Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Reacts To Dropping Record $41 Million Bid For Fury-Whyte Rights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Reacts To Dropping Record $41 Million Bid For Fury-Whyte Rights

Frank Warren, co-promoter for WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, is flying high after slamming down a record shattering bid to secure the promotional rights to his boxer's mandatory fight with Dillian Whyte.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Frank probably contributed the fiver he fount behind his sofa

Comment

Parker v Joyce on the undercard would be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post
        Frank probably contributed the fiver he fount behind his sofa
        Haha. That made me laugh. I do wonder how much of this was Queensbury money and how much was Top Rank and ESPN. The numbers seem disproportionate for this fight, can it make money especially in the era of covid? I can't see where it would be a PPV in the US with less than ideal time slot.

Comment

VERY likely this fight loses money. Should have gave Whyte a better split and got Fury a rematch clause. If Whyte wins, they lose the belt and there's no rematch, he loses money too. Grade A stupidity.
          Gamboal00 Gamboal00 Castilo Castilo like this.

Comment

Absolutely insane. Fury probably has just 2 fights after this in him tops. How is anyone besides fury and his camp making money?
            Gamboal00 Gamboal00 likes this.

Comment

If they stack the PPV it can sell decently in the US with ESPN promoting it hard.

And between Bob Arum and Frank Warren there are plenty of interesting fighters they could put on the card.
              RoadMan94 RoadMan94 likes this.

Comment

Finally!!!!!!!!! Least it didn't take 2 years like third wilder fight

Comment

I really don't care as long as they're fighting but does this mean the split is agreed to? Or, are we worried about this not getting done still.
                  Last edited by Sosay; 01-29-2022, 01:15 AM.

Comment

I’m glad this fight got signed. Good pay day for Fury & not bad for Whyte either. I’m glad Whyte is getting his shot. Joshua can rematch Usyk & winners for all the belts in December!!!!!!!
                    Ragga1 Ragga1 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X