Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whispers: Teofimo Lopez's Father Taking Backseat, EDDIE REYNOSO NEW TRAINER!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whispers: Teofimo Lopez's Father Taking Backseat, EDDIE REYNOSO NEW TRAINER!!

There are rumors going around that Junior Lopez (Teofimo Sr.) will be handing the rains over to Eddie Reynoso, making him the head trainer. The father will still be in the corner, just taking on a secondary role because of all the trainers out there, he respects Reynoso and trusts him with his son. It is not yet confirmed, but this is what's being said by several people. I'll attach a video of one of these individuals.

It seems as if the father succumbed to the pressure of public opinion. Regardless, I believe it is the right decision.

UPDATE: I just heard from someone close to the Lopez's, and he said this rumor is true, that Teofimo is going to go to San Diego and see whether there's chemistry. Then, if it feels right and Reynoso as well as Teofimo feel it's going to work, then Reynoso will be his new trainer.
    Last edited by Cypocryphy; 01-31-2022, 10:53 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

The rumor mill is circling. I expect something more definitive to be stated on this matter in the coming weeks. There's someone I can ask about this to find out more. We'll see.

If this is indeed true, my biggest concern is how Garcia and Lopez are going to be able to work together at the same gym. They don't like each other, so this should be interesting.
    Last edited by Cypocryphy; 01-22-2022, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Don’t like the move for Reynoso. He should say thanks but no thanks. Like mentioned, Garcia vs Teo beef could become toxic for everyone in the gym.

He’s taking on too many fighters.
      paulf paulf Cypocryphy Cypocryphy like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing fan1981 View Post
        Don’t like the move for Reynoso. He should say thanks but no thanks. Like mentioned, Garcia vs Teo beef could become toxic for everyone in the gym.

He’s taking on too many fighters.
        I COMPLETELY agree. Reynoso seems to have a soft spot for Lopez. I remember when he asked him to bring the belts up with Canelo and pose as undisputed after the Plant fight. I would have thought he would flat out say now but seemed genuinely happy to have both of them pose. So there must be good feelings between those guys. But like you said, Garcia and Lopez together will make the gym toxic.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it. Teo would have to eat a lot of humble pie and he would no longer be the 'alpha' male in the camp, plus the Reynosos are already full up with Frankie Sanchez, Andy Ruiz, Ryan Garcia, Oscar Valdez, Julio Cesar Martinez, Canelo, and there's probably a few low level prospects hanging around as well.
          supRa supRa likes this.

Comment

Don't like this. Lopez Sr is gonna be a distraction even in the backseat. He needs to be out of sight

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
              I'll believe it when I see it. Teo would have to eat a lot of humble pie and he would no longer be the 'alpha' male in the camp, plus the Reynosos are already full up with Frankie Sanchez, Andy Ruiz, Ryan Garcia, Oscar Valdez, Julio Cesar Martinez, Canelo, and there's probably a few low level prospects hanging around as well.
              Yeah. Maybe. But I can see Reynoso doing it because Lopez's potential and ability to bring in large purses. Lopez has a lot of backing from Top Rank. And Robert Garcia has twice that amount at his gym, maybe more, so it's not that farfetched. But Reynoso's gym is getting full is getting packed. I agree.

Comment

Would be the best thing Sr. Could do for his son, even if it isnt with Reynoso.
                4truth 4truth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

Yeah. Maybe. But I can see Reynoso doing it because Lopez's potential and ability to bring in large purses. Lopez has a lot of backing from Top Rank. And Robert Garcia has twice that amount at his gym, maybe more, so it's not that farfetched. But Reynoso's gym is getting full is getting packed. I agree.
                  Whose Robert got in his stable these days? He def doesn't have as many high profile fighters that Eddy does.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

I COMPLETELY agree. Reynoso seems to have a soft spot for Lopez. I remember when he asked him to bring the belts up with Canelo and pose as undisputed after the Plant fight. I would have thought he would flat out say now but seemed genuinely happy to have both of them pose. So there must be good feelings between those guys. But like you said, Garcia and Lopez together will make the gym toxic.
                    Every dude joining Reynoso thinks they’re going to turn into Canelo lol.

Lopez is aight, not sure why Reynoso is so high on him.

Comment

Working...
                    X