Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marco Antonio Barrera, Analyzing Mayweather vs Marquez (ESPN DEPORTES)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ido View Post
    He was mimicking both.

Now I am convinced Marques will not try to pressure Mayweather as he claimed. But bait Mayweather into coming forward.
    thats also what i gathered from listening.

Comment

If Mayweather tries to close the distance, he exposes himself to Marques punching range.

You need to keep in mind, that Marques is a puncher/boxer first.

Mayweather is better off controlling the distance and pace. Thats how he picking/timing his shots with his superior power and leverage*.
      That is where the stance comes into play.

Who do you feel has the advantage in an inside fight? the stronger Mayweather with quicker hands and better defense? Or the volume-punching JMM. Who was knocked down by MAB?

My big concern in ths bout is to keep JMM off the canvas. The fight will be close on the cards if it goes the distance. JMM will not have the cushion to bounce back from a 10-8 round. OR, he will feel that he has to press, and he will be KO'd.

Remember what FMJ did to Hatton. And Zab. And Sharmba. He came inside to stifle THEIR range. Toney and Mayweather are brilliant inside fighters.

Comment

He was mimicking both.

Now I am convinced Marques will not try to pressure Mayweather as he claimed. But bait Mayweather into coming forward.
        I also found it interesting that MAB shifted to the southpaw stance when he mimicked FMJ on the ropes. Did you notice that? That isn't right. Floyd likes to keep the right hand back so he can come with that uppercut/overhand right combo. Then he pivots away.

He said that Mayweather is a very intelligent fighter...but it sounded earlier in the clip like he was saying Mayweather wasn't a "brave" fighter. Did he say el no es valiente?

That is the opposite of what Ignacio thought.

Comment

MAB should cut his hair, he's starting to look like Shemp.

Comment

Is Barrera going to include JMM in the top ten list of his best Mexican fighters if JMM beats Mayweather, or is he going to continue to **** on him and disrespect him?

Comment

barrera is smart...he ALMOST got away with illegal handwraps in the 3rd morales fight until freddie roach pointed it out...****en cheater

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                I also found it interesting that MAB shifted to the southpaw stance when he mimicked FMJ on the ropes. Did you notice that? That isn't right. Floyd likes to keep the right hand back so he can come with that uppercut/overhand right combo. Then he pivots away.

He said that Mayweather is a very intelligent fighter...but it sounded earlier in the clip like he was saying Mayweather wasn't a "brave" fighter. Did he say el no es valiente?

MAB said that FMJ is a "southpaw" fighter (which is obviously wrong), that's why he shifted to southpaw stance when he mimicked FMJ.

Comment

MAB is very smart!!!!!!!

he sounds like he ould be a great trainer someday!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post

Yes! he said Mayweather is not to brave!!!! LOL!!!

But he made great points there!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X