Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: I'd Be Prepared To Discuss Wilder vs. Anderson By End of 2022

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Green
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

I was about to say the same thing
    Oh ffs get a room u ragin h0m0

Leave a comment:

• JakeTheBoxer
    replied
    Nah, don`t ruin the kid, Wilder will knock him out badly. It is too early for him.

Leave a comment:

• Earl-Hickey
    replied
    Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

Usyk hasn’t done much at HW beating AJ isn’t really a big accomplishment Andy ruiz knocked his ass out and chisora roughed up usyk and arguably beat him. Wilder would have a good chance at knocking him out
    The **** has WILDER done at heavyweight? Beat stiverne and Ortiz? Lol.

Leave a comment:

• LAchargers373
    replied
    Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

1. Fury
    2. Usyk

After that it's a toss up and Wilder lands anywhere from #3 to #5

There is no planet on which Wilder is the number 2 heavyweight and you'd have to make a pretty good argument to convince me he's the number 3
    Usyk hasn’t done much at HW beating AJ isn’t really a big accomplishment Andy ruiz knocked his ass out and chisora roughed up usyk and arguably beat him. Wilder would have a good chance at knocking him out

Leave a comment:

• ooMCFMoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravensfan View Post

Unfortunately we will never know because it is highly unlikely that he will fight them.
    Yeahhh, nah.. he tried his hand on the only real ranked fighter he fought and he got beat 3-0.. wilder's a bum..

he will never step again against a real competition unless paid handsomely for an exit loss

Leave a comment:

• Willow The Wisp
    replied
    Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

1. Fury
    2. Usyk

There is no planet on which Wilder is the number 2 heavyweight and you'd have to make a pretty good argument to convince me he's the number 3
    I'm certain that I couldn't convince anyone who believes that Wilder is no better than No. 5 that he's of any value at all, much less #2.
    Tyson Fury is #1 because he remains the lineal champion, because he is the last of the "big three" to remain unblemished, and above all, because he's gone 2-0-1 against Deontay Wilder, the 2nd best of his generation, with two of these fights being classic, very closley contested wars for the ages.
    You can certainy make a good case for the gifted Oleksander Usyk to occupy the No. 2 spot. He, like Fury still remains undefeated and is fresh off a virtuoso drubbing of the beleaguered one-time lead horse Anthony Joshua. Besides this, he's got possesion of all those nifty plasic belts to help keep his pants up. So for the moment at least, let's give him the number 2. If anyone is to beleive he might avoid the bombs long enough to outbox Wilder though, he'll have to do more than he has done so far. Now it becomes a discussion. If you're an AJ fan, it's very likely that he remains your number three. He's been a fighting champion and has been immensely popular all over the world. If one were the create a sportsmen to keep boxing on top it would the smiling, affable Londoner, and much less likely the mean, surly American. The place where the wheels come off is in the fact that literally; every other guy who Joshua's been matched against since 2018 has beaten the **** out of him. And none of those guys were named Tyson Fury or Deontay Wilder. After being broken down and KOd by Ruiz Jr, a fringe contender at the time, and getting neatly outboxed whilst comming in prepared againt the brilliant Cruiserweight Usyk, who ouside of that win remains unproven and unimpressive at heavyweight, Anthony Joshua's brand is in tatters. Like the other two in the big three, Joshua is loaded with natural gifts, and he, like the other two, has excercised these talents by forging a hall of fame career. But unlike Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder who made history and covered themselves in glory in each other's company, Joshua lost the right twice to being a member of the big three, stumbling out of the inner circle not once, but twice. Perhaps more telling still though; just have a look at Wilder's expression when his 2nd fight with Fury was stopped. It was the only one of their three battles where he wasn't at some point looking down at Fury laid out on the floor multiple times; but even in this one, which seemed hopeless throughout, he was livid at the fight being halted, and wanted to go on. Now look at Joshua's face at the moment they signaled that he'd had enough from the portly Andy Ruiz. His is the look of a defated man grateful to be rescued. These images both, are unmistakable. Both good fighers, but different animals when the going gets tough. Anyone who thinks that Anthony Joshua might have a ghost of a chance avoiding the knockout if he were ever to share the ring with Deontay Wilder is mistaken. Unable to process the data through the thick loyalty they owe to their favored fighter. Fresh off that embarrassing loss to Usyk, Joshua simply ain't no number three. Unless you're a shareholder of the BoxRec ratings algorithm, you know that only careful analysis of fighter activity discloses merit.
    I don't rank Dillian Whyte next, but I'm gessing you (and plenty of others) might. Whyte is a fine contender, and Minto, Allen, Chisora (twice), Helenius, Browne, Parker, Rivas, an old Wach, and going 1 and 1 with a quite old Povetkin is a respectable body of work, but unable to shake the image of Whyte getting lit up and laid out in two attempts at steppin up, I can't imagine him staying upright for as long vs. Wilder as Luis Ortiz did, knowing that Ortiz is probably slightly better anyway. After Ortiz, then Whyte, two of the old guard, we have Parker, Joyce, Ruiz, Hunter, Martin, Wallin, Yoka, Sanchez, Helenius, Chisora, Hrgovic, et el, who we obviosly cannot rank above Wilder at this point in time, no matter how much we might dislike him; so there it is. Live and learn.

Leave a comment:

• Murray Kelm
    replied
    I think Anderson will emerge as the top American and Dubious will emerge as the top British heavyweight once Fury retires. Dubious vs Anderson should someday be very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• hitmanjosh
    replied
    Dam what Arum talking about, by the year end bring Fury A(ss) on too! Bob sometimey a(ss) all about himself; and I hope others are talking to Jared because at some point he's going to need not F(uk) with Arum or these weak lying MF'ers and most are snakes in this sport, the woman too! Jared just needs to stay on point and healthy and away from fake folks out to capitalize off his talent and hard work. I understand in the beginning you need a Bob and what it brings to your career but just be mindful that most often there out for self, that's all.

Leave a comment:

• Earl-Hickey
    replied
    Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

Exposed as the 2nd best heavyweight on the planet. And that, only by a sliver.
    1. Fury
    2. Usyk

Leave a comment:

• Ravensfan
    replied
    Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post

Hey ive seen no proof of his racism, if anything I've seen the opposite but Bud Crawford called him racist so who are we to argue? Surely if we disagree with Bud we are then by definition racists ourselves.
    There is zero need to argue, there is just plenty of evidence that he isn't a racist. Maybe Bud just isn't much of a promotable fighter and he is just looking to blame someone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X