Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's Fight of The Year: Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder III

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't see all the fights in the year but this was a good one. It was even better than Lewis vs Klitschko

Comment

Would have to agree. Was probably the fight I was most intrigued by. Wilder changing trainers and both guys on a long layoff who knew what would happen.
      I would preferred Fury/AJ for undisputed but once that was blown up I’m glad Fury beat his ass again.
      Still say Wilder should have taken step aside money and had a deal to fight the winner.

Comment

For sheer sloppy thrills and chills, III had it all. The bar fight to end all bar fights.

Fun as it was, I’d rather see Loma, Usyk, Stevenson, Bud or any other precision operator over Fury or Wilder any day.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

I’m quite sure they do, and I’m alright with that. I just prefer technical affairs, myself.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a high quality fight with as many knockdowns as Fury-Wilder, but if you put a gun to my head and made me pick between a technical fight with no KDs and a sloppy one with loads, i’d say that I’d take the former all day.

This is why my favourite fights of the last 5 years are Golovkin-Canelo II, but especially Lomachenko-Linares.

Yea same here. Wilder vs Fury 3 was "exciting" because of the knockdowns but after rd 3,they both gassed horribly and it became one sloppy bear hugging brawl until Fury got the KO.

Where as you had the spectacle/event of those entrances from Usyk and especially Joshuas with the whole rocky 4 training montage,now that was incredible in itself. Nobody comes close to the excitement of a Joshua entrance and as an American,i love that ****. Reminds me of the Hulkster,Ultimate Warrior,Macho Man WWF Wrestlemania entrances back in the 80's. That coupled with an undersized but highly skilled technical fighter in Usyk vs the big, power combination punching Joshua and the whole anticipation of whether Joshua was going to land that one big bomb??... all that coupled with Usyks brilliant boxing ???

Sucked that it was like 1pm over here when it aired live but we were all still hyped for it. Underrated fight indeed.
          P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Yea same here. Wilder vs Fury 3 was "exciting" because of the knockdowns but after rd 3,they both gassed horribly and it became one sloppy bear hugging brawl until Fury got the KO.

Where as you had the spectacle/event of those entrances from Usyk and especially Joshuas with the whole rocky 4 training montage,now that was incredible in itself. Nobody comes close to the excitement of a Joshua entrance and as an American,i love that ****. Reminds me of the Hulkster,Ultimate Warrior,Macho Man WWF Wrestlemania entrances back in the 80's. That coupled with an undersized but highly skilled technical fighter in Usyk vs the big, power combination punching Joshua and the whole anticipation of whether Joshua was going to land that one big bomb??... all that coupled with Usyks brilliant boxing ???

Sucked that it was like 1pm over here when it aired live but we were all still hyped for it. Underrated fight indeed.

Yeah, on that note, I think if Fury has any longer than a 6 week training camp for that one, it doesn’t become a sloppy brawl, but a KO in the first half of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Oh look, Heavyweight is chosen as the fight of the year, so that makes 3 awards granted to this overrated pile of crap division : Prospect of the year, KOTY, and Fight of the year, what a bunch of BS.

Listen, Russell Mora ruined this fight by misdirecting Deontay 'Bronze-Bum' Wilder to the wrong corner, most of Tyson's efficient strikes were illegal ; the knock-out came after Tyson rabbit-punched Deontay Wilder in front of Russell Mora -- who was paid-off, evident in how he replaced Mike Ortega as the ref. This was not boxing, it was more MMA or street-fighting. But I know that Beta males orbit the big-goofs because they bullied them as kids.

But let me tell you facts, Roman Gonzalez vs Juan Francisco Estrada 2 was a real boxing contest, no dirty cheating ; two legends going mano-a-mano like real men, not resorting to cheating to attain victory.

How the times have changed, oh wait it took less than a year for you to stab your former hero in the back. Does he still compare to Joe Louis in your opinion? One could only imagine the praise you'd be singing had Wilder had won. Yet here you are proving yourself the sad little man, guys like me knew you were from day one. Fury broke you, exposed you and had you turn your back on Wilder. Fragile little man with no honor, morals or standards. Never forget how you embarrassed yourself in 2021, 2022 gonna be quite the ride when Tyson Fury is the undisputed HW champ and is declared FOTY! Cant wait to see you fully snap lol

Comment

Fan boys at it again. To even mention Joshua vs Usyk as a contender for fight of the year is a pathetic attempt by Aj fans to build him up to be something he isn’t. Reading these posts, you’d think he was the heavyweight Wilfred Benitez with all this sweet science talk. Aj fought ridiculously scared for the much bigger man and had already given in to the loss during the championship rounds. Fury vs Wilder is foty because BOTH guys have it everything they had and neither stopped trying to win.
                bullydean bullydean likes this.

Comment

Like the post above me says. Just a bunch of Fanboys. I see AJ and Wilder fanboys. I personally don't think FvW 3 was foty.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    Fan boys at it again. To even mention Joshua vs Usyk as a contender for fight of the year is a pathetic attempt by Aj fans to build him up to be something he isn’t. Reading these posts, you’d think he was the heavyweight Wilfred Benitez with all this sweet science talk. Aj fought ridiculously scared for the much bigger man and had already given in to the loss during the championship rounds. Fury vs Wilder is foty because BOTH guys have it everything they had and neither stopped trying to win.
                    This right here!!

Joshua boxed scared against Usyk and was happy to give away his belts like the meek man he is.

Fury-Wilder 3 was easily FOTY, nothing else came close, the two top men in the division going all out, a brutal war.

Boxing ain't always about the 'sweet science' it's about damaging and hurting your opponent, this is the hurt game, we want blood and violence, and that fight had it all.

But if we are talking about the sweet science, Joshua can only dream of being as slick as Tyson in the ring.

Fury made Wilder 3 a brawl because it was personal and wanted to hurt Deontay for all the rubbish he came out with after the second fight.

​​​​​​
                    Jab jab boom Jab jab boom likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X