Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto is already a Hall of Famer, will beating Pacquiao catapult him to ATG top 100 ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
    Out of Bob Arum's mouth. There was an article on it too by Direct TV I think. Too lazy to look for it right now.
    There have been academic journals written about the trend. Ffs I even wrote a paper in college about PPV trends, and more people from the west bought Tyson PPVs than those in the east, and Tyson is from NY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Mike View Post
      Cotto has a better resume than Mayweather Jr.. Although I never thought Mayweather was a All time great so none of them are, but Mayweather's opponnets aren't much better than Cottos. Mosley is actually a greater fighter than any of the one's Mayweather has fought. Especially at 147.
      cotto has a better resume at 140-147 than floyd.

he doesn't have a better resume overall than floyd.

cotto has never fought anyone where he wasn't favored.

i think pac will be the 1st time.

floyd was actually the underdog against corrales.

people forget that at one time chico was ranked higher than floyd at 130 and chico was ranked in the top 5 p4p.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
        i don't really care who the bigger draw is.

i'm just saying who i thought bought the majority of the ppv's.

pacquiao might be a bigger draw than marquez but i ain't gonna argue that mexican-americans don't buy more ppv's that filipinos.

it's simple arithmetic.

there's 28 mil. mexican-americans and only 5 mil. filipino-americans.

i bought that fight to see the West coast fighter whoop on the East coast fighter...and THAT's how i pitched it to my buddies too..

Comment

• Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
          i bought that fight to see the West coast fighter whoop on the East coast fighter...and THAT's how i pitched it to my buddies too..
          as the fight gets closer and closer......the less chance i give cotto to be honest.

unless pac shows an absolute glass chin at 147......i don't see cotto winning.

maybe if cotto wears him down but that'll mean it goes into the mid to late rounds. the longer it goes the worse for cotto imo.

Comment

cotto has a better resume at 140-147 than floyd.

I will admit cotto does have a better resume overall than floyd.

floyd has never fought anyone dangerous enough.

i think marquez will be the 1st time.

marquez is actually the underdog against floyd .

people forget that at one time mosley was ranked higher than floyd at 147 and mosley was ranked in the top 5 p4p.
            o.k. Mr. Pink
            Last edited by Young Mike; 09-10-2009, 11:11 PM.

Comment

as the fight gets closer and closer......the less chance i give cotto to be honest.

unless pac shows an absolute glass chin at 147......i don't see cotto winning.

maybe if cotto wears him down but that'll mean it goes into the mid to late rounds. the longer it goes the worse for cotto imo.

im still not digging the baguio camp idea...that **** just has disaster written all over it

Comment

im still not digging the baguio camp idea...that **** just has disaster written all over it
                ehhh......

as long as pac shows in good shape he's fine.

cotto doesn't offer him anything technically he's not use to.

Comment

ehhh......

as long as pac shows in good shape he's fine.

cotto doesn't offer him anything technically he's not use to.

i guess you have a point...but still...i want another 'statement' fight

Comment

i guess you have a point...but still...i want another 'statement' fight
                    So did I. ,

Comment

• Originally posted by F-22 Raptor View Post
                      are you ****ing crazy dude? damn i just can't understand people that really hate fighters for no reason.

real boxing fans agree that cotto is already a hall of famer.
                      Hall of famer sure....ATG **** no.

He needs to beat Floyd...Pac....Margarito.

Comment

Working...
                      X