Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Butaev Demands VADA Testing To Honor Dadashev's Memory, Fight For A Cleaner Sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Butaev Demands VADA Testing To Honor Dadashev's Memory, Fight For A Cleaner Sport

By Keith Idec - LAS VEGAS - Maxim Dadashev's death often reminds Radzhab Butaev that this is an extremely dangerous, unforgiving vocation he has chosen. Honoring his friend and amateur teammate's memory also is part of what drives Butaev to demand the most stringent testing for performance-enhancing drugs before and after all of his fights. If his opponent isn't willing to submit to random testing by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association, Butaev won't sign a contract.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Drug testing literally might lead to more deaths in the ring. Not less. Some Russian fighter claiming to want a clean sport while he literally hails from a country of cheats that aren’t even allowed to compete at the Olympics. It’s cute. The fighters choose their contracts, if he wants to cover testing cost that’s cool. But it in no way makes me think he’s clean, at all. Just performance art in one of the dirtiest sports there ever was.

Comment

Violation of ped testing should result in an immediate lifelong ban from the sport. And if it’s discovered after the fight it should result in some level of aggravated assault charges due to the danger doping presents in a sport where blows to the head, heart, and liver happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Beast View Post
        Drug testing literally might lead to more deaths in the ring. Not less. Some Russian fighter claiming to want a clean sport while he literally hails from a country of cheats that aren’t even allowed to compete at the Olympics. It’s cute. The fighters choose their contracts, if he wants to cover testing cost that’s cool. But it in no way makes me think he’s clean, at all. Just performance art in one of the dirtiest sports there ever was.
        You didn't really explain how drug testing leads to more deaths?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          Violation of ped testing should result in an immediate lifelong ban from the sport. And if it’s discovered after the fight it should result in some level of aggravated assault charges due to the danger doping presents in a sport where blows to the head, heart, and liver happen.
          Word. If that was in place I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be long before we had it clean as a whistle.
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

PEDs are everywhere, and certain big money athletes seem to get by with it. Anyone who has read the full story on Lance Armstrong knows that rich athletes can buy a sharp medical team that can juice them to the max in such a way that a predictable testing regimen cannot detect -- emphasis on predictable. The biggest money guy in the sport has actually gotten caught with PEDs in his system and suffered no repercussions other than being bad-mouthed by his opponent. Like Canelo or not, he got caught by a surprise test that his medical people didn't know was coming. He blamed it on that bad old Mexican meat. Could be true, I guess, maybe, possibly.

Boxing is different from racing a bicycle around France. Your opponent in the ring is doing his best to administer a brain concussion to you. Or in the case of Saunders, a guy who actually got caught on a surprise drug test is trying to break your face. Some may say that, given Saunders' history, he deserved it good and hard. Either way, it's not unreasonable for clean athletes to demand everyone be tested in a way that is scientifically sound and can't be gamed by smart doctors.

The only other alternative is to have a Juiced Boxing Association where we let people take anything they want, and put those guys in the ring with each other and tell them to have at it. If they kill each other, at least they all were fully informed about the risks they'd be taking. As things stand now, clean fighters are taking a big risk when they step in the ring against an opponent who hasn't been subjected to a good testing program.
            _Maxi _Maxi likes this.

Comment

I remember watching the Besputin/Butaev fight and being impressed at Besputin's motor and resilience throughout the duration. Butaev was hitting him with some heavy shots but Besputin withstood the heavy punches and continued with a high workrate.

The irony was, while watching the fight, I thought Besputin's style reminded me Dadashev and he was absorbing some punishment from Butaev. I was afraid I might be watching a repeat tragedy.

Comment

That's a load of ill thought out piff. Are all black people thugs? No! Are all Mexicans lazy? No! Are all white people racists ? No! So how come all Russians are cheats? ... because that is what you are saying if you are saying Russia is a country of cheats.

How will drug testing lead to more deaths in the ring? Vada testing won't catch every PED or every drug cheat but it's better than no testing. Way better! How is it performance art?
                sege64 sege64 likes this.

Comment

So between American fighters, American based fighters, and American based boxing gyms, that in recent years have been busted for PED use, your gonna try to blame the Russians, just because a Russian who is clearly clean and an advocate for a clean sport, gives his highly merited views? Do behave. Everywhere has its issues. At least this guy is trying to speak out positively and passionately about it.
                  richardt richardt likes this.

Comment

VADA standard should be standard all around. VADA dont play,

Comment

Working...
                    X