Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo-Plant, Wilder, Pacquiao, Fury, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

that is a EXCELLENT P4P list

and the reason why, is because bread used the correct criteria... eyeball test, and
    [B]who would win if everyone was the same size

absolute garbage, and Breadman is a twat.

True eyeball test shows FACTTUAL evidence for what has been displayed in THE RING. not a visual study of statistics or names on paper. That's the true eyeball test.

Canelo Alvarez is WALKING bigger guys down, parrying shots and slipping simultaneously for the FANS. No fighter is doing this! Unless we want to pretend that standing squared up in consistent chess matches like Crawford is the better eye test?!

Canelo just posted a sparring clip playing on the ropes with Ellis, his go to sparring partner. They are trying different things. Guess what, Canelo was doing that rope a dope mess with GGG. It means HE CAN DO IT. Did we see Canelo have fun to bait Smith towards the ropes? Nobody is operating at Canelo's level. Even Crawford vs Brook was just two ******* waiting to trade. Imagine if Canelo was just standing squared up waiting for counters all the time like Crawford. It would look boring knowing what Canelo is capable of doing...

I don't understand how knowledgeable boxing fans can't see what's happening in the ring. If Canelo and Bud were the ''same size'' then Bud would get Knocked out. Bud isn't as smart as Canelo with counters and some guys hit harder. P4P is an assortment of dynamics not just the eye test. We made the thread before, Crawford hasn't faced dangerous power punchers like from Canelo's resume. You have to include that in the dynamics of P4P. ''If they were the same size'' is ridiculous without opponent context. Canelo's proven to be TRULY battle tested.

this is why Breadman and others leave disclaimers for ''Just my opinion'' knowing that it could simply revolve around bias and subjectivity. THat's a cop out from the truth
    Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 10-24-2021, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

True eyeball test shows FACTTUAL evidence for what has been displayed in THE RING. not a visual study of statistics or names on paper. That's the true eyeball test.

Canelo Alvarez is WALKING bigger guys down, parrying shots and slipping simultaneously for the FANS. No fighter is doing this! Unless we want to pretend that standing squared up in consistent chess matches like Crawford is the better eye test?!

Canelo just posted a sparring clip playing on the ropes with Ellis, his go to sparring partner. They are trying different things. Guess what, Canelo was doing that rope a dope mess with GGG. It means HE CAN DO IT. Did we see Canelo have fun to bait Smith towards the ropes? Nobody is operating at Canelo's level. Even Crawford vs Brook was just two ******* waiting to trade. Imagine if Canelo was just standing squared up waiting for counters all the time like Crawford. It would look boring knowing what Canelo is capable of doing...

I don't understand how knowledgeable boxing fans can't see what's happening in the ring. If Canelo and Bud were the ''same size'' then Bud would get Knocked out. Bud isn't as smart as Canelo with counters and some guys hit harder. P4P is an assortment of dynamics not just the eye test. We made the thread before, Crawford hasn't faced dangerous power punchers like from Canelo's resume. You have to include that in the dynamics of P4P. ''If they were the same size'' is ridiculous without opponent context. Canelo's proven to be TRULY battle tested.

this is why Breadman and others leave disclaimers for ''Just my opinion'' knowing that it could simply revolve around bias and subjectivity. THat's a cop out from the truth

tumblr_inline_n75krwRWEZ1qjsg0u.gif

o... k... then...

he is just as sharp and just as punishing on the counter, go watch the Brook fight

Crawford is at least as skilled as Canelo, probably more, and just as abrasive... and the point you are missing is, Crawford has a tighter game... which means... 1) he does not need to rely on his chin as much... 2) he is more dangerous and more difficult to dominate, because there are less holes in his technique

Canelo's ringIQ is phenomenal, which evens that up... as does his granite chin

like I said, I have no problem with anyone ranking Canelo above Crawford... they are VERY close

resume doesn't mean shlt when it comes to P4P... and anyone who thinks it does, has no idea what P4P means

Q. Pac has the best active resume, so why isn't he ranked P4P?... Q. Golovkin has a shlt resume, so why was he ranked P4P?

A. because P4P has nothing to do with resume

want more proof...?

Loma's MUCH better resume, did not help him with Teo... Garcia's MUCH better resume, did not help him last weekend with Martin

you come to a different conclusion, because you use the wrong criteria

I have been educating casuals on P4P every month for YEARS... whenever Cliff Rold updates his P4P list, we have the same discussion

Rold and bread have BOTH stated that their main criteria is eye-test, and 'Ceteris Paribus' (if all things were equal) - (who would win if everyone was the same size)

the biggest consideration when considering P4P... is style

style/skills/form

resume is a consideration, but it is a much lesser consideration... because, like I said... P4P fighters lose to unranked opponents all the time, it is common as shlt...
      Loma's MUCH better resume, did not help him with Teo... Garcia's MUCH better resume, did not help him last weekend with Martin

you guys NEVER learn

billeau2 likes this.

