Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Nobody Knows Haney in Australia, Kambosos-Lomachenko a Much Bigger Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loma #2 at 135 is not only higher ranked than Haney #3 at 135 at lightweight but Loma is P4P #7 and Haney is not in the P4P top 50. Loma 18 fights 11 champions Haney 26 fights 3 champions Kambosos knows who is better the best
    SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

Bob is right , Haney is green and unknown . i mean the guy did not even have a signature fight and got his belt via email.
      Last edited by MrShakeAndBake; 01-19-2022, 09:07 AM.

Comment

This is true...

Comment

if it's loma-kambosos, it'll be a ppv fight...and australia is not big enough (population wise) to bring in serious money, nor is loma a ppv star.
          if it's haney-kambosos, it'll be dazn paying for it with a global subscription model that might just make up the numbers.

also, kambosos beats haney then it sets up kambosos vs loma in australia for an even bigger fight later. if haney wins then it sets up haney vs loma as a huge fight in the US or even the middle east.

Comment

dont matter if lomachenko is ranked higher. Haney has the main WBC Belt. in order to be consider true undisputed champion then one would need that belt. Haney outboxes both Loma and Kambosos though. haney only gets touched and rocked when he gets reckless and tries to exchange at a close distance. when he sticks to boxing and movement he is hard to hit and is too fast with his jab. he will give both fighters problems and will win a sound decision against either or.
            isagj isagj likes this.

Comment

I like George. He has a good underdog story but I honestly think he gets beat by Loma and Haney. I could see him hanging in there with Haney but losing a clear 8/4 7/5 type fight. Haneys always sharp as hell the first 3 rounds or so then starts to fade in the 2nd half of the fight - but usually has enough rounds in the bag already. I think Loma would embarrass him. Barring an injury or a freak cut, I just feel Loma is a bad style match up for Kam. Where as Haney matches up better with Loma because of his reach and jab.

I just hope we hear something soon don’t care who gets it first, just rather it be one of them after all this talking. George would lose a lot of steam from that Lopez win if he turns around and fights some Joe Shmoe instead

Comment

Bobby is right on this one, however, Hearn and DAZN are going to dig deep in those pockets to try to secure Kombosos, is Bob willing to do the same for Loma?

Comment

Loma is not some star. Anybody who knows him knows Haney in Australia or anywhere else
                  isagj isagj likes this.

Comment

Boxing will flourish when Arum leaves.

I don't think I have seen a promoter go out of their way to tear down the value of the opposition like him. The problem with his approach is that boxing is very much a "It takes two to tango" type of sport.

Fighters need valuable competition. I hope that once he is out of the equation, promoters cooperate with each other more.

Comment

Haney is hard to recognize grabbing knees, huggin bellies. If he does that in Australia, they're going to laugh him out of town.

Comment

Working...
                      X