Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's Fight of The Year: Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder III

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's Fight of The Year: Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder III

By Keith Idec - When Deontay Wilder went down during the third round of his third fight against Tyson Fury, it looked like the former WBC heavyweight champion's nemesis would dominate him again. Wilder already appeared tired by then, an ominous sign for a fading fighter who
    [Click Here To Read More]
    KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

That fight that nobody wanted ended up being one of the best HW title fights of all time.

Boxing, gotta love it!

Comment

Oh look, Heavyweight is chosen as the fight of the year, so that makes 3 awards granted to this overrated pile of crap division : Prospect of the year, KOTY, and Fight of the year, what a bunch of BS.

Listen, Russell Mora ruined this fight by misdirecting Deontay 'Bronze-Bum' Wilder to the wrong corner, most of Tyson's efficient strikes were illegal ; the knock-out came after Tyson rabbit-punched Deontay Wilder in front of Russell Mora -- who was paid-off, evident in how he replaced Mike Ortega as the ref. This was not boxing, it was more MMA or street-fighting. But I know that Beta males orbit the big-goofs because they bullied them as kids.

But let me tell you facts, Roman Gonzalez vs Juan Francisco Estrada 2 was a real boxing contest, no dirty cheating ; two legends going mano-a-mano like real men, not resorting to cheating to attain victory.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Oh look, Heavyweight is chosen as the fight of the year, so that makes 3 awards granted to this overrated pile of crap division : Prospect of the year, KOTY, and Fight of the year, what a bunch of BS.

Comment

The writer forgot to mention the long count for Fury. Cheers to Wilder, the real winner.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

I think that Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk was better than the Fury vs. Wilder trilogy, that was real boxing. Teofimo Lopez nearly losing his life vs. George Kambosis was also better than Fury-Wilder III : both also went down ; Kambo pulled the upset of the year, he was hurt and got off the floor in the 10th round.
            P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

I think that Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk was better than the Fury vs. Wilder trilogy, that was real boxing. Teofimo Lopez nearly losing his life vs. George Kambosis was also better than Fury-Wilder III : both also went down ; Kambo pulled the upset of the year, he was hurt and got off the floor in the 10th round.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

Anthony Joshua, the UK's favorite HW, also put on the biggest spectacle in 2021 and had a greater audience than Fury-Wilder III. I think its also fair to take into consideration that Oleksandr was expected to get blasted-out inside five rounds, but Gypsy-Bum Tyson Phooey was the favorite against the 'Bronze-Bum' Deontay Wilder, who was already beaten -- granted nor fairly but damaged nevertheless.
                Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Anthony Joshua, the UK's favorite HW, also put on the biggest spectacle in 2021 and had a greater audience than Fury-Wilder III. I think its also fair to take into consideration that Oleksandr was expected to get blasted-out inside five rounds, but Gypsy-Bum Tyson Phooey was the favorite against the 'Bronze-Bum' Deontay Wilder, who was already beaten -- granted nor fairly but damaged nevertheless.
                  Nobody will ever watch Joshua-Usyk again, a one-sided fight, no KDs, just Joshua getting schooled by a guy who didn't even look for the KO, boring!

Fury-Wilder 3 was a fight for the ages, you couldn't take your eye off it for a second.

Last edited by denium; 01-07-2022, 06:11 AM.
                  icee icee likes this.

Comment

Respect. Usyk-Joshua doesn’t get anywhere near enough credit.

I know there were a lot of KDs in Fury and Wilder, but the fight was a giant bear hug. The other major HW fight was beautiful. They moved like MWs, which is astounding when you consider how unfit and immobile the rest of the division is.
                    1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X