Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Rivas Pumped Over WBC Title Win, Evgeny Romanov Mandatory Fight Looms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post

Well, I'm no fan of the Bridgerweight division, but I do tend to think that something had to be done when today's average elite HW is 6'5" and 250+lbs. The WBC have created a wave with the Bridgerweight division because its creation also changed the weight range of the Cruiserweight Division, so now a WBC Cruiserweight isn't necessarily the same weight as a Cruiserweight from other sanctioning bodies. I think the smarter thing would have been to just expand the Cruiserweight division (and maybe LHW too), but, of course, this has to be done scientifically so that fighters from these categories aren't burdened more than fighters competing in other divisions. The whole thing is a mess tbh. If you're going to create a new division between Cruiserweight and Heavyweight, then it certainly should have just been called Super Cruiserweight, but then again, the naming logic got screwed up when Cruiserweight got created in the first place anyway. It just makes no kind of sense to have the Light Heavyweight division three classes below the Heavyweight division.
    I think it's just easier to follow with less divisions , like the original divisions everything is so dilluded in boxing but its still the only sport I follow . I swear I read watch and listen more about politics than actual fights .
    ​​
    Sammy7861992 Sammy7861992 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post

Even if he was robbed by Whyte, why would that make him a champion or a deserved one ?
      Hes now a bridgerweight Champion,my point is that he got screwed over worse than any other fighter in modern era,& it should be Rivas whos interim hw champ not Whyte. (Iow he was screwed over,so I'm happy for him to have become champ, something Whyte will never accomplish)

Comment

Joke.,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by nino brown21 View Post
          Just hope to God the other bodies don't follow .
          Hopefully not but I’m not confident. At least boxrec aren’t recognising the bridgerweight division yet, Rivas’ division is left blank and the fight wasn’t listed as being for a title.

Comment

It’s a bogus division but we may get some decent fights. Rivas & Romanov are fairly evenly matched on paper with Rivas having edge in experience with fights with Jennings & Whyte. I have only seen a few of Romanov’s fights against weaker opposition. I actually look forward to watching this fight if possible. Quebec fights can be hard to get as they are on PPV & don’t always show up on youtube…

Comment

Originally posted by nino brown21 View Post

I think it's just easier to follow with less divisions , like the original divisions everything is so dilluded in boxing but its still the only sport I follow . I swear I read watch and listen more about politics than actual fights .
              ​​
              Ya I think the lower weight divisions are a joke 6 pounds different or a couple of kg u can can go up and down that in the day easy
              nino brown21 nino brown21 likes this.

Comment

ATG GOAT Bridgerweight, Rivas just joined Taylor as the second currently reigning undisputed champion.

Comment

Working...
                X