Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Edgar Berlanga Gets Dropped, Tested Tough, Wins Decision Over Coceres

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
    Lol this comment section is nuts. Dude is still 24yrs old and fought a highly ranked veteran of 30+ fights. Were ya expecting every fight to finish by KO? Dude showed resiliency by continuing to come back after being rocked multiple times in the fight. He'll be okay. Future still bright
    Exactly, lol. They have no sense of perspective.
    Ricardi and Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
      You can barely complete a proper sentence so I would say you talk like your 4 years old. I'm not wrong everything I said about each guy was true you discredited Coceres from the start and said he was a bum brought in as an easy fight yet he's the one who busted up and dropped Edgar. I expected Berlanga to win by KO based on the fact he has power and Coceres has been knocked out before but I also said I didn't think highly of Berlanga and that he was chinny.
      give u props - u were more on it than i was. And was gonna give u props from the beginning until u started all the name calling from ur initial post tonight. Peace and blessings.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Problem is, Coceres should not have been that much of a test.
        When have we ever known Argentinian contenders or champions to be anything less than tough as nails

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
          give u props - u were more on it than i was. And was gonna give u props from the beginning until u started all the name calling from ur initial post tonight. Peace and blessings.
          Ok I can respect that I only said what I said because you had some things to say about me as well but at the end of the day it's all opinions.
          IRONCHINHAGLER likes this.

Comment

I really enjoyed when he got knocked down and he was trying to bang his gloves together while he was flat on his back. I think his gloves touched 1 out of 4 times. That was the most entertained I was the whole fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

When have we ever known Argentinian contenders or champions to be anything less than tough as nails
              What we do know is that Coceres got blown out by Billy Juice Saunders just prior.

Comment

Berlanga had a taste of his own medicine and had to swallow his pride for not convincingly winning the fight. Much to learn. Be humble. It looks like Coceres knew that he would not win the decision even if he put Berlanga to the canvass. Score cards should have been closer.

Comment

I was high on him but since stepping up a little I see some terrible flaws that concerns me and I don't think they will get better

His Reflexes defensively are BAD...I'm talking JuanMa Lopez BAD! So yeah good luck to the kid I'm still rooting for him but yeah...no he gets destroyed once he steps

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    Modern boxing fans are a strange strange bunch. Have you lot watched boxing prior to the Mayweather years? He’s supposed to fight people he can’t swat out in one round, he’s supposed to face tough Argentines with strong chins and come to fight, on the way to the title he’s supposed to have tough fights, he’s supposed to see his weaknesses so he can work on them in the gym? Is he the second coming of Gene Tunney? No….but he won, against a ranked contender….grow up people
                    The hate for Berlanga is real lol Plants Resume isn't all that better then Berlanga's at this point and you don't see people calling all his opponents bums. Marcelo Coceres beats all of Plants opponents except maybe Uzcategui.

Berlanga deff has alooottttt to work on but he's got talent and is fun to watch. Enjoy him for what he is , Just like Wilder might not have skills but the power plus heart can take you a long way. At the very least be apart of some great fights

Comment

Berlanga is a aggressive true hype job with no chin. Lublin put him down sparring with headgear and last night he was on the floor by a featherfist C level fighter. Somebody better teach him some defense as he goes forward with his career or it's going to be short.

Comment

Working...
                      X