Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a one-trick like Wilder ever become a HW champ again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a one-trick like Wilder ever become a HW champ again?

Wilder is an anomaly and he only became a champ due to Al Haymon and Shelly Finkel (Vitali and Wlad’s former manager). And Sulaiman prolonged his reign with brown envelopes under the table.

I’m trying to think of HW prospects similar to Wilder but I can’t find any. Dubois has a very good jab and throws left hooks - something never had. Perhaps Okolie if he were to move up but Okolie has gotten better under Shane and he doesn’t rely solely on his power anymore.

Those are the two I can think of and they’re already more skilled than Wilder.

Efe ajagbe and he just lost too
    Gypshot Gypshot likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinglife8 View Post
      Efe ajagbe and he just lost too

That guy is the only guy who has been KD by a boxer on spaghetti legs. He’s a bum.

Comment

How many Wilder threads is this today from you?

Obsessed…

HENNY HENNY Boxing-1013 Boxing-1013 like this.

Comment

It will happen again because there's money in it.

He was very carefully managed to the title. Rate him or not (I don't) but his one trick was pretty good. They just had to match him very carefully. Even his best win was built up specifically for him.

It will happen again, and it will be an American fighter. The US needs a relevant heavyweight. And if we're honest, the rest of us do too.

Comment

But its the greatest trick in all of sports! And now we know what a warriors heart he has, and a never die attitude, opponents will have to literally nail him to the canvas otherwise he will just keep coming back and back and if he lands just one on them it’s OVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
              It will happen again because there's money in it.

He was very carefully managed to the title. Rate him or not (I don't) but his one trick was pretty good. They just had to match him very carefully. Even his best win was built up specifically for him.

It will happen again, and it will be an American fighter. The US needs a relevant heavyweight. And if we're honest, the rest of us do too.
              The US doesn’t really have any prospects it can match carefully to the top like Wilder with the amount of big and skilled prospects coming through the ranks. The big Slavs like Jalolov and the big Russian would dominate the division once all the guys over 30 retire. And these guys aren’t just big - they punch hard and are very skilled.

A guy like Jalolov who’s huge with power and a skilled southpaw would most likely dominate the division in the next 5 yrs. And no Wilder-type American would go near him unless he wants to get brutally knocked out.

Jared Anderson is half-decent but I don’t see him winning anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
                But its the greatest trick in all of sports! And now we know what a warriors heart he has, and a never die attitude, opponents will have to literally nail him to the canvas otherwise he will just keep coming back and back and if he lands just one on them it’s OVER!
                It can’t be the greatest trick when it went missing against its first decent opponent.

More like the greatest scam in all of sports due to fighting bums. Bum Squaddddd!!!!
                RoadOfTheGypsy RoadOfTheGypsy likes this.

Comment

Wilder gassed quite easily if you pressure him

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
                    He did land more than just one on Fury, in all of the fights and it was not over.

Comment

Working...
                    X