Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marco Antonio Barrera, Analyzing Mayweather vs Marquez (ESPN DEPORTES)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco Antonio Barrera, Analyzing Mayweather vs Marquez (ESPN DEPORTES)

i wouldve love to hear MABs insights, i think he's one of the most intelligent fighters back then but crap, i cant understand.

Comment

Very nice, thanks

Comment

I hope Marquez does not throw the double jab too often. If he does, he is getting knocked out.

Comment

Marco is very smart. He is right you need really good head movement (Castillo) and come in. If you don't he kills you with that right hand and speed. Castillo's head movement is very good.

Comment

Pero mayweather va a cerrar la distancia. Rapidissimo. Marquez no podra tirar combinaciones asi.

Comment

I would translate it all, but I am on my laptop.

The key points, they are trying to make is. Mayweahter looks to control the pace, and counter by fighting defensively blocking. When he feels pressured, he steps back throwing jabs. (Nacho has commented on this).

They comment, on Marquez volume punching. His ability to throw punches at any angle. His hand speed. And most importantly, his ability to faint/bait an opponent.

He will throw 4 punch combination, and delay a strait right hand, or overhead strait for heavy damage.

Cheers - Id

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                Pero mayweather va a cerrar la distancia. Rapidissimo. Marquez no podra tirar combinaciones asi.
                If Mayweather tries to close the distance, he exposes himself to Marques punching range.

You need to keep in mind, that Marques is a puncher/boxer first.

Mayweather is better off controlling the distance and pace. Thats how he picking/timing his shots with his superior power and leverage.

Comment

I need a thorough translation of the points MAB was pointing out for both fighters ie strengths/weaknesses if he mentioned them.

Also, as far as the lateral movement he was showing the host. Was that suppose to be JMM or Floyd he was mimicking?

Comment

Originally posted by We want Floyd View Post
                    Also, as far as the lateral movement he was showing the host. Was that suppose to be JMM or Floyd he was mimicking?
                    He was mimicking both.

Now I am convinced Marques will not try to pressure Mayweather as he claimed. But bait Mayweather into coming forward.

Comment

Working...
                    X