Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney vs. Joseph Diaz Officially Announced For December 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pugil1st View Post
    Devin should be applauded. On a site that likes to talk about who's ducking who, here's a kid that wants all the fights. Regardless of what you think of his skills, he'll take any fight. Let's give him credit.
    Except he refuses to fight Loma…….

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post

Except he refuses to fight Loma…….
      Really? He fought to be his mandatory once.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post

Excuses for who?, Diaz is a nice opponent but nothing special, what's sad is that Diaz is Haney's best opponent to date. But I'm sure you have " excuses" for that.....
        He's 22 so that would be a decent excuse. Probably even an understandable one for rational people.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Does Haney get credit here or will Diaz be written off as being too small?

Diaz already beat a legit top 10 lightweight in his last fight so of course Haney gets full credit should he win.

I got Jojo steamrolling him though, AND THE NEW!

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Eddie’s first offer was matching what he was getting paid to fight Garcia, so i don’t think money was the issue
            Jojo turned it down. He knew he could get more and he did. I'm guessing that was the main hold up.

https://www.boxingscene.com/devin-ha...-hearn--161448

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Really? He fought to be his mandatory once.
              He said in his own words that he won’t fight Loma in recent times. I don’t know for sure if he wanted to fight Loma back before the Teofimo - Loma fight, but I assume he would have. The point is that he refuses to fight him now. Therefore my statement is accurate, that Haney is not willing to fight all the top fighters.

Comment

Loma didn't want to fight Haney when he was champ and Haney his mandatory then he lost he suddenly wanted the fight so Haney basically told him to go and **** himself.

What else can you say other than good lad!

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Eddie’s first offer was matching what he was getting paid to fight Garcia, so i don’t think money was the issue
                  Well, October 23rd was not that long ago:

Devin Haney vs. Joseph Diaz On Track For December In Las Vegas, Says Hearn

Matchroom Boxing head Eddie Hearn has intimated that a lightweight scrap between the WBC champion Haney (26-0, 15 KOs) and interim WBC champion Diaz (32-1-1, 15 KOs) could take place on Dec. 4 in Las Vegas on DAZN in a still to be determined venue.

"I'm speaking to their representatives for JoJo Diaz," Hearn told IFL on Friday. "We want to make the fight. We're doing everything that we can. We need to get it done in the next few days. We've made a bigger offer now [than what he was supposed to get fighting Ryan Garcia]. I can't see in a million years how he wouldn't take the fight, but anything could happen."

https://www.boxingscene.com/devin-ha...-hearn--161448

Sounds like a money issue to me?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    Reminded me of this YT guy who calls everyone a 'superstar' like the British call everything 'massive' and 'A-list.' I feel uneasy when Ellerbe calls Gervonta a 'superstar.' Rising star is more like it.

Hey I'm British - we don't really talk like that. Those are the lines given by the Hollywood scriptwriters to characters played by British actors. It's an American perception of how we are - a bit like how all British men 70 years ago spoke with 'plums in their mouths'.

As NSB's biggest fan of Davis you are being admirably restrained. For once - lol. But anyways, if we are going to compare (potential) star-power of Haney and Davis its the difference between a Supernova and a red-dwarf.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                      [/B]

Hey I'm British - we don't really talk like that. Those are the lines given by the Hollywood scriptwriters to characters played by British actors. It's an American perception of how we are - a bit like how all British men 70 years ago spoke with 'plums in their mouths'.

As NSB's biggest fan of Davis you are being admirably restrained. For once - lol. But anyways, if we are going to compare (potential) star-power of Haney and Davis its the difference between a Supernova and a red-dwarf.
                      Thanks for the clarification, man. I always hear the British boxing commentators talk like that. Anyway, legit people who chatted with me in the past, tell me: "You defend Davis respectfully." That's how I've been with him since the get, defend him respectfully.

Comment

Working...
                      X