Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Porter's Father Did The Right Thing, I Was Coming With a Vengeance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford: Porter's Father Did The Right Thing, I Was Coming With a Vengeance

Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas - WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford (38-0, 29 KOs) felt Kenny Porter, father and head trainer of two-time champion Shawn Porter (31-4-1, 17 KOs), did the right thing in stopping the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I never was a Shawn Porter fan. I'm a fan of fighters that have the power to end a fight with either one punch or a slick combination. His techniques were very amateurish. Just wading in wildly, seemingly hoping for the best. For his skill level, he had a very good career. He was managed very well. When u got a Phil LoGreco taking you 10, you know your not elite. LoGreco was the biggest fraud in boxing history. Good riddance to Shawn Porter.

Comment

It took Crawford 10 rounds to actually commit to punching. Put him in with CHARLO. Will he even throw a punch or just copy hop around like Porter giving a boring fight?
      Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 11-21-2021, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by breeto80 View Post
        I never was a Shawn Porter fan. I'm a fan of fighters that have the power to end a fight with either one punch or a slick combination. His techniques were very amateurish. Just wading in wildly, seemingly hoping for the best. For his skill level, he had a very good career. He was managed very well. When u got a Phil LoGreco taking you 10, you know your not elite. LoGreco was the biggest fraud in boxing history. Good riddance to Shawn Porter.
        Tbh, I’d say LoGreco is as good as Formella.

Comment

Porter's dad did the right thing by stopping it when he did, but MAN, was that some sucker sh.. he said on the microphone after the fight. He could have saved that for the locker room. Humilated his grown man son in front of his beautiful ass wife and millions of viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
            Porter's dad did the right thing by stopping it when he did, but MAN, was that some sucker sh.. he said on the microphone after the fight. He could have saved that for the locker room. Humilated his grown man son in front of his beautiful ass wife and millions of viewers.
            Wrong place and wrong time for sure. I guess it was the dad in him. Like he stopped being a coach and started being a father in that very moment, and he wanted to give Shawn punishment, and that was Mr Porter’s form of punishment.

Comment

Kenny Porter stated Crawford is complete fighter and started to take over fight and
              punish his son. Kenny added he stopped fight because Shawn was not in fighting
              shape. Shawn had stopped listening to him as his trainer and self trained. Shawn
              had decided before the fight to retire win, lose or draw. Kenny immediately thru
              Shawn under the bus. I paid $69.99 plus fees and feel scammed. Refund Please.
              lion33lit lion33lit likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
                Yeah, it's not going to be Happy Holidays this year! That was totally unnecessary!

Comment

Shawn deserved better from his father and deserves better from some of the goofball fans on here. Porter always fought the best guys available and never once put out a poor effort. If some of your favorite fighters were more like Porter, boxing would be in a better state as we’d have the best fighting the best instead of what’s going on now.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post

Wrong place and wrong time for sure. I guess it was the dad in him. Like he stopped being a coach and started being a father in that very moment, and he wanted to give Shawn punishment, and that was Mr Porter’s form of punishment.
                    Also, Kenny is a narcissist and he has to make things about him.

Comment

Working...
                    X