No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Eyes Devin Haney vs. George Kambosos Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

Good post. Last sentence killed it. Kudos. I personally don't recognize the WBC or any of the meaningless belt orgs.
    Yeah I have noticed your not a fan of the belts. I am a fan of the belts. But I agree the organizations are what mess it all up. If they could get their act together and get rid of the nonsensical belts and all just have 1 main true world title, where there was no confusion, then perhaps guys like yourself would have faith in them again. But I also see your point of view also that a fight is as good as the fighters in it and not the belts they're fighting for. I just personally like them to be able to win something meaningful and create some legacy.
    BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

The WBA, IBF and WBO have no say in who the WBC recognizes as their top champion. The WBC ratings listed Teofimo Lopez as "Franchise Champion" above Devin Haney, who was listed as "Champion." The WBC is referring to Kambosos as undisputed champion. https://www.instagram.com/p/CWzoYoEMW41/

Haney is the WBC world champion and Tank is the WBA world champion. Kambosos is the WBC franchise world champion and the WBA super world champion. All four organizations recognize Kambosos as their top champion in the division. The media is confused and doesn't realize Franchise World Champions are now listed above world champions in the WBC ratings.
      Whatever pal. I've explained it to you several times now. If your just not getting it then, go ahead and believe what you want. But believe me when I say that history will not record Teo Lopez as the first undisputed lightweight champion in the four belt era. That's still to be determined. That's why so many people want to see Kambosos vs Haney ( or even Kambosos vs Diaz ) to put an end to all this contradictive BS that Suleiman started. He even contradicts his own contradictions. Stay lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
        Whatever pal. I've explained it to you several times now. If your just not getting it then, go ahead and believe what you want. But believe me when I say that history will not record Teo Lopez as the first undisputed lightweight champion in the four belt era. That's still to be determined. That's why so many people want to see Kambosos vs Haney ( or even Kambosos vs Diaz ) to put an end to all this contradictive BS that Suleiman started. He even contradicts his own contradictions. Stay lucky
        It remains to be seen what history will record. The WBC only very recently changed how "Franchise" works. It was originally announced as an honorary award that couldn't be transferred. Since the original announcement, the WBC decided to get rid of the diamond championship and turn the franchise title into the "Franchise world championship," their version of the WBA Super championship.

Most of the media is very uneducated about boxing and isn't aware of the change, hence them mistakenly believing Teofimo wasn't undisputed.

Comment

It remains to be seen what history will record. The WBC only very recently changed how "Franchise" works. It was originally announced as an honorary award that couldn't be transferred. Since the original announcement, the WBC decided to get rid of the diamond championship and turn the franchise title into the "Franchise world championship," their version of the WBA Super championship.

Most of the media is very uneducated about boxing and isn't aware of the change, hence them mistakenly believing Teofimo wasn't undisputed.
          You just shot down your own argument. You said they only very recently changed how franchise works. It's been in the lightweight division for over a year. So Sulieman changed it to suit the WBC's issue's or needs. It didn't suit everybody else's. This make it up as you go along attitude is no good for boxing. Like I said contradicts his contradictions. Thanks for proving my point. Good night sir and stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
            You just shot down your own argument.
            You're incorrect. My argument is that Kambosos is the champion of all four organizations. The WBC has confirmed he is the undisputed champion. My argument isn't that the franchise title has always been the WBC's top title, just that it currently is.

You said they only very recently changed how franchise works. It's been in the lightweight division for over a year. So Sulieman changed it to suit the WBC's issue's or needs.
            Yes, the WBC rules are very flexible and change as time goes on. Franchise was originally a non-transferable honorary award, as was Diamond originally. It was later decided to do away with the diamond title and make Franchise a world championship superior to the regular world championship. I personally expect the Franchise world championship to be phased out now that the WBA is phasing out the Super world championship. The WBC only has two Franchise world champions and hopefully they won't create any more. Especially now that we're moving towards a new era of "unified mandatories."

Comment

You're wrong. The most recent WBC ratings say:

FRANCHISE CHAMPION: TEOFIMO LOPEZ (HONDURAS/US)
              CHAMPION: DEVIN HANEY (US)
              INTERIM CHAMPION: JOSEPH DIAZ (US)

The Franchise world champion is now listed above the world champion in the published WBC ratings and the WBC itself is calling Kambosos the undisputed champion of the world. https://www.instagram.com/p/CWzoYoEMW41/
              Jeez, you'll argue over anything. Even when you're clearly wrong.

I literally posted their most recent ratings in my reply to you. It very clearly has Haney first as champion with his full bio. Kambosos is then listed as Franchise Champion.

I also posted their most recent mandatory situation for every weight. Again they first refer to Haney as Champion followed by Kambosos as a "Franchise Boxer".

How are you going to disagree with facts? We're talking about the WBC's view and I'm posting the WBC's releases.

They say Kambosos is undisputed on Instagram because they're fools. I mean, they could have posted "Kind of Undisputed except for the fact that we screwed up the division by stripping Loma and then gave him a non-transferable belt that we subsequently transferred twice".
              ​​​​​
              But that wouldn't cast them in a great light would it?

Comment

The WBA, IBF and WBO have no say in who the WBC recognizes as their top champion.
                So what order will the mandatories go in? WBC last?

Oh hang on, Franchise doesn't have mandatories. So no need for the other orgs to worry, they just won't consider Kambosos to be a champion.

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                  I literally posted their most recent ratings in my reply to you. It very clearly has Haney first as champion with his full bio. Kambosos is then listed as Franchise Champion.
                  You're wrong. The official WBC ratings have Lopez listed first and Haney second. https://wbcboxing.com/mailing/2021/r...EMBER_2021.pdf

How are you going to disagree with facts? We're talking about the WBC's view and I'm posting the WBC's releases.
                  The WBC says Kambosos is the undisputed champion. They've made that clear publicly. Tank has the WBA regular and Haney has the WBC regular, but Kambosos is undisputed because all four organizations agree he is the champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

So what order will the mandatories go in? WBC last?

Oh hang on, Franchise doesn't have mandatories. So no need for the other orgs to worry, they just won't consider Kambosos to be a champion.

​​​
                    When it is the WBC's turn in the rotation they can choose to order Kambosos vs Haney if they wish, or they can ask to be skipped in the rotation. Either way, Kambosos is recognized by the WBC as the undisputed champion of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

You're wrong. The official WBC ratings have Lopez listed first and Haney second. https://wbcboxing.com/mailing/2021/r...EMBER_2021.pdf

The WBC says Kambosos is the undisputed champion. They've made that clear publicly. Tank has the WBA regular and Haney has the WBC regular, but Kambosos is undisputed because all four organizations agree he is the champion.
                      I posted the latest ratings. Do I really need to do it again?
                      ​​​​​

And the WBC don't get to declare someone Undisputed. They get to declare their champion. Which they have, it's Devin Haney
                      Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X