Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: It Was An Unbelievable Year, Maybe The Best Year Of My Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo: It Was An Unbelievable Year, Maybe The Best Year Of My Life

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez was so thrilled with the past year that he claims to not have a care in the world for what lies ahead--as long as it leads to more history being made.
    [Click Here To Read More]

none of the guys he beat were anything special

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
      They were all world champions you cannot try not be impressed many of have talked it and even Roy Jones never fought for all the best like he has

Comment

I agree, Alvarez needs to demolish the greats of our times like Rolls, Wades, Zserematas, Lemiux the great and let’s not forget that Japanese fishermen who hasn’t fought in two years

If he doesn’t end up fighting that murderers row he should just retire the fraud

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post

They were all world champions you cannot try not be impressed many of have talked it and even Roy Jones never fought for all the best like he has
          He definitely targeted the super middle weight division due to the lack of competition.
          I’d like to see him just stay there for the remainder of his career.
          Take on all mandatory challengers.

sooner or later you run against a real challenge.

none of this pick weak champions in different divisions just for sensationalism

it’s what sugar ray Leonard would do (Donny lalonde etc)

This is because they want to make every fight a PPV fight. So they gotta pull all sorts of gimmicks.

but I’ll Always appreciate fighters like duran, hagler, monzon, Hopkins etc for facing everyone in their division instead of just 3/4 people and then like yep I’m out to face “champions” only which is such an underwhelming thing in today’s world.

they have way to many of those titles to hand out. There’s multiple routes to a title. And clearly skill differences from champion to champion.

If he stays in his division, sooner or later he’s gonna find someone who’s gonna push him like no other.

but the way he quickly rose in weight from middleweight to supper middle then light heavyweight then possibly cruiser weight is seriously a sensationalism thing. Because I don’t think it’ll be “weight” to beat Alvarez. It’ll be skill. And makabu is just another Donny Lalonde or margarito vs pacquiao type of fight. And ppl will eat it up. But whatever.

unless your division is dog sht and the division above is where the real contenders are at (like light heavyweight)

but Alvarez already gone too high. He should’nt go to that division now or be expected too. But when you jump a division to cruiserweight then don’t be upset if fans call for beterbiev
          Last edited by kingstip9; 01-02-2022, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Meanwhile GGG laughing at his fans

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post

He definitely targeted the super middle weight division due to the lack of competition.
              I’d like to see him just stay there for the remainder of his career.
              Take on all mandatory challengers.

sooner or later you run against a real challenge.

none of this pick weak champions in different divisions just for sensationalism

it’s what sugar ray Leonard would do (Donny lalonde etc)

This is because they want to make every fight a PPV fight. So they gotta pull all sorts of gimmicks.

but I’ll Always appreciate fighters like duran, hagler, monzon, Hopkins etc for facing everyone in their division instead of just 3/4 people and then like yep I’m out to face “champions” only which is such an underwhelming thing in today’s world.

they have way to many of those titles to hand out. There’s multiple routes to a title. And clearly skill differences from champion to champion.

If he stays in his division, sooner or later he’s gonna find someone who’s gonna push him like no other.

but the way he quickly rose in weight from middleweight to supper middle then light heavyweight then possibly cruiser weight is seriously a sensationalism thing. Because I don’t think it’ll be “weight” to beat Alvarez. It’ll be skill. And makabu is just another Donny Lalonde or margarito vs pacquiao type of fight. And ppl will eat it up. But whatever.

unless your division is dog sht and the division above is where the real contenders are at (like light heavyweight)

but Alvarez already gone too high. He should’nt go to that division now or be expected too. But when you jump a division to cruiserweight then don’t be upset if fans call for beterbiev
              Look at Canelo’s frame. He’s currently perfect to yo-yo at 168-175. The sport has harsh requirements to be tip top, and guys draining close to 25lbs like Smith, Zurdo or Benavidez at 168 isn’t Canelo’s problem. These types can beat other smaller 168 guys but Canelo is special so he could take on these types. Besides they’re all at 175 now. Looking forward to Canelo adding Benavidez and Zurdo to his resume at 175 since they’re significantly stronger than when they drained for 168. Most fans don’t know boxing. It’s not Canelo’s fault none of these lurch fighters could unify with others at 168. Canelo is a machine! He earned it

Comment

He's right, winning the European Caucasian Tour is pretty impressive

Comment

A fine fighter, pound for pound one of the best. He shouldn't just leave the choices of opponents up to trainer Eddy Reynoso though.

If he does, that means no Benavidez fight ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                    A fine fighter, pound for pound one of the best. He shouldn't just leave the choices of opponents up to trainer Eddy Reynoso though.

If he does, that means no Benavidez fight ever.
                    He's already said he'll never fight another Mexican or Mexican American fighter. And we know his position on American black undefeated fighters.

Canelo is the best European Caucasian fighter on the planet.
                    Wurider Wurider rudy rudy like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X