Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk Rematch Slated For March In UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    you don’t know what energy I had for wilder and fury. Stop making assumptions. Fury should’ve been able to dictate what he wanted and just like wilder had no reason to hold up a unification based in his badly he lost, Joshua doesn’t have a reason either. He’s a mental midget who got babied by a much smaller fighter. Don’t give me some lame excuse about a stylistic error. He’s just not good enough and doesn’t have the heart to overcome adversity.
    What lame about the excuse. Usyk is a better boxer and has a better IQ yet he tried to outbox him even though he is bigger, stronger taller and hits harder than him. He didnt utilise his advantages.
    wilder is a knockout machine and basically gets out boxed every time he stepped in the ring. If he chose to try and box with an opponent without even letting off his right hand we will question why doesn't he fight to his strengths. Joshua has an opportunity to make a wrong, right so you are going to have to get your head round that and stop whining

Comment

unfair either way. Only difference is that Fury has made a conscious effort to want to fight in the US.
      AJ tried and was humiliated i have no qualms saying that.
      Fury on the other hand is a traveller and that's what travellers do they travel

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post

What lame about the excuse. Usyk is a better boxer and has a better IQ yet he tried to outbox him even though he is bigger, stronger taller and hits harder than him. He didnt utilise his advantages.
        wilder is a knockout machine and basically gets out boxed every time he stepped in the ring. If he chose to try and box with an opponent without even letting off his right hand we will question why doesn't he fight to his strengths. Joshua has an opportunity to make a wrong, right so you are going to have to get your head round that and stop whining
        do you think Aj just now realized what his advantages are over Usyk? He knew what they were and what they weren’t, but he chose not to execute them and you want to know why? Because in order to implement your size and strength over someone, you have to have a rugged mentality to go in there and make it a fight and Aj doesn’t have the demeanor nor the chin for that.

shenmue shenmue likes this.

Comment

do you think Aj just now realized what his advantages are over Usyk? He knew what they were and what they weren’t, but he chose not to execute them and you want to know why? Because in order to implement your size and strength over someone, you have to have a rugged mentality to go in there and make it a fight and Aj doesn’t have the demeanor nor the chin for that.
          So he has never done that? or the last 2 fights you have not seen that in him? personally i think he overestimated his boxing ability and underestimated Usyk. He didn't prepare for an aggressive Usyk. You will see a different Joshua for sure. Furthermore I'm just speculating, Whatever i say will not alter your opinion and likewise so we will re join this conversation in March

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

Usyk doesn’t throw combos unless he sees that his opponent is vulnerable. And he has to be in range for him to do any damage. Usyk lacks decisive power.

If you watch the fight again - AJ actually made him look better than he’s by deciding to box despite lacking awareness. Perhaps it’s because he respected the guy more than he should and he kept punching like he didn’t want to hurt the guy.

Usyk was predictable every time he got in range - he stepped to the outside of AJ’s front foot and came in with his left. Just stepping out of range every time Usyk stepped outside his front foot to get in range would’ve negated Usyk’s left hand that did most of the damage.

All AJ has to in the rematch is to start fast and impose his will. Follow through with his punches and stop pulling. Take mid rounds off to catch a second wind, so he can finish strong. Stop head hunting - hit the guy anywhere in the upper body he can hit him with bad intentions. And let off at least 2 body shots per rd (Usyk doesn’t like getting it in the body). These are things he mostly does in other fights tbh.

He’ll get a stoppage via nasty injury to Usyk’s face in the rematch. Usyk’s skin is terrible and it can’t hold against power shots if AJ follows through.

Fair points. Yeah, I spotted that he got predictable, and kept shifting to his left. But if Joshua had actually figured that, I’d have banked on Usyk to solve that problem, like he solved the issue of Joshua unloading anywhere in the mid rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

He doesn’t need that much adjustments. He just needs to sort himself out mentally and stop overthinking things and go in there with bad intentions.

He caught Usyk flush and wobbled him a few times in the first fight - he just pulled back from those punches and jabbed them rather than hit Usyk with bad intentions. And these were instances where nothing was coming back because they were counters. If he had hit Usyk with bad intentions - he won’t be where he’s today.
              Why would he pull back from what your saying a flush shot to land a jab.
              That ish right their dont make sense.
              was he scared to get countered from the counter that's why he wanted his guard back in place.
              IF SO.
              AJ is done.
              He dont want to take anymore punches.
              Andy Ruiz ruined what was left of AJs dog in him.
              Wilder will knockout Aj and Fury would aswell.
              I will be surprised if Olly doesn't TKO or corner throw in the towel in the sequel..
              Hes done like a dogs dinner.

Comment

AJ will come with aggression, but that will only hasten his downfall.

I see him gassing hard and then getting brutally knocked out by Usyk. It is his destiny.

Comment

salty? The salty ones are the Aj fans who watched their hero get battered and then crawl up in the fetal position In his corner with a pathetic look of excruciating pain on his face at the end of the fight like a b***h. I just think it’s a waste to give him a rematch and try to stack the deck in his favor.
                  If anyone deserves at least neutral territory say in the US or his own place of birth In the Ukraine its Usyk.
                  Hes come to everyone else's home Territory and cleaned them out.
                  What does he get..
                  Just more cards stacked against him.
                  If Usyk loses it needs to get decided in Ryssia or Ukraine.

Comment

Whthe can face fury at same time also then

Comment

This fight is quite interesting to me. Joshua will surely fight a different game plan but Usyk will surely be expecting that. History has shown that rematches can play out differently regardless of the results.

Comment

Working...
                      X