No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Diamante Critically Injured in Motorcycle Accident

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Yea,he's a genuine fan of the sport. He literally flew out of his seat in excitement when Kamboso dropped Teofimo lol. Great guy and with the spinal injuries mentioned,I doubt he's ever able to announce again....but he survived and that's a win in itself.
    Yeah, everyone is wishing him well right now.

Comment

Yea,he's a genuine fan of the sport. He literally flew out of his seat in excitement when Kamboso dropped Teofimo lol. Great guy and with the spinal injuries mentioned,I doubt he's ever able to announce again....but he survived and that's a win in itself.
      I was about to say as long as his voice isn't affected, he still deserves to make a living doing what he loves, but realistically there's no easy or real feasible way to get someone in a chair in the ring every night. Maybe for special occasions or a tribute but yeah. Makes me sad just thinking about it. I have a deep respect and admiration for him, Buffer and Lennon. And he was the heir apparent to their thrones. Here's hoping it doesn't actually play out like that but just trying to be realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        **** first thing I thought after reading the terrible headline was adding "....accident" to the end of the sentence. Dude seems cool. Hope everything is good.
        I thought this was my kinda funny and maybe he'd even get a kick out of it. Laughter is good for the soul anyway. Either way it's nice to see everyone come together for someone who isn't a main focus of the sport yet still does an important job.
        shenmue shenmue likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

I was about to say as long as his voice isn't affected, he still deserves to make a living doing what he loves, but realistically there's no easy or real feasible way to get someone in a chair in the ring every night. Maybe for special occasions or a tribute but yeah. Makes me sad just thinking about it. I have a deep respect and admiration for him, Buffer and Lennon. And he was the heir apparent to their thrones. Here's hoping it doesn't actually play out like that but just trying to be realistic.
          Yea a lot fans who have meet him have said he's genuinely a great guy. Don't particularly care for the "are you ready....I SAID,ARE YOU READY??" phrase but his enthusiasm,albeit a little over the top, is engaging and gets crowd going. But hey,people have come back from worse so it's possible he can resume the ring announcing part of his life. He owns a coffee shop I believe and I'm sure has invested in other ventures.

On another note,the other ring announcer,don't know his name but he's a short Hispanic dude with one eye half closed lol?? has grown on me a bit.His phrase is "two rings and one diamond will shine the brightest" or something along those lines. They're no MB but those are shoes that"ll never be filled.
          Last edited by Sctrojan; 12-23-2021, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Yea a lot fans who have meet him have said he's genuinely a great guy. Don't particularly care for the "are you ready....I SAID,ARE YOU READY??" phrase but his enthusiasm,albeit a little over the top, is engaging and gets crowd going. But hey,people have come back from worse so it's possible he can resume the ring announcing part of his life. He owns a coffee shop I believe and I'm sure has invested in other ventures.

On another note,the other ring announcer,don't know his name but he's a short Hispanic dude with one eye half closed lol, has grown on me a bit?? His phrase is "two rings and one diamond will shine the brightest" or something along those lines. They're no MB but those are shoes that"ll never be filled.
            I think he has a cigar bar or whatever you call them? Maybe coffee shop too, I forget. And yeah the overhyping ARE YOU READY intro is a bit much but everyone has to find their own voice and who knows what the promoters are pushing him to do also... DAZN really forces the fake drama sometimes. Before crowds were back they kept using that forced dramatic movie trailer music to hype up the fight JUST before it was going to start. That was so much more artificial and laughable than what he does. In fact I was kind of making fun of it during the lead up to the Parker Chisora rematch, pretty sure I actually said something like "chill out diamond dreads this isn't that important or exciting of a fight" then it turned out to be pretty exciting if a one-sided beating.

Comment

Damn sad news, i really enjoy his fighter intros with the name repeated twice, wishing him all the best, genuinely he is my fav in the business currently at what he does.

will be a shame if he can't do this anymore but hopefully he survives this and enjoys the rest of his life.

Comment

I'm sorry to read this bad news. I hope that David is able to make a full recovery. I ride too , it's especially dangerous these days because of so many a-holes who won't put down the damned phone even to do something as dangerous as driving.

Comment

Working...
                X