Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford: Yeah, I Was Chasing Spence, But He Really Didn't Want The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

Again, would you take it after being a unified champ, an undisputed champ, and an undefeated belt holder? Why was there NEVER anything sent over from Spence if he was so adamant of that pay?
    Because Crawford said he’s not considering a fight unless it is 50-50

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

Because Crawford said he’s not considering a fight unless it is 50-50
      Theres starting points (50/50) and theres ending points (70/30). 70% is a duck, period.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

Theres starting points (50/50) and theres ending points (70/30). 70% is a duck, period.
        Really? Explain these then? Its been that way since the inception of PPV

Leonard 11 mil Hearns 5.1
        Mayweather 223.5 mil Pac-Man 122 mil
        Mayweather 65 mil Canelo 9.7 mil
        Delahoya 42 mil Mayweather 20 mil
        Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Who is the PBC saving Errols "Cherry" for???

Wouldn't be surprised if they Feed Spence to Canelo after he pots Plant. (To keep Alvarez on PBCPPV)

Comment

i guarantee you IF the fight is even negotiatied, Bud will get more than 30%.

Comment

Why use examples of some of the most known names in boxing history and around the world across all sports? Crawford-Spence is the biggest fight in boxing for me as a boxing fan, but it is hardly the biggest fight in boxing money wise. Lets use examples of Spences last few fights.

Spence v M. Garcia 50-50 (Mikey's last fight was against 135lb champ and he had no belt at 147)
              Spence v Porter 50-50 (Shawn WBC champ)
              Spence v D. Garcia 60-40 (Danny had no belt)

Comment

Originally posted by DeryckAtlanta View Post

Why use examples of some of the most known names in boxing history and around the world across all sports? Crawford-Spence is the biggest fight in boxing for me as a boxing fan, but it is hardly the biggest fight in boxing money wise. Lets use examples of Spences last few fights.

Spence v M. Garcia 50-50 (Mikey's last fight was against 135lb champ and he had no belt at 147)
                Spence v Porter 50-50 (Shawn WBC champ)
                Spence v D. Garcia 60-40 (Danny had no belt)
                It truly escapes me how people in general cannot and will not understand basic and simple economics. Truly, it’s such a simple concept. Read below

“In totality, Spence Jr. has done three PPV events. The first came in March of 2019 against Mikey Garcia which totaled over 360,000 buys. The second came six months later, this time against Shawn Porter. Their event reportedly brought in more than 300,000 buys on the night. Most recently, Spence Jr. returned to the PPV platform just a few weeks ago and generated over 250,000 buys for his one-sided victory against Danny Garcia.

Crawford on the other hand, produced 50,000-60,000 buys for his 2016 unanimous decision win over Viktor Postol. He also raked in roughly 150,000 buys for his sixth-round knockout win over Amir Khan in 2019.

“I’m the big dog of the welterweight division,” said Spence Jr. to Chris Mannix during a recent interview. “He (Terence Crawford) got to take a backseat and take that 60/40 or 70/30 or whatever we give him.”

Spence Jr.’s comments, of course, drew the ire of Crawford as he revealed that he was no longer interested in facing Spence Jr. if he would be forced to take what Spence Jr. described as a “backseat,” during negotiations.”

Crawford has this super inflated ego of himself that he is greater than he actually is. His PPvs have been total flops. He refuses to take what the market bears yet Spence is willing to provide him at least 30%. I truly do like Bud and have followed him for years but also know he’s in absolutely no power position to negotiate anything. Bud is unable to draw flies to s h I t
                Last edited by Boxingfanatic75; 10-13-2021, 11:45 PM.
                Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

It truly escapes me how people in general cannot and will not understand basic and simple economics. Truly, it’s such a simple concept. Read below

“In totality, Spence Jr. has done three PPV events. The first came in March of 2019 against Mikey Garcia which totaled over 360,000 buys. The second came six months later, this time against Shawn Porter. Their event reportedly brought in more than 300,000 buys on the night. Most recently, Spence Jr. returned to the PPV platform just a few weeks ago and generated over 250,000 buys for his one-sided victory against Danny Garcia.

Crawford on the other hand, produced 50,000-60,000 buys for his 2016 unanimous decision win over Viktor Postol. He also raked in roughly 150,000 buys for his sixth-round knockout win over Amir Khan in 2019.

“I’m the big dog of the welterweight division,” said Spence Jr. to Chris Mannix during a recent interview. “He (Terence Crawford) got to take a backseat and take that 60/40 or 70/30 or whatever we give him.”

Spence Jr.’s comments, of course, drew the ire of Crawford as he revealed that he was no longer interested in facing Spence Jr. if he would be forced to take what Spence Jr. described as a “backseat,” during negotiations.”

Crawford has this super inflated ego of himself that he is greater than he actually is. His PPvs have been total flops. He refuses to take what the market bears yet Spence is willing to provide him at least 30%. I truly do like Bud and have followed him for years but also know he’s in absolutely no power position to negotiate anything. Bud is unable to draw flies to s h I t
                  I think we look at that evidence differently, so I am going to let it be. If Spence gives Ugas more than 30% can we agree that he was not serious about the Crawford fight?

Comment

Originally posted by DeryckAtlanta View Post

I think we look at that evidence differently, so I am going to let it be. If Spence gives Ugas more than 30% can we agree that he was not serious about the Crawford fight?
                    I’d agree if I could find any information on what you just posted. Nowhere can you find what the purse split was on Spence vs Ugas. Hell you cannot even find how much he made against pacquiou and that fight was months ago.

Comment

I’d agree if I could find any information on what you just posted. Nowhere can you find what the purse split was on Spence vs Ugas. Hell you cannot even find how much he made against pacquiou and that fight was months ago.
                      I didn't post information, I was saying if. This is under the assumption that Spence vs Ugas is next. Better yet, if Spence gives any Welterweight not named Crawford more than 30%.

Comment

Working...
                      X