Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn Ranks Oleksandr Usyk Number Two Pound-For-Pound, After Only Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nino brown21 View Post

Idk I saw the billy ho fight yesterday and before he broke his face , he looked like he was wilting a bit .
    People say Canelo just waited and came on when he wanted. Maybe, but I saw it a BJS frustrating Canelo. Only Canelo knows, and if it was like I think, then he ain't telling. Unless somebody comes with real power, slickness has to be the key. Ain't that how Usyk took out big AJ?

Comment

If Plant upsets Canelo, does he go to number one pound for pound, or surely it's more of a body of work to be built.

Usyk is right up there, and so is Fury, although I think the third Wilder fight is very risky. Crawford is up the mythical list, but needs to fight better opponents, and beat them.

I can't rate Joshua in the top dozen pound for pound.

Comment

Originally posted by Line305b View Post

I guess what we are comparing here is:

- Did Canelo go up a division and beat the top guy there in his prime?

- That seems to be a "No", unless we count GGG being in his prime when he fought with Canelo, and presuming Canelo came from 154 for that fight.. and that may not be true, because Canelo waited until GGG did not look so good anymore. Other guys - good, but not really top dogs, rather cherry picking.

- So, for Canelo to match against Usyk he would need to go to 168 or 175 and beat one of two top guys there, probably Beterbiev or Bivol.

Based on that, one could say, well, Canelo is a good fighter, and everything, but when it comes to really taking up a challenge, he does not seem to be as inclined as Usyk.

So, Usyk higher in P4P ranking based on that metric.

Or?

Canelo has a better resume, has better wins, he is 4 división champions, and rivals of Usyk were not top-30 of the world, so, nope.

Usyk needs beat al Fury, he beat a very overrated fighter that Andy K.Od.
        Usyk beat the #3.

Kovalev was the #3 too, and a shot Kovalev is better than any version of Joshua.

And GGG was top-3 P4P when Canelo Canelo beat him.

Be fair.

Comment

- Why don't you suggest Canelo needs to beat Bivol or Beterbiyev? They are not P4P, so should be easy for him, no
          Canelo unified 154, 160, 168 has a better resume.

Better names, better career overall.

Comment

Crawford and Spence fighting bums or little guys has caused them to keep dropping on P4P

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
              If Plant upsets Canelo, does he go to number one pound for pound, or surely it's more of a body of work to be built.

Usyk is right up there, and so is Fury, although I think the third Wilder fight is very risky. Crawford is up the mythical list, but needs to fight better opponents, and beat them.

I can't rate Joshua in the top dozen pound for pound.
              Joshua is not even near of the top-25.

Comment

Usyk is at or just off the top of the tree. Deserves massive credit for travelling to other people's back yards to take on the biggest challenges available and remaining undefeated. Has he ever even been knocked down?

Comment

Why #2 after Canelo, for gods sake? Equivalent to what Usyk just did, for Canelo, would be to move to 175 or cruiser and challenge the top dogs there and win, no?

Canelo did not do that, so how he would be ranked above Usyk? Until Canelo beats Beterbiev or Bivol, he's probably not the same level of risk taking and winning.

Not sure why Hearn says what he says, but it sounds like he has obligations towards Canelo and does not want to disrespect him. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in any division to match Usyk's dare against the top dog in heavyweight.
                  Vast majority of ppl within the sport view Canelo as the number 1 P4P. Not just Eddie Hearn.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Oh do come along now my dear sycophant…..the Reynoso camp is juiced to the gills. I’m not Mexican American so I dont worship fighters from Mexico
                    Wonder what you have to say the SNAC program. A few fighters popped dirty while being with Victor Conte. Does that mean all the fighters enrolled in the SNAC program are Juicing?

Comment

Eddie, I'm sorry....Canelo isn't coming back

Comment

Working...
                      X