Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton: One Box For Tyson Fury To Tick - All-British Showdown With Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter, Shields, Reynoso: Who Might Anthony Joshua’s New Trainer Be?

Three ace trainers, each possessing a different style and approach but each having both a great track record and a no-nonsense attitude and work ethic: Virgil Hunter, Ronnie Shields, Eddy Reynoso. It’s been confirmed now how former two-time heavyweight champ Anthony Joshua IS looking to make a switch in trainers, from long-time coach Rob McCracken to – well, maybe one of the above.

Joshua has been working a little with Shields, while AJ has also spent some time with Reynoso and Hunter. Which of these three excellent trainers will Joshua pick to work with, if he in fact picks any of the three? Plenty of people feel Joshua lost to Usyk in large part because he ‘fought the wrong fight’ on September 25; that the natural heavyweight did not use his advantages in size, weight, and power. In the return fight, which is expected to take place some time around March or April of next year, Joshua has to make it a more physical affair, in which he jumps right on the smaller man and bullies him and hits him frequently and hurts him plenty.

But can Joshua do it, and which of the three mastermind trainers he has been in touch with is best suited to help him do it? All three trainers have worked with the best of the best, and all three trainers have no shortage in big-fight experience. But is Joshua, a ‘ruined’ fighter, as Tim Bradley recently stated? Bradley says the shock stoppage loss Joshua suffered against Andy Ruiz back in June of 2019, ‘ruined him,’ that Joshua is too content with losing. If this is so, maybe not even Hunter, Shields or Reynoso can help AJ. If his mental confidence has gone, even the finest trainers will not be able to get him back on top.

Joshua has some big decisions to make and soon. Joshua’s very career will be on the line in the Usyk rematch. Lose again, and it could be the end. Who out of Reynoso, Shields and Hunter has the best chance to make sure this doesn’t happen?

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...iner-be/190488

Comment

Originally posted by Kzbox View Post

You just called Fury a bum? Lmao you lost all credibility right there even if you don’t like him to deny his display vs Klitschko and Wilder is just irrational hating, I’ve also noticed you changed your avatar pinning all your hopes on Crawford now i can see exactly why you would spout some bs and it has to do with bias.
      Tyson Fury broke a all-time record for least punches thrown in a championship fight in that 'superb' display vs. Wladimir Klitschko. Phooey, also broke a modern record for most fouls in a trilogy vs. Deontay Wilder. Take a look at how Oleksander Usyk handled Anthony Joshua, that there is real boxing ; in spite being outsized, he did not resort to fouls to beat the bigger man -- whereas the Gypsy-coward, is a giant and needs to apply MMA tactics in a boxing match to get the win.

I fail to see what my fandom of a truly skilled boxer in Terence Crawford has anything to do with my views regarding Tyson Fury. I am constantly changing my avatar and signatures in support of other fighters that I appreciate, what is wrong with that?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Tyson Fury broke a all-time record for least punches thrown in a championship fight in that 'superb' display vs. Wladimir Klitschko. Phooey, also broke a modern record for most fouls in a trilogy vs. Deontay Wilder. Take a look at how Oleksander Usyk handled Anthony Joshua, that there is real boxing ; in spite being outsized, he did not resort to fouls to beat the bigger man -- whereas the Gypsy-coward, is a giant and needs to apply MMA tactics in a boxing match to get the win.

I fail to see what my fandom of a truly skilled boxer in Terence Crawford has anything to do with my views regarding Tyson Fury. I am constantly changing my avatar and signatures in support of other fighters that I appreciate, what is wrong with that?
        He didn’t have to throw that many he schooled Klitschko period who was bewildered, to do that to such a veteran of the sport is impressive however you look at it, how many punches did Klitschko land on Fury? While AJ nearly got put to sleep. Stfu man there was no foul tactics in the 3rd fight the referee made sure of that after the 3rd headlock he was told to not do it again which he didn’t. You are just pathetic mate looking for bs reasons and conspiracies instead of just accepting the truth Fury is not a bum and you know that. Nah just when Wilder loses you no longer represent because he dare lose to a white man i seen you even start taking shots at Wilder now too. I think you are just a racist boxing fan too who is salty a white man is at the top of the pile.

