Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk Rematch Slated For March In UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real talk. Few seem willing to address that Joshua is past his peak. That his peak was 3 years or so ago and now it’s gradual decline. Usyk better and smarter boxer. So whatever Joshua learned about Usyk from his 12 round schooling, Usyk probably learned more. This isn’t Ali losing to novice Spinks. It’s a good heavyweight losing to a master of his craft

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
      AJ will be more decisive with his shots this fight, but mark my words, the hesitancy last time out saved him, because he knows if his right or left stays out there, Usyk will hit him with 3 or 4.

And I’m not interested in what people say about fighters allegedly being cruiser weights or feather fisted; Boxers not renowned for KO power, such as Usyk, Loma and Fury, have enough accuracy and reflexive speed to more than compensate for an ostensible lack of power when they start sitting down on their punches.
      Then they start hurting.

Not only do I think Usyk beats any version of Joshua, I think Usyk will knock him out if AJ fights like you want him to.

No disrespect intended with all that. I’ll discuss it with you on fight night, for sure
      Usyk doesn’t throw combos unless he sees that his opponent is vulnerable. And he has to be in range for him to do any damage. Usyk lacks decisive power.

If you watch the fight again - AJ actually made him look better than he’s by deciding to box despite lacking awareness. Perhaps it’s because he respected the guy more than he should and he kept punching like he didn’t want to hurt the guy.

Usyk was predictable every time he got in range - he stepped to the outside of AJ’s front foot and came in with his left. Just stepping out of range every time Usyk stepped outside his front foot to get in range would’ve negated Usyk’s left hand that did most of the damage.

All AJ has to in the rematch is to start fast and impose his will. Follow through with his punches and stop pulling. Take mid rounds off to catch a second wind, so he can finish strong. Stop head hunting - hit the guy anywhere in the upper body he can hit him with bad intentions. And let off at least 2 body shots per rd (Usyk doesn’t like getting it in the body). These are things he mostly does in other fights tbh.

He’ll get a stoppage via nasty injury to Usyk’s face in the rematch. Usyk’s skin is terrible and it can’t hold against power shots if AJ follows through.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
        Shouldve been held in Ukraine, or the US. Loser getting the privilege of an automatic rematch AND his choice of location for it.
        It goes wherever it makes most money, like the vast majority of fights do.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

It goes wherever it makes most money, like the vast majority of fights do.
          I get that, I just think its unfair. Tbf that fight could probably do good money in the US as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kzbox View Post

Nobody knows if Fury faked covid i have no idea why ppl claim that like he didn’t bully and beat the **** out of Wilder in the second fight, if it was a remotely close fight maybe it would have some substance but it was a one sided beat down not sure why Fury would be scared or fake for more time.

See, i wanted Fury to beat Wlad and I absolutely wanted him to annahilate beyonce. However, I have to call it how I see it. I believe Fury was on nandrolone and benefitting from it's effects when he beat Wlad. He cried wolf, whined about how he was being set up, then played the villain by dissing ***s and gays, he did this in order to create a cover story for his coming ukad nandrolone ban. The narrative would be 'they just set me up, because i spoke the truth'.
            The problem was in one interivew he said himself that 'i have naturally high hgh levels and that was why i failed the test, it wasnt cuz i took drugs'.
            then later he said it was uncastrated boar meat. that contradiction made him guilty in my eyes. Both Tyson and Hughie failed it together.

I also understand that upregulating testosterone in the body a desensitises androgen receptors. That's because the body can't have too much test in the system, it would lead to heart attacks for one. the receptors, just like insulin, dopamine, serotonin receptors, try to balance our system. As it happens when androgen receptors are damaged through use of steds, it means the body cant really process that test effectively, It converts test to estrogen as an example.
            so sted users later wind up with estrogenic effects.
            in this case, hughie got acne and prob did get estrogenic effects judging by his physique, guy has very poor muscle mass in the shoulders/chest/upper back area which is one of the easiest places to build muscle for a normal person, that is because those areas have a lot of androgen receptors.
            Was tyson suffering from estrogenic effects when he got fat (which obv also means gyno), depressed, whiney etc?

he served a backdated 2 yr ban in the end, but it took ages for his body to recover. That's why he was out so long. had nothing to do with 'god spoke to me when i was trying to drive my ferrari off a hill' (because God wouldnt give a single fk about a fat gypsy in a ferrari).

