Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dana White on Fury-Wilder 3: It Was An Incredible Fight, Boxing Needed That

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dana White on Fury-Wilder 3: It Was An Incredible Fight, Boxing Needed That

UFC President Dana White is a well known critic of the sport of boxing, but even White was highly entertained by last Saturday's heavyweight shootout between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder.
    [Click Here To Read More]

RIP Zuffa boxing

Comment

While I think white is a scumbag he is right. There is a shortage of truly entertaining and memorable fights these days due to the different promotions and networks, fighters avoiding each other, fighters fighting not to lose rather than fighting to win etc etc.
      revelated likes this.

Comment

A good fight is a good fight whatever the sport, and that was a very good fight. Much better undercard than the usual fare too.
        revelated likes this.

Comment

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

First of all Dana White is a buffoon.

With Tyson's UFC tactics last Saturday, the MMA fanbase felt right at home watching the Gypsy-Bum : headlock, clinch, grab and strike, forearm, hammer-fist, clawing, and choke Deontay Wilder.

I thought I was watching a replay of Don Frye vs. Yoshihiro Takayama in PRIDE 21. This was not boxing, I personally would not vote for Wilder-Fury III as the 2021 FOTY on the basis that it was more like a unsanctioned tough-man contest, the way Tyson broke all the rules. Okesandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua deserves that honor ; that was a honest contest in which both combatants abided by the Unified Rules of Boxing, with the sweet-science being performed at the highest level.

Tyson Fury's vicious assault and robbery of Deontay 'Bronze-Bomber' Wilder, is not a proper representation of our sport, sadly sound reasoning is trumped by the emotional impact of this awful spectacle.
          TMLT87 likes this.

Comment

While it was an alright fight and wilder was going for it , all i saw was wilder getting beat up and being very sloppy

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              fighters fighting not to lose rather than fighting to win etc etc.
              Like Frank Sanchez.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

First of all Dana White is a buffoon.

With Tyson's UFC tactics last Saturday, the MMA fanbase felt right at home watching the Gypsy-Bum : headlock, clinch, grab and strike, forearm, hammer-fist, clawing, and choke Deontay Wilder.

I thought I was watching a replay of Don Frye vs. Yoshihiro Takayama in PRIDE 21. This was not boxing, I personally would not vote for Wilder-Fury III as the 2021 FOTY on the basis that it was more like a unsanctioned tough-man contest, the way Tyson broke all the rules. Okesandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua deserves that honor ; that was a honest contest in which both combatants abided by the Unified Rules of Boxing, with the sweet-science being performed at the highest level.

Tyson Fury's vicious assault and robbery of Deontay 'Bronze-Bomber' Wilder, is not a proper representation of our sport, sadly sound reasoning is trumped by the emotional impact of this awful spectacle.
                You're talking ****e as usual, but ah **** it, +1 for the unwavering dedication to the schtick, and the Takayama/Frye reference, didnt expect that from you.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Like Frank Sanchez.
                  Bingo, well said

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

You're talking ****e as usual, but ah **** it, +1 for the unwavering dedication to the schtick, and the Takayama/Frye reference, didnt expect that from you.

Gypsy-Bum Tyson Fury vs. Anderson Silva in a exhibition, who do you go? I got the 'Spider', hes ready for Tyson's MMA, will punch behind the head and does P.E.D's too.

Comment

Working...
                    X