Comment

like I said... I have been schooling the casuals on P4P... FOR YEARS...

December 20th 2017

pretty good post

seriously, I hate these fkn threads

just addressing some earlier comments first.....

P4P is horribly over-rated, plenty of P4P fighters lost to guys who were not ranked P4P

you do not become P4P by beating a P4P fighter, that logic is horribly flawed..... there are many reasons why that loss may have occurred, most of them will not be P4P qualification criteria

P4P is mostly due to style, which is why skilled boxers have an advantage..... their style counters (or helps them adjust to) most other styles, except for maybe a pressure fighter..... which is most likely what Fury meant by calling BJS P4P, even though he was wrong

it comes down to dominance/style

NOBODY ranked Maidana P4P because of his showing against Mayweather..... Maidana got schooled by Alexander, and would have lost to a number of smaller opponents..... the success that Maidana enjoyed is primarily due to the fact that Floyd saw him as a look-good cherry-pick and fought him flat-footed..... Maidana was supposed to be Floyd's " Gatti " at 147

I agree with the earlier poster who pointed out that Golovkin had 0 credible wins when he was first ranked in the top 5..... but (here we go again) P4P has little/nothing to do with resume..... it comes down to ceteris paribus, who would win if all things were equal, and that mostly comes down to style/form..... the eye-test is absolutely valid justification for the totally hypothetical discussion that is P4P..... resume, is an ATG discussion

top P4P fighters often (should) have the resume to back it up, adding that proven factor..... but I had Lomachenko ranked P4P nearly 2 years ago

it comes down to divisional dominance/style..... as-in, he HAS butchered his division, and because I understand boxing I can see that his style enables him to perform to that level against bigger opponents (think Mayweather)..... which is why Crawford with that dominance and deadly style, comes to the fore

I agree with Golovkin's pedigree, and I agree that he should be ranked P4P..... but nowhere near the top, and I have stated why for the last 2 years

Golovkin has avoided mover/spoilers, and the reason why is plainly obvious..... would Golovkin have been ranked so high, so early, if matched against Jacobs/Canelo earlier in his career???..... because movement/skills made him look ordinary in spots, and he came very close to losing to a smaller guy..... looking ordinary and nearly losing to a smaller guy, are NOT P4P criteria

you guys need to focus on what P4P really means, because it has become nothing but a popularity contest

I will repeat this post - as I do EVERY month - when boxingscene release their latest P4P rankings lol
        https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...=768047&page=4

Comment

whereas you post pure garbage, everywhere LMAO

how did that... " trajectory "... nonsense work out for ya ?

One word, Delta.

Comment

I don't know if why everyone has Inou so high? Dude looked TERRIBLE against old man Donaire. Who Frampton even beat...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              I don't know if why everyone has Inou so high? Dude looked TERRIBLE against old man Donaire. Who Frampton even beat...
              The eyeball test.

Inoue looks good crushing cans.

Canelo and Usyk look good against elite opposition. That's why they are #1and #2 on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

The eyeball test.

Inoue looks good crushing cans.

Canelo and Usyk look good against elite opposition. That's why they are #1and #2 on my list.
                Yup. Everyone looks good beating on cans. I think Crawford beats Porter pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

No... Looney Tune happens in this case to be absolutely correct. Often in such a list there are minor differences that may make one person and another similar... And people like you rush in with your total biases acting indignent lol. A case could be made for either Crawford, or Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    One word, Delta.

one word... trajectory

the US economy is plummeting...

US credibility with it's allies and the rest of the world is plummeting...

US energy independence is plummeting...

stock on US shelves is plummeting...

Biden's popularity is plummeting...

is that what you meant by... "trajectory"...?

or, is this what you meant...???

illegal immigrant numbers are soaring...

inflation is soaring...

crime/murder rates are soaring...

... is... that... what... you... meant... when... you... blurted... out... all... of... that... trajectory... nonsense... ???

Comment

one word... trajectory

the US economy is plummeting...

US credibility with it's allies and the rest of the world is plummeting...

US energy independence is plummeting...

stock on US shelves is plummeting...

Biden's popularity is plummeting...

is that what you meant by... "trajectory"...?

or, is this what you meant...???

illegal immigrant numbers are soaring...

inflation is soaring...

crime/murder rates are soaring...

... is... that... what... you... meant... when... you... blurted... out... all... of... that... trajectory... nonsense... ???

Supply backlog.
                      Rising energy prices worldwide.
                      Covid/Delta disruption.

Comment

Working...
                      X