Comment

Originally posted by Kzbox View Post

He didn’t have to throw that many he schooled Klitschko period who was bewildered, to do that to such a veteran of the sport is impressive however you look at it, how many punches did Klitschko land on Fury? While AJ nearly got put to sleep. Stfu man there was no foul tactics in the 3rd fight the referee made sure of that after the 3rd headlock he was told to not do it again which he didn’t. You are just pathetic mate looking for bs reasons and conspiracies instead of just accepting the truth Fury is not a bum and you know that. Nah just when Wilder loses you no longer represent because he dare lose to a white man i seen you even start taking shots at Wilder now too. I think you are just a racist boxing fan too who is salty a white man is at the top of the pile.
          Tyson's win against a 39 year-old active HOF, was a razor thin uneventful stinker. What is so special about beating Wladimir when Ross Purity and a handful of others had beat Klitschko over a decade before Tyson, when Wlad was in his prime?

I posted ample video evidence of Tyson blatantly fouling Deontay Wilder not only in the trilogy but throughout the series. You must be a casual to this board, I have consistently documented all his dirty-tactics for YEARS, and shared the results with the boxingscene. I will not post the gifs here and derail the thread since I have proven my point throughout the week.

As far as your insulting racial-allegations, my support of Tim Tszyu and Oleksander Usyk refutes your baseless claims. You should apologize. Below I submit pieces that I made of 'white' boxers, for myself and other members. You should shut your mouth and get a clue.

Comment

Tyson's win against a 39 year-old active HOF, was a razor thin uneventful stinker. What is so special about beating Wladimir when Ross Purity and a handful of others had beat Klitschko over a decade before Tyson, when Wlad was in his prime?

I posted ample video evidence of Tyson blatantly fouling Deontay Wilder not only in the trilogy but throughout the series. You must be a casual to this board, I have consistently documented all his dirty-tactics for YEARS, and shared the results with the boxingscene. I will not post the gifs here and derail the thread since I have proven my point throughout the week.

As far as your insulting racial-allegations, my support of Tim Tszyu and Oleksander Usyk refutes your baseless claims. You should apologize. Below I submit pieces that I made of 'white' boxers, for myself and other members. You should shut your mouth and get a clue.

He did it after Klitschko dominating the division for 10 years you just using that as bias like well he lost so he must be on the decline which is untrue because as stated he was still dominating, razor thin? Lmao yeah okay you’re straight deluded. Nah I’ve been around for years before even making an account and read your **** it’s all a tirade of so called “evidence” wrapped together as proof but on further analysis is actually bs. I bet you were one of those on the “loaded gloves/removed padding” train but now you have no more excuses to make. Well you hate Fury that’s for sure whatever reason that is it clouds your judgement.

Comment

A man can and *should retire from boxing when he wants to. It's a brutal sport that is very hard on the body. If Fury wants to walk away now, my hat's off to him. He's accomplished more than most.

However, boxing fans can and *should demand more than what Fury has give us from boxers who want to be remembered as all time greats.
              Although Fury is a massive man who would have made things difficult for any boxer in history, a win against W. Klitschko, and two and a half (2-0-1) against Wilder in a four belt era arguable don't even qualify him as the best of this current generation, let alone one of the best of all time.

Tyson Fury is the Heavyweight champion of the world. Regardless of the belts, he's the man who beat the man who beat the man. He holds the Ring Magazine belt. He's *the champ. And that's no small accomplishment.

He also has an extraordinary story (Beating the truly all time great Klitschko as a decided underdog. Following that up with crushing depression and weight gain that saw him contemplate suicide. And then he came back to nearly defeat Wilder (rising from the canvas in the 12th) in their first contest, and then decisively beat him in the rematch. Really, how that movie isn't *already in development, I don't know. I mean if "King Richard" is going to be hitting theaters soon, then certainly "Fury" (no relation to the Brad Pitt WWII tank movie) should be in the works.

But he just hasn't done enough in the ring to warrant all time great status. If he wants that, I think he has to beat the winner of Usyk v Joshua 2.
              After that, he needs at least three more defenses against solid contenders if he wants to be an all time great.
              The real problem Fury has is this: I'm just not sure this generation has produced enough solid contenders for him.

