Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Reacts To Dropping Record $41 Million Bid For Fury-Whyte Rights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    VERY likely this fight loses money. Should have gave Whyte a better split and got Fury a rematch clause. If Whyte wins, they lose the belt and there's no rematch, he loses money too. Grade A stupidity.
    Businessman Fury didn’t want the fight in the first place and as you stated and I think will probably change his mind when he has scouts reporting what Whyte is looking like in training camp .

Comment

The reason Warren went all out was so they had control of the fight and get to rig the judges, Fury's gloves and even get a free pass for the PEDs that will be in Fury's body on fight night.

If Hearn was staging the show, the cheating would be much harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy bear View Post
        Warren is pretty much a cheer leader to be honest . Will it make a profit ? I doubt it .. Hearn has let himself be mugged , I said it before he should have stayed at sky and be backed by their brand and reputation, he’s working 25% harder for 25% less and he’s put himself under unnecessary pressure.
        Who cares who makes what, loses whatever , profits whatever ? Just make the fights happen. That's all a fight fan should worry about or concern themselves with. That's why the UFC has gained so much popularity. It's " your fighting this guy, Champ vs # 1 , end of story . And this is what your getting paid " . Boxings best fights never take place or if they do, it's 3-5 yrs past due date. Hopefully this pathetic contender , Whyte , accepts the 8 million dollars he'll never get anywhere again . Fury will toy with Whyte for 10 rounds then KO him in the 11th.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamboal00 View Post
          The reason Warren went all out was so they had control of the fight and get to rig the judges, Fury's gloves and even get a free pass for the PEDs that will be in Fury's body on fight night.

If Hearn was staging the show, the cheating would be much harder.
          Yeah, I can't think of a Matchroom card with dodgy judging, the wrong gloves being worn by a fighter without letting the opponent's team inspect them and a fighter allowed to box after testing positive for PED's without notifying his opponent's team. That **** never happens on Hearn's watch, boxing would be far less corrupt if Hearn promoted every single fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            VERY likely this fight loses money. Should have gave Whyte a better split and got Fury a rematch clause. If Whyte wins, they lose the belt and there's no rematch, he loses money too. Grade A stupidity.
            Not really. I know u Hearniacs are desperate for some kind of W but this is a massive fight in the UK and a half decent one in the US since Tyson Fury just went went on an epic showdown with their own heavyweight champion. This fight sells and everyone knows it, hence why Hearn was trying to scrimp off step aside money from it.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Based on what figures?

You’re just salty that Big Bank Frank blew your hero out the water at purse bid.
              Bingo…………….
              Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post

Do you Americans like late afternoon / early evening boxing from Europe. I'd have thought bbq, beers and a pass from the missus at that time would be just the ticket. Better than the middle of the night which it is the other way around.
                I can't speak for the masses, but it doesn't really impact me all that much. I watch all of my fights in the evening (8pm or so) whether live or previously recorded, it's more of a ritual I've had the past 3 decades. If there's an overseas fight, I will avoid any boxing information until I watch it.

I do feel bad for fight fans across the pond who have to stay up obscenely late to catch US-based fights.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I can't speak for the masses, but it doesn't really impact me all that much. I watch all of my fights in the evening (8pm or so) whether live or previously recorded, it's more of a ritual I've had the past 3 decades. If there's an overseas fight, I will avoid any boxing information until I watch it.

I do feel bad for fight fans across the pond who have to stay up obscenely late to catch US-based fights.
                  Dude, it sucks. I live on the east coast of the U.S. and all the matches are around midnight. The Vegas fights are three hours earlier so if the headliner goes on at 9 it's midnight here. And of course all NYC fights finish between 1 and 2 a.m.!

Comment

So is the split still 80/20?

Comment

Glad that the fight appears like it's going forward and that the fighters will get massive paydays. Hopefully it's profitable for all parties.

I dont really care about the financials with the exception not how it impacts me and the sport in general. I have to imagine I will have to view this on PPV unless ESPN plans to have this as throwback free fight like they did with Pacquiao's Horn fight. We'll wait and see I guess....

Comment

Working...
                      X