Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Promoter Reflects on Fighter's Bright, if Uncertain, Future and the Politics of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

No you didn't bring up Ennis. But you chose to criticise Benn on an Ennis thread, so it's right back at you. I'm not denying who Ennis or Benn are calling out. But the difference is they are at different levels. I'm not saying Benn is on Ennis level and I never have. Benn is behind Ennis. Your making an assumption that I see them as equal and I don't. Benn is clearly learning his trade as he's further behind. I've never claimed he's the finished article, nor have I Ennis for that matter, but if you think Ennis is the finished article then more power to you. And if you think Benn is on the same level as Ennis, as you clearly must if you expect him to call out champions just because Ennis is doing it, then your out of your mind and don't know Boxing. You stick to to your guy and I'll stick to mine.
    —————
    Dude! The fact is, Broner is a washed up, blown up WW and undisciplined boxer. He is irrelevant at WW at this point.
    It’s a joke that Benn and his army of loyal fans like you clamor for such a farce of a fight.
    Benn has Brit money, he can easily get a fight with Thurman for example. That’s a 50/50 fight BUT a huge huge upside for Benn should he win, because Thurman is a much bigger name than Broner.

How a knowledgeable boxing fan like you can be ok with a Benn-Broner fight is what’s wrong with boxing.

Ennis is not my guy. Two years ago, I had never heard of him but clearly he has the tools and we’d love to see him against the top guys at WW.

If anything, Benn could go after the Khan-Brook winner. Way better than Broner.

For the record, I don’t dislike Benn at all.
    Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
      —————
      Dude! The fact is, Broner is a washed up, blown up WW and undisciplined boxer. He is irrelevant at WW at this point.
      It’s a joke that Benn and his army of loyal fans like you clamor for such a farce of a fight.
      Benn has Brit money, he can easily get a fight with Thurman for example. That’s a 50/50 fight BUT a huge huge upside for Benn should he win, because Thurman is a much bigger name than Broner.

How a knowledgeable boxing fan like you can be ok with a Benn-Broner fight is what’s wrong with boxing.

Ennis is not my guy. Two years ago, I had never heard of him but clearly he has the tools and we’d love to see him against the top guys at WW.

If anything, Benn could go after the Khan-Brook winner. Way better than Broner.

For the record, I don’t dislike Benn at all.
      And I don't dislike Ennis. He's a super talented guy and will do really well, and I'm not sure if Benn will yet. That's exactly why I don't want to see Benn in any crazy fights he's not ready for. Imo he's not ready for Thurman. Maybe he could beat him, but it's a big gamble at this stage while Benn is still trying to establish his most effective tools in his tool box. I'm not a huge fan of the Broner fight. But I can see it for what it is. It's a huge payday and big profile raise. Like him or not, shot or not, Broner is still a big name that will put Benns name out there, more specifically amongst general sport fans who probably don't know Broner is shot. It's all about $$$ for the future. I'd much prefer the Hooker fight, but unfortunately he's injured.

Comment

And I don't dislike Ennis. He's a super talented guy and will do really well, and I'm not sure if Benn will yet. That's exactly why I don't want to see Benn in any crazy fights he's not ready for. Imo he's not ready for Thurman. Maybe he could beat him, but it's a big gamble at this stage while Benn is still trying to establish his most effective tools in his tool box. I'm not a huge fan of the Broner fight. But I can see it for what it is. It's a huge payday and big profile raise. Like him or not, shot or not, Broner is still a big name that will put Benns name out there, more specifically amongst general sport fans who probably don't know Broner is shot. It's all about $$$ for the future. I'd much prefer the Hooker fight, but unfortunately he's injured.
        I think he should fight Thurman, in benns last fight he was throwing lots of solid body shots, plus he seems to have a bit of his father's unpredictable body language, very instinctive, now I'm not saying he beats Thurman, but thus stage of Thurman career he's looking for a way out.
        Rodtang Rodtang Oregonian Oregonian like this.

