Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Eyes December Return, Wants Adam Kownacki, Charles Martin, or Luis Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

I believe Ruiz already showed he’s better then Parker just on the AJ fights . Parker has had a very strange career with some questionable decision wins . Ruiz really should only have one loss that was the second fight with A.J . Parker hasn’t had a legit win over a top ranked guy in years .
    Yup. Parker started strong, but never really materialized... I gave that fight to ruiz as well... Parker is very risk adverse...
    REDEEMER REDEEMER likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Yup. Parker started strong, but never really materialized... I gave that fight to ruiz as well... Parker is very risk adverse...
      He should defeat Chisora without any controversy this time,I had Chisora winning but I only saw the fight once ?

Buddy McGirt had Chisora looking like a true technical boxer in that Parker fight working behind the jab and picking his shots even going southpaw which really confused Parker ,I just remember him getting beat up and breathing heavy from all those body shots , another example of how important the trainer is . If McGirt is still with Chisora it could be another close one .

I also remember McGirt making Chisora listen to instructions ,I find it crazy when he said he doesn’t let trainers tell him what to do like shadow box etc. it’s a reason why Chisora never really progressed as a fighter I take it ? Don Charles used to go crazy in the corner with him ,not the easiest guy to train I take it .

Comment

He should defeat Chisora without any controversy this time,I had Chisora winning but I only saw the fight once ?

Buddy McGirt had Chisora looking like a true technical boxer in that Parker fight working behind the jab and picking his shots even going southpaw which really confused Parker ,I just remember him getting beat up and breathing heavy from all those body shots , another example of how important the trainer is . If McGirt is still with Chisora it could be another close one .

I also remember McGirt making Chisora listen to instructions ,I find it crazy when he said he doesn’t let trainers tell him what to do like shadow box etc. it’s a reason why Chisora never really progressed as a fighter I take it ? Don Charles used to go crazy in the corner with him ,not the easiest guy to train I take it .
        Being coachable is an attribute. It is how hollyfield beat Tyson and Bowe (the time he boxed).

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Being coachable is an attribute. It is how hollyfield beat Tyson and Bowe (the time he boxed).
          Holyfield had Steward that second time he fought Bowe .

I think Holyfield’s preparation against Tyson was his edge he had Tua as a sparring ,not sure who Tyson had ? Tyson definitely was not as easy to train from stories and lifestyle.

billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Holyfield had Steward that second time he fought Bowe .

I think Holyfield’s preparation against Tyson was his edge he had Tua as a sparring ,not sure who Tyson had ? Tyson definitely was not as easy to train from stories and lifestyle.
            Tyson had a lot of emotional problems... In the old days (Cus Amato & company) those type issues were laughed at and it was assumed a kid would lose them as they invested themselves more in the training... There is some truth to that, but there are some issues that are real and need to be addressed. IMO part of Tyson's problems was similar to with Liston. Both men were intelligent but academically limited, Liston could not even read. Thats very frustrating. I dealt with it teaching High School. A kid can't express him/herself... so they act out. Tyson studied Dempsey on a level that one would study a subject at the higher levels... yet I don't know if he graduated High School. Liston used to love kids. They did not judge him, and he wasn't self conscious about his lack of literacy (reading). Foreman who was mentored by Liston spoke of how Sonny was around the literacy issue... It was not something you wanted to bring up for discussion lol.

Isn't it sad? I mean, I can only speak for myself, as someone who happens to be well educated... I would never hold it against someone who didn't learn to read. There is absolutely no shame... I had kids in my classes (special ed) when I taught, and they could not decode after junior high. I used to get them comic books because they wanted to know what the comic was saying lol. Liston, like many thought it best to hide his handicap. That is what is so sad to me. He was highly intelligent, personally I think he may be the most well rounded heavy weight there was... this shows his ability to master a subject he applied himself to accomlish. Bless the Jesuits... They were unafraid of Liston and got him into boxing. Liston had respect for the Priest that he met in prison and got him boxing... Why? Because most people guys like Liston, Foreman, or Tyson met were afraid of them... Jesuit Priests are G's lol... Mormons also... Mormons have a large missionary contingency consisting of Samoans and Tongoans... You have to be bad a s s to walk among Samoans lol.
            REDEEMER REDEEMER likes this.

Comment

Working...
            X