Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Roy Jones legendary mainly because he was able to rule from 160-HW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

You mentioned Toney. He popped for anabolic steroids ala nandrolone like Tyson Fury, Luis Ortiz. Roy popped for Androstenedione
    Andro a legal over the counter supplement found in thousands of drug/Health stores alongside aspirin and cough medicine before the drug nazis banned it like they did laudanum.

When U gonna get outta 2nd grade?
    BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

LOL @ Roy "ruling" HW.

There's a reason he picked Ruiz instead of Lewis or even Byrd.

Comment

Fitzs, Mendoza, etc, there's a few MW-HW champions actually. All of them prior to Roy got to weight their MW weight because all prior to Roy are from the era prior to uniform and formalized divisions and even sanctioning bodies.

Roy fought at HW weighing HW weight. Listen to dude talk about fighting different at different weights....Roy definitely did something like Fitzs, little better imo.

People say John was ****, fair, folks was ducking him and he's a x2 though.

Corbett was retired, some other dude who beat Fitzs already had Corbett's belt. Corbett cashed in on his name and Fitzs beat him. Weighing in the 160s. Corbett wasn't exactly the greatest win either.

What my point is, is if you see Fitzs as simply lucky, then I understand you seeing RJJ similarly, but if you call Fitzs an ATG but not Roy I'm a bit confused. Roy did it, better imo.

Comment

Ruled at HW? That's like saying Charles Martin ruled at HW. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
            Ruled at HW? That's like saying Charles Martin ruled at HW. Nash out.
            whenever a fighter has a full title at any weightclass he is said to be the "Ibf ruler/ Wbc ruler etc." doesn't mean he was undisputed ruler

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

Andro a legal over the counter supplement found in thousands of drug/Health stores alongside aspirin and cough medicine before the drug nazis banned it like they did laudanum.

When U gonna get outta 2nd grade?
              Cute story

Comment

RJJ is a legend because he looked like a damn video game when he fought. During his prime.
                Capt Hook Out!

Comment

haha knew from the posting you were from here. proper spelling of craic.

Jones doing things like the hands behind the back and being very flashy and good for highlight reels helped him for young me, to cement him in my mind.

Comment

This feels like it should be on the boxing history thread.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                      LOL @ Roy "ruling" HW.

There's a reason he picked Ruiz instead of Lewis or even Byrd.
                      Facing and beating John Ruiz at heavyweight is a bigger challenge, than Canelo Alvarez facing Ilunga makabu.

John Ruiz was a better heavyweight, then Ilunga Makabu is a cruiser weight.

Ruiz was a solid legitimate World Champion. Who was not going to disappear, soon as he was hit.

I am very dubious of the Alvarez vs Makabu match up.

Comment

Working...
                      X