Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dana White Alleges De La Hoya Faked COVID-19 After Oscar Condemns UFC For Fighter Pay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

I agree that it should still be more, but my point is, the pay is on an upwards trajectory at a rate where it will probably be where it needs to be within a decade or so, possibly quicker because theres such a call for it.

Another factor that doesnt get addressed when it comes to pay is MMA has a very small talent pool relative to its popularity. We are talking literally a few thousand active pro fighters globally. And with the massive increase in the amount of cards and divisions (both roughly doubled from 2010) the UFCs roster has grown a ton. There is no other major sports league on the planet that signs such a high percentage of the sports overall talent pool, your chance of making the NBA as a basketball player, NFL as a football player, any of the major leagues as a soccer player etc are absolutely miniscule in comparison.
    The increasing pay trend means nothing. The deciding factor is the percentage the fighter gets from the revenue HE is creating from HIS fights, that's why they get paid on fight by fight basis and that's what they deserve. This isn't basketball where the players get a yearly salary, this is prize fighting, it's a whole different ball game.

A reason for the small talent pool is mainly the risk vs reward aspect of it, these guys are crippled after their careers are over and they have absolutely nothing to show for it and have to enter the workforce as damaged 40 year old men after selling millions of tickets and PPVs. There's no defending this imo.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

They sign those contracts. Who forcing them?
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Shill for the rich.

Obviously no one is forcing them... but they're the reason white is making millions.
      Just like the workers in factories, not the CEOs, are the ones making the corporations the $$.
      So, here you are, most likely a worker, saying the workers here should just STFU and obey the 'master'.
      How short sighted of you. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Obviously no one is forcing them... but they're the reason white is making millions.
        Just like the workers in factories, not the CEOs, are the ones making the corporations the $$.
        So, here you are, most likely a worker, saying the workers here should just STFU and obey the 'master'.
        Calm down commie, they could choose a different career path if they so desire, maybe make some solid investments. Not sign these contracts and cry about it later. The workers don't put up the money to open these factories you are whining about. Without the person willing to risk it there would be no factory for these people to work in the first place. Do you think these companies just pop up unfunded? What an absolute idiot. I am indeed a worker, but hold a pretty nice position which allows me to raise my family in a beautiful home, 2 cars, motorcycle and food in my fridge. I got all this done by doing my job well and being loyal to those who offered me my awesome job.

Comment

Calm down commie, they could choose a different career path if they so desire, maybe make some solid investments. Not sign these contracts and cry about it later. The workers don't put up the money to open these factories you are whining about. Without the person willing to risk it there would be no factory for these people to work in the first place. Do you think these companies just pop up unfunded? What an absolute idiot. I am indeed a worker, but hold a pretty nice position which allows me to raise my family in a beautiful home, 2 cars, motorcycle and food in my fridge. I got all this done by doing my job well and being loyal to those who offered me my awesome job.
          Commie. LMAO!!!
          Like I said... you're a shill for the rich. In your tiny shill mind, a building is the most important thing. What a sick laugh. Here's how it works, bubba: Employees = productivity, product, entertainment, whatever. Wow, what's really sicko is YOU are siding AGAINST YOURSELF in this equation... that is unless you're a CEO of some corporation. Geez, what a sheeple you are. AND this is about contact sport, an extremely dangerous gig with a very small window. And BTW, most of these fighters aren't rocket scientists, so STFU with your 'make investments'. Wow, you should consider yourself extremely lucky to be where you are... unless your life description above is you just blowing smoke. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Commie. LMAO!!!
            Like I said... you're a shill for the rich. In your tiny shill mind, a building is the most important thing. What a sick laugh. Here's how it works, bubba: Employees = productivity, product, entertainment, whatever. Wow, what's really sicko is YOU are siding AGAINST YOURSELF in this equation... that is unless you're a CEO of some corporation. Geez, what a sheeple you are. AND this is about contact sport, an extremely dangerous gig with a very small window. And BTW, most of these fighters aren't rocket scientists, so STFU with your 'make investments'. Wow, you should consider yourself extremely lucky to be where you are... unless your life description above is you just blowing smoke. SMH
            Not a building but the person or persons who come up with the ideas, buy the building, the materials, pay the staff is most important. Without those who take the risk of starting a business there would be no employees. Which simply destroys your argument. Not a CEO, that would be nice though. I hold a solid position for a company I have been with for 20 years. Not siding with anyone but recognize companies do not open themselves.

Again these guys choose their profession, they sign contracts and if they don't know the risks then shame on them not their employer. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to begin investing it's easy to learn. I consider myself very blessed to have what I have. Understand though I've worked extremely hard to be where I am not by luck. I remained loyal, worked extremely hard and anyone can do the same or even better.

Comment

Not a building but the person or persons who come up with the ideas, buy the building, the materials, pay the staff is most important. Without those who take the risk of starting a business there would be no employees. Which simply destroys your argument. Not a CEO, that would be nice though. I hold a solid position for a company I have been with for 20 years. Not siding with anyone but recognize companies do not open themselves.

Again these guys choose their profession, they sign contracts and if they don't know the risks then shame on them not their employer. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to begin investing it's easy to learn. I consider myself very blessed to have what I have. Understand though I've worked extremely hard to be where I am not by luck. I remained loyal, worked extremely hard and anyone can do the same or even better.
              Thanx for proving you're a cheapskate employer too cheap to pay your employees a living wage.
              But hey... keep being WRONG on everything. It got you this far... so I say the sky's the limit, bubba. SMH

Comment

Working...
              X