Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People In The UK Like Anthony Joshua so much more than Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
    The comments on this thread are laughable.

Fury isn’t the only gypsy boxer the U.K. has produced - there are tons of them. But it’s funny that Fury is the only one that gets the gypsy excuse.

BJS is also a gypo - I guess people don’t like him because he’s gypsy and not because he’s a very boring/negative boxer with a big mouth like Fury.
    who are these other fighters?

and have a read of this maybe

https://www.sportscasting.com/boxing...r-thought-bum/

Heres a quote for the non readers

"While Fury’s resume is nothing to scoff at, that hasn’t stopped people from doing just that. In fact, according to ESPN, after beating the odds and beating up Klitschko, Fury said, “I am the champion yet I am thought of as a bum.” Fury, who’s an Irish Traveller, often faced racial discrimination in the U.K. He simply said, “I am not accepted in this country.”
    Last edited by Smash; 10-13-2021, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Easy to figure it out isn't it?

One is a more "conservative" politically incorrect loud mouth with a style that doesn't excite the vast majority of people and has a history of being caught in lies.
      The other one is a family friendly fighter who you can bring your family to see without any outrageous language or behavior with a boxing style that excites people.

This is kind of changing now though, as we see AJ scared to engage and Fury turning into a kronk style boxer.
      Odd to see it all happen. I still firmly believe AJ should go back to his ferocious boxing style and stop all this talk about outboxing Usyk and playing chess. You aren't Mayweather AJ. Do it for the fans, if you want to keep them.

Mind you, I am a fan of both guys, as the avatar spells out, Fury is my guy, I hope he doesn't go off the rails again after this win and continues boxing and aims for undisputed. May the best man win. I hope AJ wins the rematch as Usyk vs Fury would be a free undisputed fight for Fury, he is just way too big, and especially too tall, for Usyk.

EDIT: I would have not posted my message if I had noticed what BangEM said. He already spells it out well going through the history.
      Last edited by RoadOfTheGypsy; 10-13-2021, 06:22 PM.
      MikeyMike100 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadOfTheGypsy View Post
        Easy to figure it out isn't it?

This is kind of changing now though, as we see AJ scared to engage and Fury turning into a kronk style boxer.
        so will fury sell out wembley in 10 seconds now?

if u read the article in my above post u will see fury himself said he had to move from the uk with the abuse he got

"Romany Gypsies and Irish Travellers are legally protected from discrimination in the U.K. Regardless, that hasn’t been Fury’s experience as a Traveller who’s lived in the U.K. for most of his life. As a result of the continued historic racial discrimination he’s faced, he decided to move abroad."
        Last edited by Smash; 10-13-2021, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
          who are these other fighters?

and have a read of this maybe

https://www.sportscasting.com/boxing...r-thought-bum/
          The active ones;

Billy Joe Saunders
          Hosea Burton
          Isaac Lowe
          Hughie Fury

I guess Hughie Fury also isn’t a draw due to being gypsy and not because he’s a boring/negative boxer…the same boring/negative boxer Fury was for 90% of his career.

Most scousers have Irish ancestry and I won’t be surprised if some of them are travellers. Fury is the only one that cries about being a gypo - the rest seldom talk about apart from BJS when he’s around Fury. So I’m sure tons of retired British boxers are travellers.

Comment

No of course not. I meant the fighting styles have changed.

AJ is still the cash king of the heavyweight division, I believe his rematch with Usyk will sell out fast as well.

Comment

It's largely to do with patriotism. He represented his country; The host country of Great Britain at the of 2012 Summer Olympic games and won a Gold medal in the Super Heavyweight division for the sport of boxing.

Comment

And John McDermott who beat Fury but was robbed is also a gypo.

I guess he was cheated because he’s a gypsy by the Tyson Fury, the only gypo in the village.

Comment

if u read the article in my above post u will see fury himself said he had to move from the uk with the abuse he got

"Romany Gypsies and Irish Travellers are legally protected from discrimination in the U.K. Regardless, that hasn’t been Fury’s experience as a Traveller who’s lived in the U.K. for most of his life. As a result of the continued historic racial discrimination he’s faced, he decided to move abroad."
                  I believe Fury is just whining for no reason whatsoever. He is a very rich athlete and is in a position of wealth and privilege. He probably lives in a gated community.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

The active ones;

Billy Joe Saunders
                    Hosea Burton
                    Isaac Lowe
                    Hughie Fury

I guess Hughie Fury also isn’t a draw due to being gypsy and not because he’s a boring/negative boxer…the same boring/negative boxer Fury was for 90% of his career.

Most scousers have Irish ancestry and I won’t be surprised if some of them are travellers. Fury is the only one that cries about being a gypo - the rest seldom talk about apart from BJS when he’s around Fury. So I’m sure tons of retired British boxers are travellers.
                    fury said he had to leave the uk at one point because of the abuse he was getting lol

straight from the horses mouth

Comment

Originally posted by RoadOfTheGypsy View Post

I believe Fury is just whining for no reason whatsoever. He is a very rich athlete and is in a position of wealth and privilege. He probably lives in a gated community.
                      no reason whatsoever lol, yeah ok tell that to all the gypsies, dont whine, its all in your imagination, nice one there

did fury not make his money outside the uk? going to germany, going to the states etc, id say he did
                      Last edited by Smash; 10-13-2021, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X