Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrade-Parker, Alimkhanuly-Falcao Interim Title Fights Ordered By WBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andrade-Parker, Alimkhanuly-Falcao Interim Title Fights Ordered By WBO

Two interim title fights are now in play in lieu of a mandatory title defense. As previously reported by BoxingScene.com, the WBO granted approval for two-division and reigning middleweight titlist Demetrius Andrade to pursue a fight at super middleweight in lieu of a mandatory title defense versus Kazakhstan's Janibek Alikmhanuly. That decision has now come with the sanctioning body making available an interim middleweight title with its ordered fight between Alimkhanuly and Brazil's Esquiva Falcao.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Awesome! More interim titles. Just what we need

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
      Awesome! More interim titles. Just what we need
      We'll these are really just mandatory title shots. These aren't interim titles that will exist alongside the real title. These titles will be upgraded if the champion does not face the winner of the interim title. I see no problem with this, though I do think Andrade is grabbing a title knowing Canelo will not be defending against him in a timely manner.

Comment

Paco valcarcel said the wbo didn’t believe in interim titles and now they do?

Comment

Andrade is HILARIOUS. He has become the MW Shannon briggs. I don’t know if Hearn is in his ear with this nonsense but crashing Canelos press conferences trying to “corner” him by becoming the mandatory of a belt in a division he already unified? Cmon mannnn. This dude ducking alkamedi of whatever his name is that dude can fight and will give andrade a tough go. Canelo will NEVER fight andrade till he beats at least one noteworthy opponent. I used to like Andrade but he took his bum ness to the next level

Comment

Andrade is a shamless hypocrite

Comment

Poo poo came through again!

Comment

I hope Parker KO's Andrade for his blatant ducking. All talk and no action.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
                  Andrade is HILARIOUS. He has become the MW Shannon briggs. I don’t know if Hearn is in his ear with this nonsense but crashing Canelos press conferences trying to “corner” him by becoming the mandatory of a belt in a division he already unified? Cmon mannnn. This dude ducking alkamedi of whatever his name is that dude can fight and will give andrade a tough go. Canelo will NEVER fight andrade till he beats at least one noteworthy opponent. I used to like Andrade but he took his bum ness to the next level
                  Don't you dare compare him to Shannon Briggs.

Shannon Briggs fought George Foreman, Ray Mercer, Lennox Lewis, Sultan Ibragimov, Vitali Klitschko, Siarhei Liakhovich, and Frans Botha among others. He knocked out tons of bums but he also actually fought legitimate champions in the ring, which is something Andrade has never done.

Briggs won his two titles in the ring against reigning champions (Foreman and Liakhovich) and then defended them against great fighters immediately (Lewis and Ibragimov). Demetrius Andrade won his two titles in vacant title fights and then defended them against unranked bums.

34 years old, soon to be 32 fights, 0 legitimate world titlists on his resume, backed out of Charlo and Lara fights.

Comment

Sounds like a good fight at 160, 2 unbeatens with strong amateur records going at it. Canelo is not coming back to 160, Charlo probably moving up soon, Golovkin is 40 and fights once per year. The winner of this fight could be seen as the future of the division if they win in style.

Not sure what's going on with Andrade's career. Don't see him getting bigger fights at 168. He's been avoided but imo should stay at 160, defend and wait for Golovkin-Murata winner. It might not work, but the alternative is going to 168 and facing more no-names until one of them beats him. Canelo is not facing this guy until he gets a big win, mandatory status won't matter.

This whole situation is obviously sketchy. Canelo fought Plant not long ago, not like he's been out for a year and we need an interim champ. If Andrade is moving up, he should vacate. Shouldn't be a situation where he's champ in one division and interim champ in another. WBA had to cut back on their BS nonsense titles but now WBO are increasing theirs. WBO are the in the pocket of Arum and Hearn so it's surprising they are helping Andrade this way, although maybe it's because Parker is with Warren and Janibek and Falcao are with Arum so they are getting something out of it too.

Comment

Working...
                    X