Comment

yeah he will likely have to add Haymon as an advisor to land the BIG FIGHTS

I don't see why Haymon and Dunkin can't work together with both working with Showtime honestly it would help speed things up for Boots, Brandun Lee and it would help get some of his other fighters on TV like Brian Norman Jr. who really need to be showcased

Comment

——-
            I hear you on Benn’s career path. Some fighters need to be matched well and so far Benn’s been on the right path.
            I love the ironies of life. We are arguing about Benn YET I am the one who holds him in higher esteem than you. And I dislike Broner so much hence my grievance.

I still think Benn beats the 3 guys below. All in the top 10 WW ranking but nobody knows those names unfortunately

6. Eimantas Stanionis
            9. Radzhab Butaev
            10. David Avanesyan

Comment

dont know about bright future, he'll be avoided, especially him fighting only in US and being the A side, Ennis is a dirty fighter, once he gets outboxed he loses his **** and starts lowblowing similar to what Spence does
              the first step up fight showed that perfectly, Lipinets won first 2 and in the 3rd Ennis lands a HUGE bomb right on the nuts that stunned Lipinets, he didnt know what to protect - his head or balls, that one punch actually broke him

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post

I think he should fight Thurman, in benns last fight he was throwing lots of solid body shots, plus he seems to have a bit of his father's unpredictable body language, very instinctive, now I'm not saying he beats Thurman, but thus stage of Thurman career he's looking for a way out.
                I think he'd have a good chance against Thurman, but he's still a bit raw for me. The improvements are coming. I'd like to see if they can work on his foot speed a little. If he can move in and out of range a little quicker he'd be tricky for anyone. His head movement is improving nicely. But he's getting there. Thurmans a seasoned experienced guy, so it's a touch early for me.

Comment

——-
                  I hear you on Benn’s career path. Some fighters need to be matched well and so far Benn’s been on the right path.
                  I love the ironies of life. We are arguing about Benn YET I am the one who holds him in higher esteem than you. And I dislike Broner so much hence my grievance.

I still think Benn beats the 3 guys below. All in the top 10 WW ranking but nobody knows those names unfortunately

6. Eimantas Stanionis
                  9. Radzhab Butaev
                  10. David Avanesyan

I'm just a cautious guy lol. And after his early Peynaud fiasco, I just want them to get it right. I can't stand Broner either. So if Benn gives him a beat down it suits me Lmao.
                  Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

I'm just a cautious guy lol. And after his early Peynaud fiasco, I just want them to get it right. I can't stand Broner either. So if Benn gives him a beat down it suits me Lmao.
                    ——
                    Fair enough. What are your thoughts on Brook-Khan?

Brook could have been an ATG. He beat Porter. There was absolutely zero reasons/zero benefit to face GGG.
                    He was dead even vs Spence until his orbital got broken, again.
                    Had he stayed at 147, he would have been favorite to beat Crawford, PAC, Thurman and Spence.

So, I hate how his career has played out. I hope he blasts Khan out. Not because I dislike Khan but just so Brook can have that career ending curtain.

Comment

——
                      Fair enough. What are your thoughts on Brook-Khan?

Brook could have been an ATG. He beat Porter. There was absolutely zero reasons/zero benefit to face GGG.
                      He was dead even vs Spence until his orbital got broken, again.
                      Had he stayed at 147, he would have been favorite to beat Crawford, PAC, Thurman and Spence.

So, I hate how his career has played out. I hope he blasts Khan out. Not because I dislike Khan but just so Brook can have that career ending curtain.
                      Yeah I pretty much agree with all you've said. He was so underrated. The GGG fight was a big mistake. He was actually doing well against him until GGG just imposed his size. But I never wanted to see him take that fight. I thought even against Crawford, he was in the fight until he got caught. It annoys me how Porter was supposedly Crawford's first real WW test, when Brook was showing he can box at that level, but punch resistance is probably the issue now. I've always thought Brook will beat Khan and I still believe that, although I think Khan has a better chance now than, back when it should have happened. I hope Brook wins also. Khan has ran from this fight for too long, and is probably only taking it believing Brook is damaged goods. When Brook wasn't damaged, Khan wanted no part of him.
                      Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X