Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz: If Joe Joyce Really Wants a War - Fight Me on Tank's Undercard!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how much would PBC offer Joyce for that.

Joyce is main eventer in Uk. I predict his main interest are big money fights with Fury, Joshua, Whyte, Chisora.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Don't defend Joyce if he ducks King Kong's challenge.
      You defended Hunter when he ducked Hrgovic.

I will defend Joyce for not taking the lowballs from PBC.
      REDEEMER REDEEMER likes this.

Comment

Blame Haymon for this fight not happening.

Joe Joyce on Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Joyce_(boxer)

Signing with Al Haymon

On 24 July 2018, Joyce started a one month trial with world-renowned trainer Abel Sanchez.[41] Seven days later Joyce and Sanchez reached a deal to team up full time.[42][43] On 15 August, Joyce signed a deal with powerful American advisor Al Haymon. It was said that Joyce would make his US debut before the end of 2018.[44] On 4 September, it was announced that Joyce would fight Iago Kiladze (26-3, 18 KOs) in an 8-round bout at the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California on 30 September.[45] Joyce kept his unbeaten run alive with a fifth round knockout win over Kiladze. Joyce knocked Kiladze down three times in dropping him in rounds 2, 3 and 5. The fight was stopped after the third knockdown with Kiladze appearing hurt. The official time of the stoppage was at 41 seconds of the round. Kiladze didn't appear to cause any damage with the shots he landed and Joyce appeared to use his jab more.[46][47]

Joyce vs. Hanks

After being listed as a next possible opponent for Joyce, former world title challenger Gerald Washington (19-2-1, 12 KOs) welcomed the bout, which was likely to take place on the Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury Showtime PPV undercard on 1 December 2018.[48] Joyce spent the next few weeks as one of Fury's sparring partners.[49] On 30 October, it was revealed that Joyce would fight returning American boxer Joe Hanks (23-2, 15 KOs) on the Wilder-Fury card at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.[50] Joyce weighed 262 pounds compared to Hanks' 247 ½ pounds.[51] It was reported by the CSAC, Joyce would make $40,000 and Hanks would take home $50,000.[52] Joyce put on an impressive performance in knocking out Hanks in the first round of their scheduled 10 round bout. Hanks had his moments earlier in the round. He landed several clean shots that made Joyce take a few steps back. Joyce came back and hurt Hanks with right hands. Joyce then landed a hard left to the head, knocking Hanks down. Hanks managed to beat referee Jerry Cantu's count; however, the fight was waved off. The time of stoppage was 2 minutes and 25 seconds of round one,[53][54] awarding Joyce the vacant WBA Continental heavyweight title.[55] In the post-fight presser, Joyce called out Luis Ortiz, also stating he was ready for bigger challenges. Ortiz accepted, claiming he does not turn down a challenge.[56]

Comment

I am still laughing all around when I remember casuals here told us after first Wilder fight that Ortiz was N.2. heavyweight in the world and that he was better than Wladimir Klitschko.

Ortiz is the only man who gets the huge credit for two KO losses to the same guy.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

You defended Hunter when he ducked Hrgovic.

I will defend Joyce for not taking the lowballs from PBC.
            Hunter got a much better offer from Triller.

If Joyce gets a much better offer than fighting Ortiz on Gervonta's undercard then I will keep it consistent and say it's not a duck.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
              Joe Joyce signed up with Al Haymon 3 years ago.
              Fought and won his debut fight in the US a month later.
              Then fought in the undercards of Wilder/Fury fight.
              Called out Luis Ortiz in the post-fight presser.

Haymon never sent any offers to both fighters.

So why blame Joyce and not Haymon?

Joyce is not a promoter. He only made $40K in his first fight with PBC.
              You gotta be an idiot to expect a mere fighter have so much power to offer fights.

What kind of name did Joyce have 3 years ago to be demanding a fight with anybody? Even now he's only 13 fights in with Carlos Takam as his best opponent. Lets put things in their proper perspective shall we. You're acting like 40k ain't solid for a guy with less than 8 fights.

Comment

oh s h i t!!!! Luis taking names!!! One can only wonder what Ortiz has been up to, as it has been a while. I don't see a way for him to beat Joyce. Joyce has a tank and can take a shot... How does Ortiz win this? It is unlikely he KO's Joyce, and Joyce is one of the more active fighters in the division... I mean Ortiz is talented, and if he is not shot and can be in good shape, he can win some fights, but this fight is not winnable for him. I like Ortiz, at least the last guy I saw fight Wilder...
                Last edited by billeau2; 10-05-2021, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  oh s h i t!!!! Luis taking names!!! One can only wonder what Ortiz has been up to, as it has been a while. I don't see a way for him to beat Joyce. Joyce has a tank and can take a shot... How does Ortiz win this? It is unlikely he KO's Joyce, and Joyce is one of the more active fighters in the division... I mean Ortiz is talented, and if he is not shot and can be in good shape, he can win some fights, but this fight is not winnable for him. I like Ortiz, at least the last guy I saw fight Wilder...
                  I made a thread 2 years ago about this fight and everyone was all over me about the exact opposite. Id like to bump that thread but the new forum doesn’t let you go to threads made ,just to see what was said on it .
                  billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

I made a thread 2 years ago about this fight and everyone was all over me about the exact opposite. Id like to bump that thread but the new forum doesn’t let you go to threads made ,just to see what was said on it .
                    Yeah... I think that is an easy fight to suss out... Even discounting Ortiz's present age, the style Joyce presents is poison for Ortiz. I might actually put a bet on that fight, something I have avoided doing because of judges...

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      If it's so easy than I expect Joyce to jump on this opportunity.

Nothing but crickets so far from that camp, though.
                      kushking kushking billeau2 billeau2 like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X