Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Nobody Knows Haney in Australia, Kambosos-Lomachenko a Much Bigger Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    Boxing will flourish when Arum leaves.

I don't think I have seen a promoter go out of their way to tear down the value of the opposition like him. The problem with his approach is that boxing is very much a "It takes two to tango" type of sport.

Fighters need valuable competition. I hope that once he is out of the equation, promoters cooperate with each other more.
    Leonard Ellerbe is the very next guy who comes to mind. He’s Arum 2.0 in that respect but he even takes it a notch further by spewing things that simply aren’t true. You ask him & he’ll tell you Tanks the face of boxing & the biggest star and he sells more PPVs than every other fighter put together & they all need him he doesn’t need them.

Comment

No-one in Australia knows who Kambosos is, never mind Haney or Loma. No-one knew who Lopez was either - I was so disappointed how the title win barely made a ripple in the news.

But Australians would turn out to the opening of an envelope. Sell the fight and they'll come.

Just don't expect much on the PPV side from this part of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post

I doubt they are true but if it's OK for BigDunn to go around calling everybody a racist and now one of my favourite fighters has been at it so it must be fine to do.
        I don't know, man, its just a funny ass name

Comment

Look at this cheap ass, lying old motherfucker over here! He wouldn't give George Kambosos his guarantee asking price even if someone was to hand him over $200M in cash.

Comment

Working...
          X