Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence-Ugas Title Unification in Play; Stanionis Agrees To Step Aside, Will Next Face Butaev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. So they convinced this Stan guy to step aside with the promise of getting the winner. 2023 the fight we want will happen I’m sure!
    Last edited by SplitSecond; 12-19-2021, 10:03 AM.

Comment

PBC protected punks same old s***.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        While haymon deserves some credit for making the better matchup for fans, still isn’t the Spence/Crawford fight we all want.

The winner of this fight needs to fight Crawford next.

As much as I want pbc to do the right thing I have a bad feeling in my gut.we will get Crawford / Thurman and Spence going to 154 next and not get the fight we all want.

Hope I’m wrong.
        Thurman coward ass isn't ever fighting any threat . Spence will fight Terence Duckford at 147 before he moves up

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          If Spence beats Ugas, and moves up to 154 without fighting Crawford for Undisputed, he's finished! If Crawford demands 50/50, and the fight doesn't happen, he's finished!
          There is no way you actually believe that right? If Spence moves up to 154 now and avoids even the Ugas fight, he would still be the same marketable name for Showtime/Fox and they would promote the living Cheetos out of his fights. He would draw ratings as he moves in the new division as they dub him "The most avoided fighter at 147 who had to move up to get a real set of challenges". And it would work. He hasn't done any of the things you say he needs to do yet, but is still on more than a few pound for pound lists. I feel like he would box successfully for another decade even if he did nothing to deserve it. That is the sport right now. There are more hours in need of being filled up on these sports channels and streaming services then there are top level matches.

He fights Ugas. If he wins, he can write his own ticket. That is reality.

Comment

Spence probably needs a tune-up fight but at this point he waited too long.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post

There is no way you actually believe that right? If Spence moves up to 154 now and avoids even the Ugas fight, he would still be the same marketable name for Showtime/Fox and they would promote the living Cheetos out of his fights. He would draw ratings as he moves in the new division as they dub him "The most avoided fighter at 147 who had to move up to get a real set of challenges". And it would work. He hasn't done any of the things you say he needs to do yet, but is still on more than a few pound for pound lists. I feel like he would box successfully for another decade even if he did nothing to deserve it. That is the sport right now. There are more hours in need of being filled up on these sports channels and streaming services then there are top level matches.

He fights Ugas. If he wins, he can write his own ticket. That is reality.
              Yes, if Spence moved up NOW, and did not fight Ugas, he could still be marketable! However, that's not what I said! If he beats Ugas, and then decides to move up, without fighting Crawford for Undisputed, he's done! Stick a fork in him!

Same goes for Crawford! If Spence has the WBC, WBA, and IBF belts, and Crawford demands 50/50, then he's done! At best, Crawford only gets 35% of that pie!

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

The urgas fight just makes the most business sense for PBC/Haymon.

Crawford isn't a pbc fighter so why they gonna give him a fight with either Urgas or Spence?

​​​​​​Haymon might offer him Garcia or Thurman next but he isn't getting a shot at those titles without signing.

So where does No Pay Cut go from here?
                I thought it was Arum blocking these fights doe?

Anyway, if we thought the Soence-Crawfish fight had low odds, the odds will be drastically lower if Spence beats Ugas. PBC are not risking losing all of their belts at 147 for some guy to walk off with.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  While haymon deserves some credit for making the better matchup for fans, still isn’t the Spence/Crawford fight we all want.

The winner of this fight needs to fight Crawford next.

As much as I want pbc to do the right thing I have a bad feeling in my gut.we will get Crawford / Thurman and Spence going to 154 next and not get the fight we all want.

Hope I’m wrong.
                  To keep it 100%, i'm not really interested in any Welterweight Championship fights that does not include Jaron "Boots" Ennis! At this point, I would be more excited to see Spence vs. Boots than Spence vs. Ugas, and Spence vs. Crawford! Funny how Spence hates Thurman for putting him on ice, but he's doing the same to Boots!
                  Last edited by Bronx2245; 12-19-2021, 10:46 AM.
                  dalvecc dalvecc likes this.

Comment

Another WASTE of a fight for Spence.
                    Just give Errol the Dub and move on...

Comment

PBC shields will even fall asleep on this one

this will be more boring then Spence vs Danny Garcia LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X