Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dana White Alleges De La Hoya Faked COVID-19 After Oscar Condemns UFC For Fighter Pay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mexiFistology View Post

Only the top names in the ufc make the good money, the rest are still sacrificing their lives in the octagon the same but get paid pennies and have to take day jobs to feed their family and make ends meet, this ain’t “dumb stuff” . Ignorant
    You do know they do it voluntarily, right? Haha you talking like if fighters were some kind of heroes we need to defend. Thanks for defending, Mr Justice hahaha
    Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

I do think that top boxers should get more, as they do, than mma fighters. But anyway, Oscar and Dana go at it now and then.

I see Oscar isn't with Millie anymore, but some hot young gf. Hope that works out, and he chills out.

Comment

Dana is always touchy when someone calls his ass out for underpaying his fighters.

Comment

UFC fighters aren't allowed to wear the logos of their own sponsors as I understand it.

They have had to wear Reebok and now Venum gear exclusively. Because of deals the UFC has made to benefit the company rather than the fighters.
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 09-26-2021, 10:22 PM.

Comment

UFC fighters walk away with less than 20% of the revenue generated and that's for all the fighters on a card. It's crazy. sometimes it's even 10% of the revenue. It's a highway robbery in broad daylight.

Comment

Lol that exchange was hilarious. I do think its convenient how so many people seem to catch Covid right before a risky fight.

As for the UFC pay thing, its not where it should be yet (and the Reebok and Venum deals should never have happened) but its increasing at a solid pace. If you're a champ today you're getting 2-3x as much as you would have in the 00s, in some cases more, and back then there were far less divisions. I think low seven figures as standard for championship level fighters would be fair, and I expect them to be at that in the 2030s.

Comment

Cant respect a Dude who mouths things on Twitter to a person that he would never say in his Face . Dont get the weird UFC fanboy obsession with Dana white . They like him more than they like the fighters

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
                  Lol that exchange was hilarious. I do think its convenient how so many people seem to catch Covid right before a risky fight.

As for the UFC pay thing, its not where it should be yet (and the Reebok and Venum deals should never have happened) but its increasing at a solid pace. If you're a champ today you're getting 2-3x as much as you would have in the 00s, in some cases more, and back then there were far less divisions. I think low seven figures as standard for championship level fighters would be fair, and I expect them to be at that in the 2030s.
                  That's a very misleading statistic! yea you're making more money than 10 years ago, but the sport has gotten a lot more popular and the fighter should always get the lion's share of the revenue, not 10% for all the fighters on the card and the rest to the UFC and White. The fighters should walk away with at least 70% so that they can pay their camps and take care of themselves. More pay would also motivate more talent to enter the sport.

People come to watch the fighter, not the UFC, the UFC only helps promote the fighter, but they don't perform under the lights and they can work with thousands of fighters for decades, a fighter's money earning window is 5 years at best during which he has to set himself up for life since he has no other qualifications after his career as a fighter is over since he dedicated everything to the sport.
                  PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

I just wanna see Oscar and Dana fight. There’s no reason why they shouldn’t and it actually makes sense with all the bad blood that’s been going on for years now.

Especially with all the pointless bouts we see all the damn time now, there’s money to be made here and I would love to see that circus!

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post

That's a very misleading statistic! yea you're making more money than 10 years ago, but the sport has gotten a lot more popular and the fighter should always get the lion's share of the revenue, not 10% for all the fighters on the card and the rest to the UFC and White. The fighters should walk away with at least 70% so that they can pay their camps and take care of themselves. More pay would also motivate more talent to enter the sport.
                      I agree that it should still be more, but my point is, the pay is on an upwards trajectory at a rate where it will probably be where it needs to be within a decade or so, possibly quicker because theres such a call for it.

Another factor that doesnt get addressed when it comes to pay is MMA has a very small talent pool relative to its popularity. We are talking literally a few thousand active pro fighters globally. And with the massive increase in the amount of cards and divisions (both roughly doubled from 2010) the UFCs roster has grown a ton. There is no other major sports league on the planet that signs such a high percentage of the sports overall talent pool, your chance of making the NBA as a basketball player, NFL as a football player, any of the major leagues as a soccer player etc are absolutely miniscule in comparison.

Comment

Working...
                      X