Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Trainer Says Equilibrium Was Never The Same After Third Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umm - isnt a fighter’s equilibrium being “off” the reason they go down. Just another weak lame pathetic excuse! Stay tuned - more to follow eventually.

Comment

I don't get the problem.... After a fight coaches and fighters speak on the fight and answer questions about what went wrong or right.

They bring up failed gameplans, camp injuries, etc.

How is this any different than every post boxing fight?

Comment

Reading the article, neither Scott nor Wilder are making an excuse. All they are saying is that Fury landed a good shot to the ear and his equilibrium was affected. Anyone watching the fight could see that occurred in both the 2nd and 3rd fights.

Realize that there had been alot of excuses after the 2nd fight but I haven't seen that in the comments from Wilder's camp after the most recent bout.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
          Wilder looked better in 1st fight and stayed on his feet ONLY bc Fury chose to out box him from distance. It was obviously all over for Wilder once Fury chose to come foward and crowd Wilder in the 2nd and 3rd fights …lean on him and rough him up. Wilder has no inside game and can’t uncork that right hand without distance…Fury wrote the book for every other top big HW to beat Wilder.
          I agree but let's also be clear on one thing....Wilder used his jab in the first fight....at 30% while Fury landed at 25%, so I'll say Wilder did himself a favor in those regards.

So, Fury did box from a distance but I'd say Wilder's jab also had something to do with it. My thing is, I'm not sure Fury wanted to stay on the outside like that because that's where Wilder's right hand is most effective.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post

I agree but let's also be clear on one thing....Wilder used his jab in the first fight....at 30% while Fury landed at 25%, so I'll say Wilder did himself a favor in those regards.

So, Fury did box from a distance but I'd say Wilder's jab also had something to do with it. My thing is, I'm not sure Fury wanted to stay on the outside like that because that's where Wilder's right hand is most effective.
            couldnt disagree more - take the 2 knockdowns away and Fury easily wins by decision in the 1st despite Wildes jab and movement. Fury even stated before the 2nd he was taking it out of the judges hands, coming foward and knocking Wilder out. Jab or no jab - Wilder cant stop Fury from getting on the inside, and Wilder absolutely cannot fight on the inside or off his backfoot.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
              couldnt disagree more - take the 2 knockdowns away and Fury easily wins by decision in the 1st despite Wildes jab and movement. Fury even stated before the 2nd he was taking it out of the judges hands, coming foward and knocking Wilder out. Jab or no jab - Wilder cant stop Fury from getting on the inside, and Wilder absolutely cannot fight on the inside or off his backfoot.
              The jab kept Wilder on his feet in fight 1...that was my overall point; His jab was non-existent in the 2rd and 3rd fights.

Comment

Originally posted by siRyan View Post
                Overall Tyson Fury is a better fighter than Wilder, it's just simple. Clearly shown in their three fights. We hope that they accept that.
                One started at 25 and the other has probably been sparring since 6 years old at least

That's a vast gap in experience I'd really hope the more experienced was the better fighter

Not such a great achievement when you look at it like this
                champion4ever likes this.

Comment

I made the exact same observation. Wilder's legs were gone from that point on in the fight and he never seemed to fully recover. It's not an excuse especially when Scott's crediting it to a legal punch that caused his equilibrium to go. Yeah, Wilder made a load of excuses last time but people have become overly sensitive about anything that comes out of that camp.

"OMG he's saying that a punch caused Wilder's equilibrium to go, I'm sick of these excuses!" - It's not an excuse but a realistic observation of the fight and his opinion on one of the things that went wrong.

If a fighter who's just been KO'd is asked what went wrong and they acknowledge that they got caught with a good shot and never recovered, that's not an excuse.

Comment

TBH Wilder deserves what criticism he gets. When Ortiz gave him hard fight first time round - it was because Wilder had flu. Then first Fury fight, Fury got a long count and used doctored gloves. In their 2nd fight Wilder not only had flu but his costume was too heavy and Fury cheated

I mean, imagine if Amir Khan was saying these things....

eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post

The jab kept Wilder on his feet in fight 1...that was my overall point; His jab was non-existent in the 2rd and 3rd fights.
                      get ur point..but if Fury had decided to be aggressive and come foward at Wilder in the 1st fight like he did in the last 2 fights - the outcome would have been the same jab or no jab - Ko. Dont see how u would disagree with that.
                      Last edited by IRONCHINHAGLER; 10-21-2021, 01:00 PM.
                      eco1 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X