Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bud is 34,Do you think his career is officially over?(v top fighters?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bud is 34,Do you think his career is officially over?(v top fighters?)

I thought for sure he was going to fight Spence & go to Pbc,but now that they came out & said theres no money to make that fight(& Bud doesn't seem like he will ever budge)

So you decide,is this the end of Buds career as a top fighter?

He still looks sharp in the ring and the reason PBC are avoiding him is exactly that reason.

So no.

Comment

It is not the old days anymore.

You can last a lot longer in the ring these days, especially with how rare it is to see these guys in the ring, we are lucky to get 2 fights a year.
      Wurider Wurider likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
        I thought for sure he was going to fight Spence & go to Pbc,but now that they came out & said theres no money to make that fight(& Bud doesn't seem like he will ever budge)

I think I get what you mean. Its not the skills, its who will work with him. With these recent articles about Crawford not being profitable and now the lawsuit.
        I thought the same thing, damn he might be done. Thats a shame if so.
        Obtuse Obtuse likes this.

Comment

Every fighter's prime is different.

Bud was a late bloomer in the sport. He looked excellent against Porter.... his best may be yet to come.

It's looking like Spence/Crawford will go the way of Jones/Hopkins II or Gamboa/Lopez. A shame, but there's plenty of other fights for Crawford.
          Last edited by paulf; 01-13-2022, 06:19 PM.
          El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post

No, it’s not over. Spence is the only fight anyone wants to see and I think he can beat him. That said, I think BOTH fighters can’t compete with the young legs coming up.

Comment

Nah, hes got at least 2 years. Hes never taken much punishment (combo of pbc duckin him and his less than stellar opps at 147). As you saw vs Porter, hes still a killer. No wonder the (P)rotected (B)oys (C) club dont want that smoke! And isnt Ortiz in a mando position to fight him? What about Boots? Im pretty sure Bud has a voluntary def next. Boots/Showtime can make that fight happen and so can GB, if they truly believe in their fighters!
              Last edited by El_Mero; 01-13-2022, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Every fighter's prime is different.

Bud was a late bloomer in the sport. He looked excellent against Porter.... his best may be yet to come.

It's looking like Spence/Crawford will go the way of Jones/Hopkins II or Gamboa/Lopez. A shame, but there's plenty of other fights for Crawford.
                Damn straight its a shame. If it ever happens itll be way past its sell date. At least everyone knows whos with the sh.it and it aint Spence!

Comment

I'm sure some people would love for this to happen but NOPE! I think he fights Thurman in July (If Thurman beats Barrios without any injury during the fight, of course not to look past Mario) and it will be his highest payday of his career and the biggest PPV of his career...
                  Last edited by sicko; 01-13-2022, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Nah he’s signing with PBC.

Comment

Working...
                    X