Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's Fight of The Year: Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder III

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight of the Year, build up of the year, rivalry of the decade.

I was never one of the people 'Not wanting to see the third fight, I always wanted it to happen before Fury vs Joshua'.

And people need to give credit to Wilder, because it was his competitive attitude and none acceptance of losing to Fury which forced this third fight.

I sense Wilder may possibly retire, it has been sometime now since this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

Nobody will ever watch Joshua-Usyk again, a one-sided fight, no KDs, just Joshua getting schooled by a guy who didn't even look for the KO, boring!

Fury-Wilder 3 was a fight for the ages, you couldn't take your eye off it for a second.

Yo, I’ve watched it 3 times now. I’ve watched Fury-Wilder once. It was definitely high drama on the night itself, and I’m sure it will live on in highlight reels, but let’s be real, the boxing was of an atrocious quality.

I suspect that if fighters without Fury and Wilder’s profile served that up, it wouldn’t be as highly rated, but then again KD heavy fights have mass appeal, so what do I know? Not a lot, I guess..

Comment

Nobody will ever watch Joshua-Usyk again, a one-sided fight, no KDs, just Joshua getting schooled by a guy who didn't even look for the KO, boring!

Fury-Wilder 3 was a fight for the ages, you couldn't take your eye off it for a second.

Everyone gets caught-up in the emotions from the results after a big fight. Not one of these post mentioned all the fouls committed by Tyson and all the WWE/UFC wrestling.

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Respect. Usyk-Joshua doesn’t get anywhere near enough credit.

I know there were a lot of KDs in Fury and Wilder, but the fight was a giant bear hug. The other major HW fight was beautiful. They moved like MWs, which is astounding when you consider how unfit and immobile the rest of the division is.
        P to the J, an astute observation in your assessment : its very rare to see two elite Gold-medalist at heavyweight display 12 rounds of the sweet-science. After your brilliant take, I'm more sure than ever that Joshua-Usyk was better than Fury-Wilder III.
        Last edited by 1hourRun; 01-07-2022, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Yo, I’ve watched it 3 times now. I’ve watched Fury-Wilder once. It was definitely high drama on the night itself, and I’m sure it will live on in highlight reels, but let’s be real, the boxing was of an atrocious quality.

I suspect that if fighters without Fury and Wilder’s profile served that up, it wouldn’t be as highly rated, but then again KD heavy fights have mass appeal, so what do I know? Not a lot, I guess..
          Well it appears the the majority of the boxing world disagrees with you, hence why Fury-Wilder III was rated the FOTY by Ring/Boxingscene etc etc. I've not heard Joshua-Usyk mentioned once tbh.
          icee icee likes this.

Comment

100% right. Fury vs. Wilder 3 was unreal, with Wilder never not trying to get that win, Joshua was the complete opposite of that, completely accepting his points loss. Joshua scored 0 knockdowns, and also, there is a strong case to be made that he did not win a single round. 3 rounds were close, and could have been scored either way, 9 rounds were very wide in Usyk's favour. There was never any doubt, after Round 1, which way the fight was going, Joshua was never in the fight at any stage, if he scored one knockdown, somewhere, which he was never close to doing, that would have made it more interesting.

Usyk looked great, and that's what made the fight a GOOD one, but far from THE LEGENDARY fight Fury and Wilder served up. Usyk pitta-patted his way to a very one-sided points win as Joshua, vary early in the fight gave up, quickly realising he was in one this head and he did not have the balls to go out on his shield. Fury and Wilder served up a war. Nash out.
            icee icee denium denium like this.

Comment

Joshua v Usyk was a very good fight but Fury-Wilder 3 was on the next level. Probably the most exciting heavyweight fight since the turn of the millenium. It was a no-brainer to win this award.
              icee icee likes this.

Comment

Well it appears the the majority of the boxing world disagrees with you, hence why Fury-Wilder III was rated the FOTY by Ring/Boxingscene etc etc. I've not heard Joshua-Usyk mentioned once tbh.
                I’m quite sure they do, and I’m alright with that. I just prefer technical affairs, myself.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a high quality fight with as many knockdowns as Fury-Wilder, but if you put a gun to my head and made me pick between a technical fight with no KDs and a sloppy one with loads, i’d say that I’d take the former all day.

This is why my favourite fights of the last 5 years are Golovkin-Canelo II, but especially Lomachenko-Linares.

Comment

I’m quite sure they do, and I’m alright with that. I just prefer technical affairs, myself.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a high quality fight with as many knockdowns as Fury-Wilder, but if you put a gun to my head and made me pick between a technical fight with no KDs and a sloppy one with loads, i’d say that I’d take the former all day.

This is why my favourite fights of the last 5 years are Golovkin-Canelo II, but especially Lomachenko-Linares.

Yeah fair enough, you like what you like.

Comment

A lot of people didn't want Fury/Wilder 3 to happen and it took so long to take place. Most thought Fury was going to walk through Wilder again because of what he did in the last fight.

Low expectations heighten the action in the fight. It was one of those fights that had you yelling every time there was a knock down. Fury showed how real he is and Wilder showed a lot of determination and that he is dangerous till the end.

Comment

What a fight

Such a dramatic outcome

Big respect for Fury and Wilder
                      icee icee likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X