Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marco Antonio Barrera, Analyzing Mayweather vs Marquez (ESPN DEPORTES)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
    Yes! he said Mayweather is not to brave!!!! LOL!!!

But he made great points there!!!!!!
    And its a contradiction to say he is a brilliant inside fighter because you cant be great on the inside and not be brave , Floyd style makes not brave just roll of the tongue yet when he has to stand and **** he hangs with the best .

Comment

good post but i disagree with many thing barrera said

He also said mayweather its southpaw wtf its wrong with him ahahahhaa for those who dont speak spanish and dont believe me just look at his stance when he tries to mimick mayweather... that was so wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
        That is where the stance comes into play.

Who do you feel has the advantage in an inside fight? the stronger Mayweather with quicker hands and better defense? Or the volume-punching JMM. Who was knocked down by MAB?

My big concern in ths bout is to keep JMM off the canvas. The fight will be close on the cards if it goes the distance. JMM will not have the cushion to bounce back from a 10-8 round. OR, he will feel that he has to press, and he will be KO'd.

Remember what FMJ did to Hatton. And Zab. And Sharmba. He came inside to stifle THEIR range. Toney and Mayweather are brilliant inside fighters.
        Who do I favor in the inside? JMM. The mistake you are making is comparing brawler turned boxer MAB. To a predominantly technical sound fighter that is Mayweather. Marquez had MAB on the run. Marquez got overconfident, he paid the price because MAB is instinctively an inside brawler. The same thing happen in his fight with Pac Man.

When Mayweather gets into inside fighting and starts to lose. He begins to fight dirty. Smothering his opponents with his elbows. Or he positions himself, to neutralize one’s arm, essentially locking his arm, through underhead dives from the opponents arm/shoulder. Not that he actually has the heart to go into a brawl, like MAB. Many have called it out, and rightfully so. Maywather does not like to brawl. That’s why he has the tendency to avoid wars.

The real question is, If it comes to an inside fight. Can Money pull of these cheap tactics on a equally sound and seasoned fighter?

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
        I also found it interesting that MAB shifted to the southpaw stance when he mimicked FMJ on the ropes. Did you notice that? That isn't right. Floyd likes to keep the right hand back so he can come with that uppercut/overhand right combo. Then he pivots away.

He said that Mayweather is a very intelligent fighter...but it sounded earlier in the clip like he was saying Mayweather wasn't a "brave" fighter. Did he say el no es valiente?

That is the opposite of what Ignacio thought.
        Yeah MAB called it wrong. He claimed Money fights in a southpaw stance.

And yes he stated, Money is not brave. Its his style, to be defensive and pot shot/cherry pick his punchers that have landed such remarks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ido View Post
          Who do I favor in the inside? JMM. The mistake you are making is comparing brawler turned boxer MAB. To a predominantly technical sound fighter that is Mayweather. Marquez had MAB on the run. Marquez got overconfident, he paid the price because MAB is instinctively an inside brawler. The same thing happen in his fight with Pac Man.

When Mayweather gets into inside fighting and starts to lose. He begins to fight dirty. Smothering his opponents with his elbows. Or he positions himself, to neutralize one’s arm, essentially locking his arm, through underhead dives from the opponents arm/shoulder. Not that he actually has the heart to go into a brawl, like MAB. Many have called it out, and rightfully so. Maywather does not like to brawl. That’s why he has the tendency to avoid wars.

The real question is, If it comes to an inside fight. Can Money pull of these cheap tactics on a equally sound and seasoned fighter?

Yeah MAB called it wrong. He claimed Money fights in a southpaw stance.

And yes he stated, Money is not brave. Its his style, to be defensive and pot shot/cherry pick his punchers that have landed such remarks.
          I took it as floyd changes southpaw sometimes when he is next to the ropes which he does do

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
            good post but i disagree with many thing barrera said

He also said mayweather its southpaw wtf its wrong with him ahahahhaa for those who dont speak spanish and dont believe me just look at his stance when he tries to mimick mayweather... that was so wrong
            Yeah I heard that, but he just looked confused on how to do the stance, the way he put his arm was mad funny.

Comment

marquez is going to be eating straight rights and cheque hooks all night

Comment

Not that he actually has the heart to go into a brawl, like MAB. Many have called it out, and rightfully so. Maywather does not like to brawl. That’s why he has the tendency to avoid wars.

Colin Powell: "Who would want to go to war if they didn't absolutely have to?"

If you have the skills and ability to avoid war (or punches) you do. Some of the guys on the very short P4P list got there by avoiding wars: Pep, Pea, etc.

If you are Joe Frazier, war is the way for you to win. If you are Pernell, avoiding war is the way to win.

Tu sabes?

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
                  marquez is going to be eating straight rights and cheque hooks all night
                  I don't see Floyd hitting Marquez w check hooks. Just normal left hooks.

Comment

I can always tell the guys who started watching boxing very recently when they describe Mayweather's style that way.

Actually, Fmj has won many more fights by attacking than by potshotting. I notice that when Merchant said it in the Baldomir fight, many novice fans grasped on to that.
                    Just like some fans call every hook a 'check hook" now.

If Floyd has somebody in front of him who (he feels) is his size, he takes a more aggressive approach/comes inside. Examples? Chicanito, manfredy, Chavez, Augustus, Bruseles, Corley, Sharmba, Gatti, Judah.

If he has a bigger guy, he becomes more cautious and defensive: Baldomir, Castillo, Delahoya. Even Corrales. He was stick-n-move in those.

Would you agree with that?

Comment

i think when mab said pbf is not brave he meant floyd is not a risk-taker. meaning: floyd doesn't take chances with anything...

Comment

Working...
                      X