Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kambosos: Haney, Davis, Lomachenko, Garcia - They're All Going To Get It!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I was critical of the whole Franchise Champion thing. And when he beat Rocky Fielding I did not consider that to be winning a real title in the 168 lb weight class.

I don't go with the general narrative about him. I go by my own observations of his career.
    Fair enough. I had him beating Lara 7-5. Also had him dominating BJS before the stoppage.

I just think there is clearly a pattern of not-quite-face-value wins with him as well. And yes, he is nearly impossible to beat on the cards. That's how it goes for the few superstar fighters. Still a great fighter, but I'm not going to pretend those things aren't true about him either.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

Fair enough. I had him beating Lara 7-5. Also had him dominating BJS before the stoppage.

I just think there is clearly a pattern of not-quite-face-value wins with him as well. And yes, he is nearly impossible to beat on the cards. That's how it goes for the few superstar fighters. Still a great fighter, but I'm not going to pretend those things aren't true about him either.
      Canelo can be beaten on the cards. Just do so clearly like Floyd did.

Don't be involved in a close fight with him then complain if the judges reasonably have it as a draw or close win for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Canelo can be beaten on the cards. Just do so clearly like Floyd did.

Don't be involved in a close fight with him then complain if the judges reasonably have it as a draw or close win for him.
        Lol....imagine saying that, and believing it.

Floyd only got a MD against Canelo, wasn't a clear win.

So the only guy to ever beat him on the cards, was a guy who was the superstar in the sport at that time. Shocking.
        greeneye99 greeneye99 Mrbinuk Mofias like this.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyShaw View Post

Let me guess you do believe Lomas shoulder excuse though???
          If I can inject my thoughts... If you say you're cool to fight, then I'm taking you at your word. If you lose and then give an excuse, which statement am I supposed to believe? The first or the second? Of course fighters have incentive to brush off issues in prepping for a fight, but these days too many seem to have more incentive to make excuses for a loss, as if it helps their stock, and they lack the dignity to just take the L like a man.

Come on, we're grown men here. Excuses are for kids who didn't learn integrity and honor yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_b View Post
            I respect his ambition man, it's not gonna be some cakewalk.
            He clearly doesn't wanna fight Haney.
            Haney has Already Agreed to come to Australia for Undisputed and Big Cash, but he's Still Looking Elsewhere
            Mike_b Mike_b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post

Idk, I'd like GK to be king of the hill when all the smoke clears, but that's a tough road. I think Gk beats Haney and Garcia handily by decision or TKO. Haney is consistently showing a shaky chin and I won't be surprised to see him get KTFO's, against whoever he fights next. Garcia will be tough in the early rounds, but he will lose his focus and get dropped and KO'd IMO. I think GK will struggle with Tank, but if Pitbull can push Tank to the limit, so can GK. The Loma from just a few years ago would be a prohibitive favorite against GK, for sure, but does a 34 yr old version handle him so easily in 6 months, a year or more? He's getting older and GK is at the peak of his prime. GK's got one of the very best engines at LW and a very good chin, so nobody is going to have an easy night taking his titles.

Yeah I agree with Loma getting older and it will be more difficult nowadays for him to use his wizardry against even someone like GK but it would still be a great fight and one I think Loma can still pull off.

If I have to think of a good attribute of GK, it is probably his chin. Perhaps that will help him go further than you would imagine. We'll see. Remains to be seen. The amount of confidence he shows, he could actually surprise a lot of people in that he will not accept to lose. Watch him end up winning all these matches we would expect him to lose. That would be a hell of a run for him.
              NachoMan NachoMan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post

Kambo is becoming an annoying little show off. But nothing in comparison to the Lopezs
                Showing off is fine as long as the fighter is fighting in the biggest fights available to him.

For Kambosos, the biggest fights are Lopez II, Haney, Lomachenko, Garcia. And he is calling all of them out.

That’s all fans want. If he is willing to do that, then he will be good in the eyes of most fans. Of course there will be unreasonable fans who will ask for more and never be satisfied but that’s boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

If I can inject my thoughts... If you say you're cool to fight, then I'm taking you at your word. If you lose and then give an excuse, which statement am I supposed to believe? The first or the second? Of course fighters have incentive to brush off issues in prepping for a fight, but these days too many seem to have more incentive to make excuses for a loss, as if it helps their stock, and they lack the dignity to just take the L like a man.

Come on, we're grown men here. Excuses are for kids who didn't learn integrity and honor yet.
                  Inject your thoughts busted knuckles … good thoughts
                  BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X