Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis: I'm Coming For All The Belts, I'm Ready To Take Over 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

I think the plan is to have Ennis fight the winner of Stanionis/Ugas. Just speculation on my part but it fits.
    No, the winner of that fight will be fighting the winner of James butaev. So ennis isn’t fighting for the wba belt until late next year at best. He is better off angling to be spences mandatory. Like I said Spence will move up before he gets in the ring with ennis.
    champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Watch Ennis get frozen out just like GGG had been at 160. He'll be avoided by almost everyone.
      champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
        Hard statement from someone with 1 solid win.
        Well, when you are the most avoided man in the division then it doesn't leave you much of a choice now does it?
        mgame mgame Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Good - then start by hiring a new management cause there is no way Stanionis should be getting a title fight ahead of you!!
          Last edited by richardt; 10-20-2021, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Ennis is the best prospect in boxing.

But after Lipinets I expected a step up. Not a Dulorme-level opponent.
            mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

Well, when you are the most avoided man in the division then it doesn't leave you much of a choice now does it?
              Let's stop with the most avoided man in the division. He's like 23 or 24 years old. Let it play out before saying that. Thus far, there has been no reason for the top guys to fight him. But once he gets a title? That all changes.

Comment

Originally posted by jockpunk View Post
                Just keep fighting solid guys and he will work himself into a mandatory. Guys are going to move to avoid him though.

Spence will go to 154 and Ennis will win that vacant title. Then we will be back to the champions avoiding each other.
                This is what I don’t understand about boxing and today’s boxers. If you’re trying to talk your way to an elite fight, why not just contact the belt holders organization and find the fast way to become the mandatory. Knock off the bums there and then put pressure on the champion. It could easily be done within a year. It’s the Demetrius Andrade dilemma. Why doesn’t he let the organizations work for him? Look at what Usyk did. Forced his way to a title shot with Joshua, then upset the apple cart and is now probably a hall of famer.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Let's stop with the most avoided man in the division. He's like 23 or 24 years old. Let it play out before saying that. Thus far, there has been no reason for the top guys to fight him. But once he gets a title? That all changes.
                  How well has that worked out for Demetrius Andrade?
                  mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Let's see if Ennis pulls out of a few fights in the coming years, then we can compare the two.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

He's also made dumb decisions in his career...But don't people say he is getting ducked now? Plenty say it, no? All I'm saying is until Boots gets a title, the top names don't have a reason to face him. He's not a big name himself and doesn't generate a lot of revenue so those top fighters aren't going to get amazing paydays facing him or anything. Once he gets a title though? They need to see him or it is a duck flat out.

Comment

Working...
                      X