanesyan should be at on his career. Benn should be beneath Avanesyan on paper.

It was more a case of these were people Hearn could have gone out and got but hasn't. Promoters still need to work with other promoters/broadcasters or we're heading for an MMA model. As a fan, promotional conflicts aren't my concern, especially if as you suggest there's a long list of promoters Matchroom won't work with. Some kind of Matchroom Fighting Championship isn't my thing

All 4 fighters would have brought something Benn hasn't seen before, the confidence of an in-form fighter and you can't tell me any of them don't represent at least some threat to somebody who struggled as he did to Cedrick Peynaud. Sure, he's improved since then but Hearn has been playing it safe, which is fine for a relative novice for a while, but there's a time for a change and I want to see him with a hungry opponent now

Comment

Shame about Hooker. Van Heerden isn't exactly a step up, more of a sideways move but still decent. It'll be interesting to compare with Spence's performance 5+ years ago.

Comment

Broner mikey garcia and a no name in 2022 stay busy pad resume build rivalry boots and hopefully yall fight 2024ish over time in trilogy 147-154 if close. As in ggg vs canelo close. Now if someome gets smoked like wilder did in 2nd fight hell nah move on next opp ortiz theres 4 belts enough for benn to have 1 milk it ortiz 1 milk it and boots 2
                      Last edited by Ry92; 02-11-2022, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X