Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shannon Courtenay Misses Weight, Loses WBA Title At Scale; Fight With Jamie Mitchell To Proceed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buggy bear View Post
    I’ve said it before I’ll say it again she is a dumpy little girl who really is basically a novice and with her build it’s difficult to find a natiral
    wright class where she is competitive, she is British / euro standard at best end why Hearn bothers with a fighter with no real talent , charisma and personality is beyond me . Totally unprofessional and no experience behind her whatsoever by what I’ve seen ,
    Who are the world level female fighters at her weight you speak of if she's "British/Euro level"?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Calm down, Shannon Courtenay.

Next time try to be a little more professional and make the weight, ok sweetie? That's a good girl, run along now.
      Making yourself look a prat as per usual with a nothing answer to his point?

What's new. Idiots are going to idiot. Aren't they sweetie?
      BodiesInFlight likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I was looking at her opponent's record and she hasn't fought a single opponent with a winning record. She has two draws with opponents with even records. Not sure if she's the one who will be delivering Courtenay her second loss.

It's a shame, Mailys Gangloff really deserves a chance. The French fighter deserved the win against Ebanie Bridges in her last fight and would give Courtenay a proper test. Of course, maybe that's the reason Matchroom wouldn't want Gangloff back in the ring.
        Bridges broke her hand, but she did edge it.

The French girl has just fought. Do you think she would come back a week later to confirm whether Eddie wants her back or not? Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by MANNY67 View Post
          Understood,but Shannon has not shown anything either and her opponent looks in shape so my opinion,
          How many KO's does she have? Or do you think anyone in shape is going to score the "Devastating KO"?

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Making yourself look a prat as per usual with a nothing answer to his point?

What's new. Idiots are going to idiot. Aren't they sweetie?
            Let me guess, the American didn't give the poor lass enough time to train properly and caught her at a disadvantage?

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Bridges broke her hand, but she did edge it.

The French girl has just fought. Do you think she would come back a week later to confirm whether Eddie wants her back or not? Haha.
              "French girl" fought last month not last week. She's fought twice in a month before. Bridges fought Bec Connolly the month prior to her fight. it's not an uncommon event to fight a month later. Of course those facts don't support your narrative but you've never really been particularly unbiased in your posts so why bother now.

Yeah, the house fighter in Bridges nicked it by a point on the ref's card but if you think she legitimately "edged" it then there's nothing I can do for you.

Comment

anyone else taking Mitchell? 2 to 1 odds was 3 to 1

Comment

Matchroom seem like they made a call here, lose the title on the scales and have a weight advantage rather than try to lose weight and possibly lose because she drained

At least she's no longer a champ and we can all pretend the bridges fight had nothing to do with a belt

Comment

She looked great when she beat the australian. One of my favourite ever womens fight. Good luck to her.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Let me guess, the American didn't give the poor lass enough time to train properly and caught her at a disadvantage?
                      No, i'm talking about the point were Female boxing can't be taken seriously. If that was the case, Male boxing would be taken less seriously, considering. But you do love your strawmen don't you?

It isn't just Americans who put people at the disadvantage either. Mexicans are doing it en masse too. We've got another one coming up with Munguia having Rosado drop 8 lbs to weaken him. This is a guy who still hasn't fought a world class fighter nor is he interested in his mandatory shot against Andrade.

And you still haven't got back to me over your comment about British and American trainers. But you do hate the direct questions after mouthing off don't you...

Comment

Working...
                      X