Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Okolie: Canelo-Makabu is Interesting Fight, I'd Be Shocked if Canelo Wanted Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Okolie: Canelo-Makabu is Interesting Fight, I'd Be Shocked if Canelo Wanted Me

WBO cruiserweight champion Lawrence Okolie does not see any possibility where Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez will challenge him. Last November, the boxing world was shocked when Canelo's handlers made a request to make a big jump in weight to challenge WBC cruiserweight champion Ilunga Makabu.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo vs Okollie would look so f***ing weird in the ring together. They literally have opposite body types.

Comment

That would be quite interesting. Perhaps too tall an order for Canelo, pun intended.

Comment

It's going to be Canelo vs Charlo next, they are already in advanced talks. Probably will be announced with in two weeks or so. Yahoo sports has already reported on this. Canelo never had any intention in moving up to Cruiser, it was just posturing by Reynoso to get the rest of the bunch to fall in line and not have long drawn out negotiations like Canelo's last opponents, it was reported by the Mexican media when this broke a few months back, it was just smoke on the water and apparently it's working....

Comment

Great, another weight class that is going to freeze and not challenge each other waiting for that phone to ring offering a Canelo fight.
          SimpleTouchee SimpleTouchee likes this.

Comment

That would be a hella dull fight, pure clinching and falling short from both.

Comment

Okolie, snap out of it, Canelo isn't going to want to fight you, the disadvantages for him would be to great.
              Besides the Mutt, and Jeff look between the both of you inside the ring be hilarious, if not darn right abusive.

Comment

I’d be shocked, too, but think I’d be more shocked if Okolie won.

Not taking anything away from him, I quite like his persona, but they found him in Macdonald’s.

Canelo’s been fighting all his life, and these manufactured types of boxer we’re seeing more of tend to get found out against natural born pugilists (in Chris Eubank’s voice).

The only thing that makes the (potential) contest interesting, and worth a watch, is precisely what Okolie says: dimensions. I’m still saying Canelo hurts him and decisions him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
                  Okolie, snap out of it, Canelo isn't going to want to fight you, the disadvantages for him would be to great.
                  Besides the Mutt, and Jeff look between the both of you inside the ring be hilarious, if not darn right abusive.
                  I disagree. What advantages Okolie has are balanced out by his disadvantages: mainly that Canelo was boxing as a foetus.

I also disagree that Canelo wouldn’t want to fight him. I actually think he might see him as a semi-cherry pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Elastic Recoilz View Post
                    That would be a hella dull fight, pure clinching and falling short from both.
                    That Clío you’ve uploaded of Golovkin getting smacked never ceases to intrigue me. It’s mainly the difference between normal speed and slo-mo for me, because In real time, it’s a vicious and rapid shot.

However, I love the slight head turn pre-full contact from Golovkin. Stops him getting knocked down in my opinion.

I see someone like AJ, and he takes these kinds of shots flush because he doesn’t move the head too much.

W/Fury, the only time he’s been sparked is when his feet got caught and his head was stationary. Every other time Wilder knocked him down, I recall (perhaps falsely) his head was on the move, and prob absorbed some impact

Comment

Working...
                    X