All that a fighter can do is be the best of his generation. Fury is likely one fight away from proving that. Defeat the Usyk v Joshua 2 winner, and that's secure.
              But to be considered an all time great, you need a little help. There has to be enough depth in your generation to make that conversation make sense.
              I'm just not sure that this generation's provided that.

There's no shame in that for Fury. Those sorts of things are out of his control. He's done what *he could, and that's beat everyone they put in front of him. So, like I said, if he decides to fight the Usyk v Joshua 2 winner, and then sail off into the sunset, my hat's off to him.

Comment

At this point, AJ should really take it and cash out. I can't see him winning the match at all but at least he can retire on a huge sum of money.

Or setup a heavyweight losers matchup between AJ and Wilder. Get the match we always wanted when it is at its most meaningless, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by gottesdienst View Post
                  A man can and *should retire from boxing when he wants to. It's a brutal sport that is very hard on the body. If Fury wants to walk away now, my hat's off to him. He's accomplished more than most.

However, boxing fans can and *should demand more than what Fury has give us from boxers who want to be remembered as all time greats.
                  Although Fury is a massive man who would have made things difficult for any boxer in history, a win against W. Klitschko, and two and a half (2-0-1) against Wilder in a four belt era arguable don't even qualify him as the best of this current generation, let alone one of the best of all time.

Tyson Fury is the Heavyweight champion of the world. Regardless of the belts, he's the man who beat the man who beat the man. He holds the Ring Magazine belt. He's *the champ. And that's no small accomplishment.

He also has an extraordinary story (Beating the truly all time great Klitschko as a decided underdog. Following that up with crushing depression and weight gain that saw him contemplate suicide. And then he came back to nearly defeat Wilder (rising from the canvas in the 12th) in their first contest, and then decisively beat him in the rematch. Really, how that movie isn't *already in development, I don't know. I mean if "King Richard" is going to be hitting theaters soon, then certainly "Fury" (no relation to the Brad Pitt WWII tank movie) should be in the works.

But he just hasn't done enough in the ring to warrant all time great status. If he wants that, I think he has to beat the winner of Usyk v Joshua 2.
                  After that, he needs at least three more defenses against solid contenders if he wants to be an all time great.
                  The real problem Fury has is this: I'm just not sure this generation has produced enough solid contenders for him.

All that a fighter can do is be the best of his generation. Fury is likely one fight away from proving that. Defeat the Usyk v Joshua 2 winner, and that's secure.
                  But to be considered an all time great, you need a little help. There has to be enough depth in your generation to make that conversation make sense.
                  I'm just not sure that this generation's provided that.

There's no shame in that for Fury. Those sorts of things are out of his control. He's done what *he could, and that's beat everyone they put in front of him. So, like I said, if he decides to fight the Usyk v Joshua 2 winner, and then sail off into the sunset, my hat's off to him.
                  I agree with a few of your well made points, particularly those about Fury needing to do more to be recognised as an all time.

But why, as part of that extraordinary story you mention, did you miss out the bit about the failed steroid test? Let's not forget his mental health episodes coincidentally occurring about the time that was made public, and his recovery happening after ukad agreed to a backdated ban?

Comment

I guess some of you have never understood my stance against Fury, as such I have been labeled a hater. Tyson is a proven cheat by British authorities, his own people -- not American's. He is a dirty fighter on top of abusing drugs to make it to the elite level and also to maintain his undefeated record -- that is also fake. How can a objective moral fan give this bum any credit, when his whole campaign as 'champion' has been driven by deception and dishonest practices.

There is more to it than 'winning', are your wins valid? Did you cheat and break the rules of the sport to obtain victory? Did you earn your spot the honest way? Does that matter to fans anymore? Apparently not, because in spite the mountain of evidence that validates everything that I have spoken, a alarming portion of this board only is concern with what is on the record.

Well, some of us still have standards and will continue to tell it like it really is/was. To answer your question, NO I will never give Tyson any credit because he did not earn that respect from me, F that Gyspy-Fraud, FOR LIFE.
                    ———
                    Thats ok to take that stand but be brave about it instead of inventing boogie men like Wilder and Whyte who just pulled out of his fight due to injury.

Comment

Hatton is furys mate so is basically telling fury he wants to see that fight.
                      But fury will want that win after Josh saying he won sparring sessions with fury. Plus ruiz and usy k have a win over josh, I doubt fury wants to miss out

Comment

Working...
                      X