Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury vs. Whyte: Frank Warren Wins Purse Bid With Record $41,025,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toffee View Post

If Eddie won the bid then yes, he'd get what he'd get and he'd have to decide whether to fight. Whyte would have got whatever he had negotiated in terms of guarantee and share of revenues generated.

With TR/Queensberry in control, Fury will already have his fee sorted. It won't be 80% of the purse as a lump sum, it will be a guarantee with share of revenues built in.

Frank's purse bid never affected what Fury would earn. He's already got a contract with his promoters.
    Frank Smith I think second in charge in Matchroom talked Hearn out of the bid winning ,he noted Hearn was probably going over the 41 million mark and had confidence in promotion of the fight making up the numbers but didn’t chance such an amount . I think it’s very uneducated though posters thinking Hearn lost he didn’t win so there’s no money to lose because he’s not paying fir the fight promotion rights .

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
      Frank Smith I think second in charge in Matchroom talked Hearn out of the bid winning ,he noted Hearn was probably going over the 41 million mark and had confidence in promotion of the fight making up the numbers but didn’t chance such an amount . I think it’s very uneducated though posters thinking Hearn lost he didn’t win so there’s no money to lose because he’s not paying fir the fight promotion rights .
      That's true. What he lost was the chance to invest significant money in something with a degree of risk that may or may not return a margin that's deemed acceptable. I'm sure it will, but it's a business transaction, not the 100m sprint.

I'm sure he would have loved to promote the fight just from a brand perspective though.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoadMan94 View Post

No your right, I did have the wrong person. I just got annoyed at your response is all.!

I also hold 0 hard feelings towards you and now understand what you was saying.
        All good brother. Hope you are doing well. God bless.
        RoadMan94 RoadMan94 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toffee View Post

That's true. What he lost was the chance to invest significant money in something with a degree of risk that may or may not return a margin that's deemed acceptable. I'm sure it will, but it's a business transaction, not the 100m sprint.

I'm sure he would have loved to promote the fight just from a brand perspective though.
          Maybe we get an All heavyweight card because they panic and want to beef it up ,at least it’s more probable at top rank .

Comment

Working...
          X