Also, in an interview with MJP, i recall he spoke about ***. He said 'when you have *** you regenerate testosterone'. Ironically later AJ also repeated this argument to suggest that he has his fun. It does increase test, but ejaculation desenticises androgen receptors for 3 weeks. The point here is, the health of androgen receptors is the biggest factor in increasing 'test' ie it means your body uses it correctly and doesnt convert a lot of it to estrogen, dht (hairloss, forgot to mention tyson also lost his hair when he was on nandrolone).
            Now since his comeback, he likely hasnt taken steroids. He would have to figure a way to naturally increase testosterone.
            the correct way would be diet, exercise, reducing stress and NOT ejaculating at all for a 12 week training camp. maybe tyson wanted to manipulate his system in a way that would produce a maximum effect going into the fight but suffer the consequences later?

In that second wilder fight, fury was a beast. However the flipside then is, the comedown. He was out of the ring for how long, 18 months? he looked like crap and even in the fight he was carrying more blubber around the waist, and not as much muscle mass as before. Whilst he still beat Wilder, i think better boxers would have beat fury.

i just dont think fury can deal with back to back, consistent, high entropy training camps/big fights. i think aj was doing things the correct way, fighting twice a year (until covid) against tough opponents and it caught up with him. people talk about him beating 40 yr olds but forget how good those guys were. Eg pulev beat chisora and hughie fury with ease and had only ever lost to wladmir klitschko. Hughie, chisora and andy ruiz were almost level vs parker, i would argue that parker is better than all of them. I would legit have pulev in that luis ortiz category of fighters. povetkin, we've seen what he can do too, dangerous fighter. He also landed his trademark punch on aj, wobbled him. guys like wlad, parker, ruiz, they're all high enough level for thosr to be 'high entropy fights'.
            i dont think fury fighting the likes of annette schwarz, sandra romain and puma swede constitute high entropy fights. he even backed out of the fight against agit kabayel most likely because he wasnt ready. That's my take on it.
            I don't think fury is a freak athlete, i just think he gets to pick and choose when and who he fights.

Time will tell what happens with Fury. I don't think he will stick around for too long because he knows he'd get found out eventually. i really cant see fury actually going on a run as a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

With his foot on the gas Joshua took some rounds in the middle of the first fight and it was impressive and it looked like he had turned the tide. Unfortunately, that attack wasn't sustainable and I don't think Joshua can improve on his fitness from the first fight.

I do think Joshua can win it but he's not going to do it expending extra energy he hasn't got. Joshua needs to land more jabs and pick his spots to be aggressive., he needs to be more efficient. The good news is that I don't think Usyk can improve much on his performance. The first fight was close, basically even after 8 but Joshua couldn't win another point on any judges card 9 through 12.
              Due to his engine, he has to start fast and impose his will. Then take mid rounds off - holding and hugging until he gets his 2nd wind. And finish strong.

If he had hit Usyk with more follow through in the first fight - he would most likely have got a stoppage. And if he had finished strong - they would’ve given him the decision or called it a draw.

Comment

We've already seen the result from the first fight , Joshua fell well short all around and is only getting this fight through a ridiculous rematch clause and not on merit. The result had young Edward praising Usyk as something super sonic and Joshua running around for help. There is no need for a rematch as Joshua was beaten by the much smaller guy hands down. This is only a 'huge fight' for Edward as he knows another emphatic loss and he's only got 'iced Whyte' as a final hope ......and not a rematch clause in sight.

Usyk by stoppage .

Comment

What Joshua and most of his fans don't seem to understand is that the more you push Usyk, the more his sense of urgency wakes up so i think Joshua just has no chance no matter what he does. Usyk is going to want to make him pay even if Joshua starts faster this time around. Usyk's mentality is just on another level he doesn't have any fear at all in the ring unlike Joshua who whenever he's in trouble it's very hard for him to recover and he starts doubting himself alot.
                  shenmue shenmue likes this.

Comment

I think AJ wins the rematch

Comment

to many on here hanging out of the coward ajs behind and ed sperms whatever adjustments gutless coward aj makes usyk will make better ones and probably knock gutless one out shouldnt fight in uk again as fast eddie sperm can get the scorecards rigged up should be champs choice there was only a rematch clause not location clause.............
                      Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X