Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: A No-Brainer To Fight Tyson Fury Next; Not Gonna Put It Off To Fight Otto Wallin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Tyson Fury, but Whyte calling Fury the best heavyweight ever is quite a stretch.

Comment

No doubt Fury is the best of this era and in my opinion the best since Vitali who took the torch from Lennox. I just don’t see anyone beating Fury right now….the harder you challenge him the better he is as he is an intelligent fighter which makes up for his total lack of athleticism

Comment

If the injury is legit then just prove it, let an independent physician examine the shoulder.

Otherwise Shyte looks like an opportunist who made Wallin waste his time and money.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          Why not just say that from jump? And why strong Otto along and make him spend his hard earned contender money when you never intended to fight him any way? Otto just got an expensive lesson in dealing with the Hearn clique
          The whole affair was bush league. Rematch clause, alleged injury at an opportune time, bait and switch to fight carnival tough man Babic instead, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Since Lewis

Fury is a stylistic nightmare for any version of Wlad and beats any version. He just had him completely worked out. Wlad never had enough tools to beat Fury with bis 3 punch arsenal and couldn’t rely on jab and grab. He was lost.

Although I have no problem if people want to say Wlad is greater than him in some mythical list we can never prove, because he had the longevity and stuff, which should be respected. But head-to-head, Fury would beat him seven days a week. That’s no disrespect to Wlad, just an awful style for him.
            I don't know that h2h equates to greatness. I agree, Fury always had Wlad's number and the age bit is more excuse than technical analysis but also Wlad has that reign and Fury does not really have anything but a two name resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy7861992 View Post
              I think people are getting carried away with fury, his wins against klitchko and wilder were very good but he is no where near great, boxing is a young man's game, he is not even on buster Douglas's level as of now, at buster douglus beat a prime unstopple Mike tyson and went on to fight top fighters, even a decade ago people would be slated to fight guys in there 30 s it doesn't count for much both klitchko and wilder best days we're well behind even in the fights they had before fury they looked auful. And both are old enough to be grandfather's, very good wins but no where near great and I feel If he fraught wilder in 2013 wilder stops him, it's clear wilder has aged
              Tyson was unfocused, used drugs and admitted that he barely trained for Douglas. And who are these "top fighters" that Buster fought after KOing Tyson? He blew up like a balloon, got KO'd by Holyfield in 3 rounds 8 months after beating Mike and never fought a top contender again.

Comment

As long as Fury came in just as hungry and motivated, he should beat Whyte up to a stoppage. I just feel like Fury is 1 step away from losing his mind after every fight. If he isn't up for the event or challenge, he might come in with a mediocre performance. Look what happened when he fought Wallin...
                Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy7861992 View Post

OK maybe I got bit carried away I started he is not the best ever and nowhere near, but that's not say he can't be he has the tools he just needs to fight active top 20s for how ever long he has left, a lot of key Ord warriors have been calling him a king the goat but I. Haven't met one person in boxing club say the same and I'm Irish and my club if full of travelers, but he needs to be displine and active, I partly agree with u buddy
                  Carried away indeed....I believe Buster let a lot of us down after the Tyson win.

All we have is today, so...if Fury is the top man at HW, then so be it. We can't lean on what-ifs or future fights that may or may not happen. He hasn't ducked anybody (to my knowledge) so I can see him facing whomever until he decides to call it a career.

As far as I'm concerned, he's the best HW right now because he was able to go through the fire to be crowned champion again. Wilder's right hand was neutralized and Fury took over from there. Taking away a fighter's best weapon takes skill(s) and intangibles in some cases- Fury's shown it thus far.

I'm not saying you said you this, but people are making a big deal of Fury "being dropped" 4 times in his last 3 fights but which Wilder opponent didn't recover to finish and WIN the fight? They're still recovering.

You may not be the biggest Fury fan but who's the top man at HW? Usyk? A lot of this may come down to perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

The whole affair was bush league. Rematch clause, alleged injury at an opportune time, bait and switch to fight carnival tough man Babic instead, etc.
                    Very unfortunate for Otto. Hope he gets a decent fight soon
                    PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Very unfortunate for Otto. Hope he gets a decent fight soon
                      Yup me too. I don't rate him as a world beater.or bogeyman but I do think he can cause problems with his toughness, boxing and southpaw stance.

He's game (one of the reasons I like him), he tried to get Whyte and Ortiz in the ring to no avail. Hopefully he lands the meaningful fight he's clearly trying to get.
                      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X